Your scariest moment of gaming?

This is when I was younger (12 years old in 1988) and playing Ultima V: Warrior of Destiny and when down the whirlpool to the underworld. Had to navigate by following the journal in the printed manual Not so much a quick, jabbing, jumping scary moment, but a very long and drawn out intensity.

Man I love the Ultima Games. Fuck you EA for ruining Origin and the Ultima franchise and for pushing out the door one of the most visionary, creative, and genius computer game creators to walk the face of the Earth. Richard Garriott, I will always be a life-long fan.

Richard Garriot was almost fully responsible for the decline in quality of his own games. Pagan was fully his doing, and it blew. Even 7 had its share of issues.

Played RE1 in the dark for the 'full effect", and jumped good when the zombies smash the hall window trying to grab you. The dogs were a close second.

There were a few Silent Hill 1 spots too that creeped me out. I think right at the beginning you wander into a room with just a flashlight and realize your not alone - ur surrounded.

Richard Garriot was almost fully responsible for the decline in quality of his own games. Pagan was fully his doing, and it blew. Even 7 had its share of issues.

OK, 1 out of 10 Ultima games (I count Akalabeth as one of them but not any of the mmorpgs as I don't game online)...I will give him a mulligan on U8. Ultima IX was pretty awesome, but too bad was rushed out the door by EA and riddled with bugs.

OK, 1 out of 10 Ultima games (I count Akalabeth as one of them but not any of the mmorpgs as I don't game online)...I will give him a mulligan on U8. Ultima IX was pretty awesome, but too bad was rushed out the door by EA and riddled with bugs.

Nine was one of the worst "modern" games I've played. The Avatar knew absolutely nothing about Britannia, even their core religion or basic shit like the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom. He didn't even know what a Gargoyle was.

I will agree that the first six or seven Ultima games, and the Underworld games, were actually rather good.

My problem is that Lord British is possibly a lunatic. Every interview or anything I've read about him in the last 10 years has been sorta scary. Sure, lots of people with true genius can be batshit insane, but something just rubbed me the wrong way about his rants.

Like someone else has undoubtedly said, Ravenholme in HL2 still gives me the willies. Not much since then though.

It was one of the Resident Evil's. On PS or PS2 I don't remember which.

Basically it was early in the game. You're walking down a small corridor and
then bam, big tongue lashing monster thing on the ceiling and dogs on the floor.

Take that experience. Pump it through 5.1 channels, turn the lights out and drive
that with 1000W of amplifier.

The liquid shit stain I left on the floor is probably still there to this day.

Back