You're a rat... and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacing guild

[H]ard|Gawd
Now... I've never hacked an online game in my life. No interest in it. I dislike a cheat as much as the next guy. Wouldn't know how if I tried.

So I'm playing BF3... noob Violent Industries Metro server. I get revived behind a wall and I got glitched on top of the map. Never happened to me before. So I'm walking around trying to figure out how to exploit it... a natural response IMHO. I happen to be sniper, so I plant a radio beacon to see if I can suicide and spawn inside the map instead of on top.

I see a squadmate spawn in.... he's just standing there. OK... he doesn't dig what i'm trying to do... so he shoots my beacon and suicides.

So my fun's over. I suicide and start playing normal. A few minutes later, I get kicked and banned.

I know it's that rat f*ck squadmate. You know who you are you rat fink.

Now i've played a lot of online gaming. I seen hacks all over the place. Admins letting guys hack. I deal with it. I don't record anybody... I don't really give a shit. I either leave or wait for him to get kicked.

No one asked me anything... no warning...nothing. Now I know that little weasel in my squad must have been Frapsin' me while he was standing there to prove it.

Other team rat me out? Ok ok. My own squadmate? Give me the benefit of the doubt? I did no damage... did nothing to get an advantage, but he cheesed me.

Heretofore my stance on this issue is... BF3 is noob.

people in online games can act immature? Holy shit, lemme call CNN.

You tried to exploit a glitch and got banned for it, so in response you decide to rant about getting caught... wow.

You tried to exploit a glitch and got banned for it, so in response you decide to rant about getting caught... wow.

Not getting caught. I had no intention to cheat... It was an accident and I was exploring a bit. Getting ratted by a squad mate. That's what burns me.

I've seen guys get 200 kills with a pistol aimbotting in BF3.. and guys still spawning in, steppin' up to be hacked. Admins did nothing. I see that stuff all the time.

And this little jerkface wastes his time ratting me out for doing nothing. Anything to suck up to an admin.:rolleyes:

lol poor SG.

I don't think what you did was really wrong but no I never cheat. If I ever spawn glitch I make a big silly deal of it.

Hi. Is this teh funnee thread where that guy used an exploit (but only was curious, honestly, he swears) and got kicked and banned and is now so pissed that he makes a forum thread about it?

Dude. It's one server. Out of hundreds, even thousands. Deal with it.

I know. It's more about the catharsis. I actually felt better getting it off my chest. And I wasn't going to waste my time trying to sign up for whatever forum they have to bitch about it.

So I'm walking around trying to figure out how to exploit it... a natural response IMHO. I happen to be sniper, so I plant a radio beacon to see if I can suicide and spawn inside the map instead of on top.

Here you state that you were trying to figure out how to exploit a glitch, and even planned on trying to see if you could get back into the glitched spot.

Not getting caught. I had no intention to cheat... It was an accident and I was exploring a bit. Getting ratted by a squad mate. That's what burns me.

I've seen guys get 200 kills with a pistol aimbotting in BF3.. and guys still spawning in, steppin' up to be hacked. Admins did nothing. I see that stuff all the time.

And this little jerkface wastes his time ratting me out for doing nothing. Anything to suck up to an admin.:rolleyes:

Here you say you had no intention to cheat, yet in your first post as talked about above, you were looking for a way to exploit the glitch.

It looks like you got banned for a good reason and now just want to cry about getting caught.

loser2zg.gif

Ratting on someone for glitching= Lame

Glitching, being banned, and then posting about it on [H] Forums= Lame^10

OP was not in the wrong, IMO-the hate is unjustified. Most gamers in that situation would have been curious as well. I've never glitched out of the map in bf3, so you can bet I'd be up there exploring just like the OP. After all, how often do you run into situations where you get teleported out of the map? It was a rare chance to scope out how the level designers built the map. OP, if your squad mate did indeed rat you out for something so completely trivial (that you never tried to exploit by getting unfair kills), then that individual is a complete douchebag IMO.

So I'm walking around trying to figure out how to exploit it... a natural response IMHO. I happen to be sniper, so I plant a radio beacon to see if I can suicide and spawn inside the map instead of on top.

I don't agree with that, really. My first response would be to submit a bug report to the development team, and try to get the glitch fixed. When I see a glitch or a bug like that, I try to get it fixed so people can't exploit it.
I see a squadmate spawn in.... he's just standing there. OK... he doesn't dig what i'm trying to do... so he shoots my beacon and suicides.

So my fun's over. I suicide and start playing normal. A few minutes later, I get kicked and banned.

No one asked me anything... no warning...nothing. Now I know that little weasel in my squad must have been Frapsin' me while he was standing there to prove it.

Other team rat me out? Ok ok. My own squadmate? Give me the benefit of the doubt? I did no damage... did nothing to get an advantage, but he cheesed me.

That honestly does kind of suck, and I do think that a permanent ban with no discussion is a little over the top for what you did. Now, I can see where they're coming from. Had your friend not shot your beacon, they have every reason to believe you would have proceeded to misuse the glitch to gain an advantage, and obviously they don't want that on their servers.

But I do think that they should have had a dialogue with you about it, explaining that you were doing something wrong, and maybe giving you a chance to explain things, confronting you with the situation. Even afterwards by e-mail, perhaps. I also do think that, assuming you hadn't broken any rules up to that point, you should have gotten another chance and a stern warning.

I think a one-strike policy is rather harsh. I think everyone deserves a couple of chances, sometimes it's an honest mistake... like the first time you spawned in. There are even people out there who would see that and think it was a legitimate feature rather than a bug. That's why dialogue is important. You talk to the person, see if they lie, try to figure out their intentions.

Now, if you've broken the rules before and this was a second or third-strike, then I would have to say it's justified... but if not, then I find it a bit impulsive and think it may have been too harsh.

Here you state that you were trying to figure out how to exploit a glitch, and even planned on trying to see if you could get back into the glitched spot.

Here you say you had no intention to cheat, yet in your first post as talked about above, you were looking for a way to exploit the glitch.

It looks like you got banned for a good reason and now just want to cry about getting caught.

Let me tell you something. I had to buy 8 BF2 keys from all the servers I've been banned from... just so I could get on and kill noobs again. Getting banned means nothing to me. I've been kicked for all manner of things... most times for just being too good and killing admins.

Getting ratted out for NOTHING burns my nuts.

Let me tell you something. I had to buy 8 BF2 keys from all the servers I've been banned from... just so I could get on and kill noobs again. Getting banned means nothing to me. I've been kicked for all manner of things... most times for just being too good and killing admins.

Bragging much? I played BF2 and 2132 from day one, never got banned. I won't say I was awesome, but my squad and I could flatten a scoreboard pretty efficiently, to the point wherein we would be left in the server alone because the other players have quit, I've never been so much as been kicked. but still, if you have been banned MULTIPLE times, across several game generations, there is obviously something about your actions or playstyle that causes this, and it's not skill.

Considering you admitted to looking for a way to exploit the glitch you experienced in BF3, I get the feeling you weren't banned in BF2 for being too good.

Let me tell you something. I had to buy 8 BF2 keys from all the servers I've been banned from...

That's more unethical than cheating, in my opinion. Trying to get back onto a server you've been explicitly told you're not allowed on. Borderline hacking.

just so I could get on and kill noobs again.

That's really not a good attitude to have towards your fellow players, and I wouldn't allow it on my server even if you were obeying the rules otherwise. You're depriving of them of the right to enjoy the game, based on a belief that you are superior to them in skill and experience, which I think is rather a callous and unfair way of acting.

Getting banned means nothing to me. I've been kicked for all manner of things... most times for just being too good and killing admins.

What I'm hearing is... you have a record of misconduct, you have don't really respect or adhere to the rules, and on top of all that, you're unwilling to make concessions to authority figures in hopes of being treated favorably. I actually can't see any logical reason why you would be allowed to play anywhere, to be honest. You do a lot of things that come across badly, and do nothing to redeem yourself.

You should really think about why you keep getting banned, and why it doesn't matter to you. It sounds like you might have some sort of issues or something in your childhood. Have you considered talking to a counselor/therapist or someone?

I can imagine it's pretty upsetting to get banned even though you stopped yourself before really doing anything seriously wrong, and don't get rewarded the one time you try to do the right thing, when you're so used to doing the wrong thing. I'm really sorry that that happened to you. It probably makes you feel like there's no justice in the world, so you might as well go around doing as you please. I mean, if I felt that way... maybe I'd be like that too.

But the problem is, based on your past record, and based on how you were likely behaving before you were stopped, it seemed likely that you intended to do something unethical by exploiting a glitch in the game engine to gain an advantage over other players. No one had anyway of knowing that perhaps you just wanted to play around without actually attacking anyone or exploiting the glitch in that way, if in fact that was your intent.

While I'm sympathetic to your situation, I think that you should try to look at it from the points of view of the people you're angry with, and understand why they reacted the way they did.

So you found a bug in the game, the guy who spawned in after you didn't know if you were a true exploiter or just a victim of a bug and reported it, got you banned.

I think it's time to move on to another server and just play the game. Shit happens, there's always tattletales ruining 'good fun', and life goes on

I read the post that had the "LOL" in it, second or third post on the first page. That's all. Also the thread title.

3/10.

I don't agree with that, really. My first response would be to submit a bug report to the development team, and try to get the glitch fixed. When I see a glitch or a bug like that, I try to get it fixed so people can't exploit it.

That is a nice thought, but you don't know DICE. This bug has been in the game at least 6 months. They are more concerned with doing community dogtag challenges because that's what we care about I guess.

It took a youtube video to get the knife bug fixed. A simple bug report ha ya right, goes into the trash bin to conserve space.

Bragging much? I played BF2 and 2132 from day one, never got banned. I won't say I was awesome, but my squad and I could flatten a scoreboard pretty efficiently, to the point wherein we would be left in the server alone because the other players have quit, I've never been so much as been kicked.

I used to camp bases with my buddies in 2142 and we would get kicked occasionally even on servers that specifically allowed base camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back