Your Thoughts on 3DMark threats to HardOCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it wasn't because they offer a free version who the [H]ell would care about there benchmark in the first place

Casual Lurker said:
"Now take our advice. You are barking up the wrong tree little doggy."

It's things like this that keep Kyle's lawyers employed. His entire response was well written up until this line. I don't believe you're looking for a swift resolution to this matter Kyle with a response like that.

Why would he? This shit is priceless, and can't do him any harm They gonna sue him for calling them a doggy?

What an idiot. Forget being angry, you would have to either be drunk or high beyond recognition, or a complete moron to do something like that. Honestly... talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I'd bet he sure does not have much of a business background much less a degree. Cant wait to see his sniveling apology.
*Now to post links to this all over the web...

Captboom said:
You talk about freedom of speach and the constitution and yet you play the whole censorship game. Your a Hypocrite!!!!

No, you are just making the classic stupid forum bitch complaint. Every thwarted 12-year-old (or mental equivalent) tries to pull this bullshit on an internet forum at some point.

This forum is private property. The computers it runs on are private property. You don't have any right to do jack shit on it. You have no right to be here at all, let alone to say anything you want. It is like coming over to somebody's house; it is their property, and their rules, and if you don't like it they can kick your dumb ass out and you can't do anything about it.

That's not a matter of rights, except maybe the owner's property rights. You can still go make your own web site and be a dumb bitch over there all you want, and nobody can do anything about it. Hence your free speech is just jim dandy. It is just that the owners of the forum have no obligation to listen to your bullshit, either.

overclock said:
I hate poor grammar. Go take a simple english class. It is not
Your a Hypocrite!

but

You're a hypocrite!

Your shows possiveness. You're is a contraction for you are.

Anyways, shouldn't that be [H]ypocrite?

Did you mean possessiveness? :p SORRY I couldn't resist. I personally treat forums/e-mails like I'm speaking, and even the smartest of people aren't grammatically correct when they speak in many cases. So please don't waste your time correcting me if you see me post some mistakes. I think its more important to be heard... Anyway, back to topic. I think his final sentence summed it all up quite nicely. To have it any other way would make Kyle more fake politician then simply telling the straight truth. And for the guys that say "quit kissing up to Kyle and jumping on the hate 3dmark bandwagon..." Do you have some kind of KyleMark bandwagon benchmarking software or something? How the hell do you know what we think and at what point in time? Holy DAMN I got 34,543 KyleMarks!!!

Yours Truly,
STFU

peace...

I wonder if we'll ever see a pic of Kyle shaking hand w/ Tero on the front page of both hardocp.com and futuremark.com.

Kyle's opinion of Futuremark's product is, and should be, a protected right. Perhaps he should change "sucks" to a "a reMarkabley poor benchmark of testing 3D performance for actual games"

Of the 2, I would say that the second is much more damaging and is much clearer. I am not a fan of single words for describing things. I think that coloquialisms (sp?) and profanity pale in comparison to a well thought out statement in terms of impact.

I perfer reviews of products that are frank and strait forward about a product. I dont like dancing around the issues. [H]ardOCP does a pretty good job of being fair. Futuremark does not make games, they make benchmarks. When they start making games then their benchmark will be able to provide a fair and accurate ranking for your system for that game. At this point, considering the disparity in performance from one system to the next in one game to the next, FM is not really able to provide a service that is really that useful to gamers. It is their own business model that is at fault. I think that it is the mark of a desperate businessman to start waving the lawsuit flag around when people begin to point out the flaws in the business.

Edit: I was saying 3DMark instead of Futurmark - corrected

Great job Kyle/Steve.

You guys stand up for your website and i praise you guys for that, thats why we love to visit your site. Your opinions matter, you are for the community and thats what it should be about. You are not biased in any way, paid off to rate reviews higher then other that will eventually hurt, in the long run, the customer. Stick your ground with this one, tell future mark to flip off, and get on with it! 3dmark is a great program, but as you said, it sucks when finding out how well it will run future games.

well i have to say, that i am really behind bannit on this one as well as the phantom shens. :rolleyes:

as a UK'member i am really getting sick of the "sue culture" in the US (and which seems to be spreading to the UK) anytime express an opinion.

defend youself hocp! :)

Omg, I can't believe the ignorance displayed on part of futuremark.
How Ghey they are.
I wont ever download a thing from them again. Never did like that "benchmarki8ng" program.

FrozenFood said:
well i have to say, that i am really behind bannit on this one as well as the phantom shens. :rolleyes:

as a UK'member i am really getting sick of the "sue culture" in the US (and which seems to be spreading to the UK) anytime express an opinion.

And one of these trial lawyers is running for VP. ffs. :rolleyes:

FrozenFood said:

As much as I love america, its always been this way and always will.
I think FM got butt hurt so they attacked a giant using sticks and stones, but as we all know the giant eats them in the end. :D

WoW :eek:

That guy is a Sales and Marketing Exec?

I agree 100% Kyle, and that is one on the main reasons I have only played with one version on 3DMark, I see no point in it, as far as a gaming benchmark goes.
I am an avid gamer, who buys $100's of software and $1000 of hardware a year. This is now one product that I will not think twice about unistalling from all my machines.

I must say I [H]ate it when lawyers get involved :mad:

Good luck and God speed

I doubt this even gets read in the morass of posts today mocking the idiots at Futuremark, but I have to question what the fuck is up with these laughable lawsuit threats lately? Did Infinium Labs actually think they could win an injuncture to shut someone up who was giving an opinion about their product? Does Futuremark now think they can sue HardOCP for offering editorial comments on their product? What's next, Derek Smart trying to sue a games website for giving his classes in micromanagement and tedium (some call them "games") a bad review? Oh, wait, he already did that.

What an age we live in. :rolleyes:

chrisf6969 said:
Off topic: but I hate that crap too.

I wish more people knew the difference between some simple words like: too, to, two; you're, your; there, they're, their; knew, new, etc.

Or in this case, the difference between slander=spoken, libel=print
remember the "s" in slander, like the "s" in spoken.

I'm a n00b, so I don't mean to start off on the wrong foot here, or insult anyone gathered here in this community for that matter.
BUT, let's stop and think about the reason(s) why the person made or not made that grammar mistake, on purpose or not...

i)he could be from another country and hence his English is not up to par, YET?
ii)a "boo-boo" was made because of typing too fast?

On the other hand, it's helpful when somebody points out your/our mistakes. At first, a correction of such may hurt the ego/self esteem of the person but in the long run it is definitely a beneficial asset...blah blah blah, etc.

For all we know, I may have made grammatical mistakes, in what will be now my 2nd thread post. That is why I got you folks here to set this Polska brother straight, in terms of getting the "proper" English lingo down to a tee. ;)

JM2¢

I use benchmarks to verify my system is running properly after a new build. Then I uninstall them. They serve a purpose for me.

Hardware websites also serve a purpose to provide information on cutting edge products. The product reviews and forums are why I am here.

There should however be a limit on sharing e-mails on issues of this nature. The people involved should try to resolve there problems with out making a forum tread out of the matter.

I long for the days back when the front page and this forum were about overclocking and computer hardware...and not pissing matches with other companies/websites.

As much as I see Futuremark's side of this, I think it was kinda counter productive to send such direct accusation like that. There was no professionalism in those emails since they were more out of rage than anything else.

Note to companies who dislike the opinions of sites like this: firing off threats to an popular website will not have any positive benefits for company, especially when those threats are posted on the site for all to see. If you have a problem with someone's opinion, you can do a few things: ask why they feel that way about the company/product in a civil manner, and either live with it or make what isn't good better. You can't please everyone. Period. Dot.

Futuremark, I'm sure you would have gotten (much better) feedback that way.

kamikazichaser said:
Why would he? This shit is priceless, and can't do him any harm They gonna sue him for calling them a doggy?

No, but it means Kyle's trying to provoke him. It shows he's more interested in drawing out the conflict than he is in "advising" futuremark to back down.

After reading that message he sent (the guy from futuremark sent that is) i am uninstalling all futuremark products. these guys seem to be like the federalist in early america and cannot take critisism. i will be the next to say that futuremark sucks (for just the way they act), im using UT2004 to bench my applications from now on. My best wishes to you kyle and the rest of the hardOCP staff, companies that use lawyers to force people into thinking their products have no faults instead of improving them, most certainly earn the label of sucking.

Futuremark is gonna get...

owned-stallone.gif

Casual Lurker said:
No, but it means Kyle's trying to provoke him. It shows he's more interested in drawing out the conflict than he is in "advising" futuremark to back down.

Now he's showing them how fuckin stupid this whole thing is, by poking fun at it.

When did everyone lose their sense of humor??? I'm glad I wasn't in line for that one.

Futremark is run by a bunch of ass-munchers, can i say that or are they gonna take me to court, i have never put any stock in them from the start and this just proves how much of a toolrods they really are taking the stance that IF YOU DONT LIKE US WE ARE GONNA SUE YOU! LOL, FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU UNGRATEFUL PRICKS!!

Captboom said:
Why the heck are you censoring my posts.

Just because you don't like them??

I thought this was supposed to an open forum for people??

You talk about freedom of speach and the constitution and yet you play the whole censorship game. Your a Hypocrite!!!!

your posts were removed because you called someone a dipshit. if you keep up the namecalling and personal attacks you'll be banned

Here's my contribution to Tero's inbox. I kinda hope he reads it, but I doubt he will.

"Hello,
After reading the email you had sent to HardOCP, I have decided to uninstall 3dmark from my computer and to no longer support futurmark in any of their current or future releases.

Attacking a persons freedom of speech goes against my very beliefs. While you may not appreciate what is being said, you have no right to suppress it.

May the reaction of your actions be with you forever and provide you with better guidance in future decisions.

Respectfully,"

Casual Lurker said:
I don't see it they way that you do, although I myself woudn't have said anything like this or have chooses something diffeent I think I know what was trying to be done.

When you are challenged or threatened the first thing you don't do is give in.

Example:

A person in your neighborhood comes to you and says: "You hit my car, I'm going to sue!"
If you are innocent you do not reply: "Gosh I'm sorry, just give me a chance to pay for reparis"
You'ed probably say something like: "Did you see me hit your car? What proof do you have?"

In that same way I tink he was basically responding as if to say: If you think you can sue us into silence, into making false statments or not makeing correct ones, then you have assumed incorrectly.

Grinder66 said:
Now he's showing them how fuckin stupid this whole thing is, by poking fun at it.

When did everyone lose their sense of humor??? I'm glad I wasn't in line for that one.

That would imply that the representative for a company throwing around the word lawsuit has a sense of humor to begin with. Whether or not you found it funny is not the point, it wasn't directed at you. I'm fairly certain Kyle knew that wouldn't be perceived as a comical jab by Tero.

Thought about intalling the free version and possibly buying it if it was good. Now that I've read the article from futuremark I'm not even going to try the free version. Take that futuremark and the rest of the people that threaten to or do sue [H]ardOcp or anyone else for stupid reasons.

I seriously doubt a bunch of well-dressed Fins are going to make that much of an impact on Kyle. Although, he has already shelled out $150K to prove that Infinium Labs is a crock of shit. And they probably could've done that on their own dime given enough time.

Speaking of Fins at FutureMark -- before you call these dudes, at least know how to pronounce their names:

Risto Vehviläinen
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: +358-9-4355 0491
Fax: +358-9-4355 0445

Tero Sarkkinen
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Tel: +1-408-517-0131
Fax: +1-408-517-9119

Patric Ojala
Senior Manager, Benchmark Development
Tel: +358-9-43550476

Jani Joki
Senior Manager, Web Technology & IT Production
Tel: +358-9-43550440

Sanna Yliruka
Controller
Tel: +358-9-43550441

IronChefMorimoto

Grinder66 said:

we call that sattire(sp?) :) (not poking fun at you just saying)

is it me or are 2 potentially failing companies getting angry at [H] because they dont say good things about their products? they are being cranky bitches about it

go [H] you guys are a real enthusiast computer site!

also, when you show both these companies whats up, your E-penis will grow :p

Well I've paid for 3DMark 2001, PCMark 2002, 3DMark 2004, PCMark 2004 and I was going to pay for 3DMark 2005. However, now they won't be getting anymore money from me. I refuse to help pay for their legal fees.

Tero needs to sign up on the forums and say he is sorry for being a fucking idiot

bigstusexy said:
I don't see it they way that you do, although I myself woudn't have said anything like this or have chooses something diffeent I think I know what was trying to be done.

When you are challenged or threatened the first thing you don't do is give in.

Example:

A person in your neighborhood comes to you and says: "You hit my car, I'm going to sue!"
If you are innocent you do reply: "Gosh I'm sorry, just give me a chance to pay for reparis"
You'ed probably say something like: "Did you see me hit your car? What proof do you have?"

In that same way I tink he was basically responding as if to say: If you think you can sue us into silence, into making false statments or not makeing correct ones, then you have assumed incorrectly.

Kyle certainly has the right to defend himself, we agree on that. But that line was degrading, plain and simple, and it was done in a very public manner. Tero was naive for firing off those threats, and Kyle made a good point of illustrating that it was naive, but by tying it all together with an insult, he's just asking for Futuremark to defend ITSELF with a lawsuit. How many lawsuits are sparked purely off emotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back