Your thoughts on this purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAxVIPER

Limp Gawd
So last week I purchased a motherboard from a user here that didn't have any heat feedback. Everyone has to start somewhere so I figured I might as well bite the bullet because it was a good deal and finding 775 motherboards that are good for LN2 is hard. Anyways I paid on Wednesday and was told it would be shipped next day. The user sent me a PM Thursday saying he was going to tear down the rig that day. Got another PM the next day saying he was headed to the post office to ship it. That night I asked for tracking with no reply until Tuesday. I was now told that he was just sending it off Tuesday and it would take a week or so to get from CO to CA via USPS which is extremely long time. I asked for tracking and it still hasn't been provided.

Anyone have input on this situation?

Honestly if he can't show you tracking then open up a paypal claim. Even thought you don't have to follow through, it is good to get the ball rolling. As it seems he might possibly be stalling for some reason. Yes we all have to start when selling. But you need to protect yourself now. Good luck on the outcome.

Last edited:
You can ship a USPS package without tracking (It's slightly cheaper), he probably went the cheapest route. You have plenty of time to open a claim so no worries. Give it a week, you are probably going to receive it. If not yeah a claim would be the best choice.

You can ship a USPS package without tracking (It's slightly cheaper), he probably went the cheapest route. You have plenty of time to open a claim so no worries. Give it a week, you are probably going to receive it. If not yeah a claim would be the best choice.

It isn't so much the tracking as the fact that I've been lied to. How can I trust someone who can't even be honest about when it was shipped?

It isn't so much the tracking as the fact that I've been lied to. How can I trust someone who can't even be honest about when it was shipped?

Oh I am not defending his actions by any means. Its just you have 45 days to file a claim. If he doesn't deliver in a week then you know it was bs. PayPal isn't going to give you anything for over a month if you file a claim now (he can drag it out, trust me I have dealt with my fair share of bad sellers). Mine as well give it a week just to give him a last chance. Be sure to save all the communications for the claim too. If you do file one be sure to only communicate in the PayPal resolution messaging.

Since I can't even get a response on here I went ahead and opened a case. I'm not going to escalate it until next Tuesday.

Thanks for the advice

AFAIK... USPS tracking is now free.

usps tracking is 90 cent if you ship with first class right? it's only free when you do priority

usps tracking is 90 cent if you ship with first class right? it's only free when you do priority

well I used pp to ship a first class package that had delivery confirmation and it didn't cost a cent. u may need to recheck that info.

Oh ic I don't use PayPal to ship I guess . I take my package to the post office and pay it there

If he parcel posted it, it will not have free tracking. It will also take several days to get to its destination. In this case it just sounds like someone who has very little experience selling online, so if it arrives in good shape I would mention these things.

Well opening a case finally got him to reply. Told me he has tracking but can't provide it right away :|

Guess I will see how it turns out

That's understandable, providing a tracking number is a difficult and challenging process.

Hope you get your money back.

USPS tracking is now free and will be listed on the receipt. Even for parcel post IIRC, ill have to check with Vino on that.

The guy is a scammer.

"Shame on me then for making sure its done properly. You dont know my schedule or whqt iv had to put up with this week but this is your last chance to send me some money I looked at paypal and im negative you can have the item for 80 dollars or I'll just sell it today to a friend locally let me know what youre trying to do."

And just so no one else gets stuck buy from him his username is cyberjihad

I purchased a P5B-Deluxe from him

The guy is a scammer.

"Shame on me then for making sure its done properly. You dont know my schedule or whqt iv had to put up with this week but this is your last chance to send me some money I looked at paypal and im negative you can have the item for 80 dollars or I'll just sell it today to a friend locally let me know what youre trying to do."

And just so no one else gets stuck buy from him his username is cyberjihad

I purchased a P5B-Deluxe from him

Yeah from the sounds of it he probably had no intentions of shipping it any time soon. He's right about the paypal negative balance part too, when you open a claim paypal yanks the money out of the account as a "temporary" holding. The last few folks I did this with threw a fit about that too. Depending on how he responds to PayPal will depend on how long you get your money back, but prepare to wait (at a maximum ) about a month. Again make sure to keep all responses to him in the paypal resolution messaging. Good luck and keep us updated please.

Last edited:
Yeah from the sounds of it he probably had no intentions of shipping it any time soon. He's right about the paypal negative balance part too, when you open a claim paypal yanks the money out of the account as a "temporary" holding. The last few folks I did this with threw a fit about that too. Depending on how he responds to PayPal will depend on how long you get your money back, but prepare to wait (at a maximum ) about a month. Again make sure to keep all communication in the paypal resolution messaging. Good luck and keep us updated please.
I know but he said he has shipped it twice now. Now he we wants another $80 for it. I'm in no rush for the money anyways so it doesn't bother me.

Looks like he has zero heatware feedback also. Might want to leave some there for him. As this will be the best way to warn people on the issue.

cyberjihad's heatware

Yea I saw that also. But I figured we all started some where.

this is your last chance to send me some money I looked at paypal and im negative you can have the item for 80 dollars or I'll just sell it today to a friend locally let me know what youre trying to do."

so he admittedly has not shipped the board yet, and wants you to send another $80.00????

Yeah, this guy is no good at trading ...

I noticed that you didn't leave heat ware feedback. Make sure you do to save the headache from this guys next victim.... Errr.. Customer.

Thread started on the 8th and still no feedback on heatware after all this. Honestly not sure what the op is doing at this point and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back