[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

I have read of people powering 4870's, a quadcore, two HDD's and 2 opticals with only 350w's, so hopefully I will be fine using the 300w to do the 4850, e5400, 1 hdd and a slim drive...plus 2 or 3 USB devices.

My 4850 is 9.25" long. You have about just under 10.5" of length to play with in the case. I think reference 4870's are 9.5"s....so yah...standard 4870's should fit fine in the case....even accounting for the stupid connector at the end. PSU wise, I think you'll diffinently be looking for something better then what you get with the case and if you don't mind a little modding, more then likely it will fit as well.

JonDoms,

can you fit 2x 3.5" HDs in the Sugo 05?

considering this for a WHS build.

Thanks!

Great news. Then I have no choice but to wait for the SG06 instead. I'm hoping for a a stronger PSU with 2 6pins.

[barf]. The SG06 is hideous. I wish they'd just release the SG05 in silver.

Great news. Then I have no choice but to wait for the SG06 instead. I'm hoping for a a stronger PSU with 2 6pins.

I don't understand why you say that; the SG06, based on what the link says, is just a SG05 with a new front and a fan included. I see nothing that says it'll come with a better PSU which is going to be hard to do since SFX PSUs aren't made in wattages higher then 350w (from what I've seen).

In order to get a better PSU the case will have to be completely redesigned to take a full ATX PSU.

I dunno why it's so hard for people to grasp - You want tiny and restrictions, go ITX. You want more flexibility and ATX-like hardware, go mATX. All the complaining about how you can't have your future sci-fi dream computers right now is very Zzzz. mATX is restrictive, ITX takes that even further, nothing new.

Meh, think I like the SGo5 better. $30 more a front plate that makes it look blah and probably worse cooling, no thanks.

Now if they made it deeper and just a tiny bit wider (bare min to accomidate an ATX psu), that woulda been great. But all that is is a poorly dressed up SGO5 variant.

I dunno why it's so hard for people to grasp - You want tiny and restrictions, go ITX. You want more flexibility and ATX-like hardware, go mATX. All the complaining about how you can't have your future sci-fi dream computers right now is very Zzzz. mATX is restrictive, ITX takes that even further, nothing new.

I think you're in the wrong place. People want as small as they can mobile gaming desktop they can build themselves and the industry that makes hardware will listen and eventually cater to what people want. Do you really think a 9300 or 780g itx board needs a PCIe16 slot for doing home theater shit? I have no doubt we will be seeing more powerful matx psu's and more mobo makers will be releasing ITX mobos with pci x16 slots. I mean honestly, your aurgument, you might as well be telling me what my favorite colour is.

Yea well that's not happening right now is it? I think you're in the wrong time.

Yea well that's not happening right now is it? I think you're in the wrong time.

I totally agree; you've already got people clamoring for an i7 ITX board with a PCie x16 slot and that can OC like the best of them along with a super tiny ITX case that can hold the highest end video card, CPU and a full ATX sized PSU.

It's fucking ridicules to expect all of that while being so small.

While at the same time we've just now started getting MATX Crossfire/SLI boards and Asus and DFI are both releasing an i7 MATX board.

Demanding customers are good for everyone. I want small and and the same capabilities of a full sized system. Manufactures are listening and going in the right direction, by being demanding we help them make the products we want.

There's a difference between what we have now and what we want.

I wished for my Ironman suit yesterday and it hasn't come in the mail yet.

Hi,
Which heatsink would be the best with this case for a s775 CPU?
Thanks

Ample space for CPU cooling (78mm in height)

Maybe the Thermalright AXP140, or you can squish a NT06 from 82mm to 78mm.

Ok but the Thermalright could be too high, no? I mean the fan would be directly front of the PSU, which is fanless I guess?
I was thinking of the Scythe Shuriken, but I saw on other forums that it wasn't efficient.

Ok but the Thermalright could be too high, no? I mean the fan would be directly front of the PSU, which is fanless I guess?
I was thinking of the Scythe Shuriken, but I saw on other forums that it wasn't efficient.

I like the Scythe, but the damn 775 push-pin mounting just about kills it for me. It's hard to be confident that the thing is on there to stay.

I finally got my cables routed and the new heatsink mounted. As i suspected, the clearance silverstone states of 78mm is quite conservative. I mounted the heatsink (62mm w/o fan) and a yate loon 120x20mm fan and it just fits under the power supply. There appears to be a 1mm gap between the 3.5 hdd cage and the fan. The power supply appears to have a clearnce of +1mm more than the hdd cage (2mm total). It is as tight as i feel comfortable to mount a heatsink.

Snip

So in conclusion 62mm+20mm= 82mm looks to be the max height for a heatsink fan combo if you plan on using a 3.5" hdd. If not, you might squeeze another mm or two but unless you either go with a pico psu or don't mind having you heatsink fan combo touching the power supply that's it. I hope my observations have been helpful and i should be able to get some pics later.

82mm max height for a heatsink fan combo

I like the Scythe, but the damn 775 push-pin mounting just about kills it for me. It's hard to be confident that the thing is on there to stay.

Not a problem for me, if a pin is broken, I can replace it with one from a stock heatsink (the Intel crap)

Push pins are fine... Geez, stock heatsink is used far more than you'd think.

JonDoms,

can you fit 2x 3.5" HDs in the Sugo 05?

considering this for a WHS build.

Thanks!

Nope not (2) 3.5s.
You can do and I recommend a small 7200 or 5400 laptop drive and a large 3.5.
Or what I was thinking was using the esata on the zotac board or intel x4500 board and connecting to this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817332017
or this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817332013

Not if it's for Lanning. Those pins pop out more oftne than you think. I really hate the push pin design but what choice do we have for low profile? Any bracket system out there that are not huge? I have a Zalman 8700I might try out but that thing is huge.

Not if it's for Lanning. Those pins pop out more oftne than you think. I really hate the push pin design but what choice do we have for low profile? Any bracket system out there that are not huge? I have a Zalman 8700I might try out but that thing is huge.
Zip ties ;)

I've gotten into the habit of removing the push pins and using screws. Push pins suck for me; I've broken at least three stock coolers because of it and they always make me scared I'm going to brake the mobo.

What is the PSU model bundled with that case? Does it have a fan?
If possible, can someone post a picture of the PSU sticker?

its a 300 watt PSU... Rated at 80 plus, it should power a 4850/GTS 250 with no issue.

Thanks, so Silverstone gets UFSP300-60GHSU model with different output cables (only 2 Molex, 2 SATA and a PCIe). PCIe cable has his own 12V rail (+12V2), SATA & Molex have a common 12V rail (+12V1), that's perfect :)

Back