Your Top 3 VR Games you recommend?

LurkerLito

2[H]4U
To kick off this section how about a list of people's top 3 recommended VR games.
  1. Vanishing Realms
  2. Swordmaster VR
  3. The Lab (free)
Vanish Realms is really the first RPG game and it works great in VR. Let's you feel as if you really are there exploring, fighting and gaining weapons. picking up loot to be able to afford stuff or open doors.

Swordmaster I actually just bought but I really loved the sword fighting in Vanishing Realms, so Swordmaster is just something I had to get after seeing the video of the gameplay. It is a lot of fun and a good workout. It's an arena kind of fighting with multiple enemies but it really shows off a fun side of VR. Be precise in your strikes at the weak or unarmored parts or the armored guys just don't get damaged.

The Lab is a free demo game, but it has a lot of fun little mini-games you can experience that really shows off VR. Longbow (archery), XorTex (shoot em up), and Slingshot (think angry birds in VR).

I really like what I saw of Space Pirate and Trickster as reviewed by [H]ardOCP.

That said, I am interested in trying out Brookhaven when my friend gets his VR setup going next month.

For new players I would probably go something like:

1) the Blu
2) The Lab
3) Job Simulator

As far as my favorites, probably:

1) H3VR (Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades)
2) Out of Ammo
3) Vanishing Realms

Raw Data is awesome but 1) the robots freak me the fuck out and 2) the performance is still pretty lacking IMO.

I am a PSVR owner. I really like: To The Top, Sprint Vector, and Moss. If I only have to pick 3 I guess those would be it.

Im still new and I've only done one real VR game, but here's my list:

1) Robo Recall
2) iRacing (Not really a dedicated VR game, but its sooooo much better in VR)
3) ????

My top 3 have changed since my initial post. So now:
1) Beat Saber
2) H3VR
3) In Death (an archery game with pseudo random levels. Has a very Dark Souls-ish vibe)

The kids love

Beatsaber
Fruitninja
Recroom

I only really play beatsaber. I love that game and don’t have much time for anything else. Plus it might qualify as cardio heh.

Top 3 that I liked:

Arizona Sunshine
Dead Effect 2 VR
Bullets and More

Close 2nd tier:

Gorn
Trickster VR
Thrill of the Fight
Drunken Barfight

Superhot VR
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rickality
Mass Exodus (asynchronous, VR player plays against keyboard player on same machine)

1.H3VR
2.Beat Saber
3. ... Those are the only 2 I have; there was a D-Day wave survival sim that I liked the prospect of, but can't remember the name.

1. DCS

2. Project Cars 2

3. One of the first person shooters, hard to recommend just one since there's a bunch of good ones

To kick off this section how about a list of people's top 3 recommended VR games.
  1. Vanishing Realms <-------------
  2. Swordmaster VR
  3. The Lab (free)
Vanish Realms is really the first RPG game and it works great in VR. Let's you feel as if you really are there exploring, fighting and gaining weapons. picking up loot to be able to afford stuff or open doors.

I gotta say, Vanishing Realms is still the title that had the greatest impact on me. The first room you start out in--that feeling of presence, really being there. The first corridor and kneeling down to read things or pick things up, the first encounter with a murderous Orc and my pulse was actually racing. The game definitely gave a sense of what is and would be possible as VR continued to improve. Like being in a dream, except being aware of it and in total control.

You immediately wish you had an empty warehouse sized play space, and FROM software given a healthy budget to do a Dark Souls VR.

Last edited:
1) Skyrim (moded)
2) Skyrim (moded)
3) Skyrim (moded)

Never played Skyrim prior to VR version, and I never thought I would ever get to experience that childhood wonder and excitement in a game - ever again. Skyrim VR even exceeded any experiences I had as a kid / teen. No other VR game could possibly keep me engrossed for 8 hours in VR straight. To me, and I understand this is all subjective, but to me - every other VR experience pales in comparison.

Care to detail some of the best mods for Skyrim VR? I purchased it about a year ago to play on my Oculus Rift CV1. The resolution was horrible. I just picked up an Oculus Rift S and installed Skyrim again. It does look a little better, but nothing great. I'm used to playing it on my 4K screen, where the details are crazy good.

the mod you're looking for is the one for fiber-linking/muxing 4 quad-SLI PCs and vertically mounting two pimax 8kx (one per eye)

Care to detail some of the best mods for Skyrim VR? I purchased it about a year ago to play on my Oculus Rift CV1. The resolution was horrible. I just picked up an Oculus Rift S and installed Skyrim again. It does look a little better, but nothing great. I'm used to playing it on my 4K screen, where the details are crazy good.

This is a great resource for VR modding:

https://aerowynx.wixsite.com/skyrimvr

1.) Beat Saber
2.) Blade and Sorcery
3.) Skyrim VR

I'd give The Climb an honorable mention also, if you've got a Rift or are willing to use Revive.

Back