Your thoughts on these motherboards?

MrEUser

Gawd
I've been away from computing for a long time. So I am getting back into some simple things. I bought a lot of parts today, older stuff, from video cards and RAM, to a few motherboards, and even some CPUs. I know, this stuff isn't new, and I can certainly look up specs and see what is what from that. But honestly, the last time I built a PC was with an Athlon, and I haven't kept up with much, and I want to know the intangibles, looking for some opinions.

ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - Is this worth building a budget gaming PC around?

ASRock H97M Pro4 - Is this worth building anything around? I have an i5 4590, would it be worth pairing it into this board to make a budget gaming PC?

Gigabyte GA-b85M-D3H - Would my i5 be better in here?

IPM17-DD2. - I believe this board is an OEM HP board. Also, it's got an i5 7400 on it.

Also, all the stuff I bought today was untested, and although I would love the board with the i5 7400 to be working, it's probably not. I can't even test it, I don't have DDR4 RAM.

So give me some ideas. I have to get some thermal paste to even begin testing anything. Is Arctic Silver still around??

So give me some ideas. I have to get some thermal paste to even begin testing anything. Is Arctic Silver still around??

Yes it is.

That being said, I switched to Noctua NT-H1 a long time ago and never looked back.
NT-H1 has no cure time, so the temp you see is what you got, plus it spreads (to me) easier and more uniformly.
Cost is minimal.

Hard OCP used it on nearly all their heat sink reviews.

Yes it is.

That being said, I switched to Noctua NT-H1 a long time ago and never looked back.
NT-H1 has no cure time, so the temp you see is what you got, plus it spreads (to me) easier and more uniformly.
Cost is minimal.

Hard OCP used it on nearly all their heat sink reviews.
Thank you. Do you have a suggestion on where I should order it from? I have all the parts I need at this time to get something up and running. I mean, GPU-wise I am behind, but I might try to pick up one on FrgMaster's ebay auctions.

If you have a stock intel heatsink lying around, just use that.

amazon has nh-t1s available, and comes with all noctua heatsink/fan combos.

If you have a stock intel heatsink lying around, just use that.

amazon has nh-t1s available, and comes with all noctua heatsink/fan combos.
Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered it on Amazon.

Reactions: mda
like this
Back