Your Skyrim rules?

IsaacMM

Gawd
So, what sort of gameplay and moral rules have you established in Skyrim? I have some myself but I would like to hear from others.

Things attack me so I hit them with big bits of metal. And the things that don't attack me tell me to go and do stuff which I go and do, which usually involves hitting things with big bits of metal. That's basically all Skyrim breaks down to, in terms of morality.

If there is a way to grind up skill within game that just takes long time and is tedius, I will just console it to 100 and skip that step as a waste of time. ;)

I play as a Witcher

I am trying to keep myself neutral from the Stormcloak/Imperial war. I do most quest that have to do with Monster slaying and the Paranormal. I try to stay out of most political quests.

Magic : Flames, Fire Rune, Stoneflesh, Lightning Cloak

Shouts : Dismay, Unrelenting Voice, Flame Breathe and Marked for Death

Skills : Two Handed, Enchanting, Alteration, Speech and Smithing

I wear Leather Armor:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4031&navtag=file/images.php?id=4031&tab=3

well I try and approach the game from the mindset of my character. I play as an arragonian, so that kind of removes me from all sides and lets me make a non-biased decision on quests and sides. No console cheats! That's cheating ;) and ruins the game for me. My first play throughs in games I try and be a "good guy" I base my moral choices on what I myself would do. Second play throughs I just do what ever. That being said, I'm not adverse to stealing if it's something that I need and it's not from a faction I'm currently friends with. I haven't decided whether I will go Stormcloak or Imperial. I'm leaning towards imperial as the stormcloaks seem to be a bit exenophobic and me being an arrogonian makes it awkward :D

I tried to be good.

So I helped the Empire take control.

But then I asked myself why. It is a game after all.

So I am going to kill the Emperor.

Now I have assassinated several people that didn't necessarily deserve it. They were just in the right place at the wrong time. I feel nothing.

But my female elf looks hot in her Nightingale armor. ;)

Last edited:
For the sake of game play, I turn down no quests. I'll leave morality for reality ;)

You what's wrong with Skyrim these days? Everyone is obsessed with morals!

Minor spoiler: if you're going for all the achievements, make sure you throw any morals out the window when doing quests involving Daedric artifacts. You can "miss" certain artifacts making it impossible to get the Oblivion Walker achievement.

I was a "good" character :( Next time I'll be evil, I guess.

I dislike the way they implemented morality in the game. in oblivion it seemed more like you killed people that deserved it, but maybe I am wrong about that. In mass effect you can play a good or evil character, but the character is lawful evil and the choices justified. I was hoping for that, but skyrim appears to be more random.

With all my future chars I made the rule that I'd only every get smithing to 60 to enhance magical stuff, wouldn't craft gear with it, and I'm not touching enchanting because it makes it feel too easy. That way, questing for gear and getting good drops really matters. On my first char, it didnt matter once I got past lvl 15 or so.

I've played pretty fairly, I just started the winterhold college questline and im level 17 or 18. Haven't cheated yet. Except for Destruction magic mod, but that's not even supposed to come into effect until after 20.

Play as good character until someone gives me reason to be bad. Usually because they own a unique item.

Things attack me so I hit them with big bits of metal. And the things that don't attack me tell me to go and do stuff which I go and do, which usually involves hitting things with big bits of metal. That's basically all Skyrim breaks down to, in terms of morality.

Yes, but what kind of metal? I hope you aren't using blood diamonds in your jewelry, that would be immoral.

hahahhaa, I remember doing Fallout 3 like that, that was really fun.

this is was always the last thing I did after completing the main game and anything else I wanted to complete.

I would just go on a murderous rampage across the map.

I like to see how many solitude gaurd throats I can slit before being caught, then killing whoever caught me ;-)

Back