Your Personal Top 5 Ranking of Best MMOs You've Played

sugosugita

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so the criteria encompass everything, including gameplay, fun factor, game mechanics and design, style, replayability (or length of time until you give it up), and that hard-to-quantify romantic infatuation that some of the earlier MMOs had (to give them a chance to rank).

For me:

#1) Original EverQuest (my first mmo, simply good memories)
#2) Federation (from the text-based mmo days on AOL)
#3) Wow (still entertaining if your in a good guild and have RL friends to play with)
#4) Guild Wars (overall game design & pvp arenas)
#5) Shadowbane (insanely awesome pvp)

1.) Ultima Online
2.) WoW
thats it...

I was super hyped for Shadowbane... like more than anyone else ever (I even have a shirt for it still)... too bad it turned out crap.

Gave up MMO's like 4+ years ago but..

1. World of Warcraft
2. City of Heroes
3. Age of Conan

Honorable mention : Guild Wars

I was super hyped for Shadowbane... like more than anyone else ever (I even have a shirt for it still)... too bad it turned out crap.

It didn't last long at all...but I had some fun times running around slicing people with friends.

1.Guild Wars

Only one I will ever play too. Don't like the pay to play crap!

1. EverQuest
2. Anarchy Online

That's it for me. I'm interested in The Old Republic and TERA.

1. Star Wars Galaxies (before it was ruined)
2. Anarchy Online
3. Age of Conan

Don't have any more, :\.

Anarchy Online
WAR/WoW
Fallen Earth

Nothing has fulfilled that itch that Anarchy Online gave me (sounds like a bad date). Fallen earth had a similar points distribution system but it felt like a B game and didnt have a large enough population.

EQ 1 pre gates of discord and pre velious for the true players :p

the rest are just kiddy casual games :p

EQ1
EQ1
Pre-nerf SWG
EQ1
LotRO

54-72 man raids in EQ1 could be quite difficult to coordinate, but so rewarding, and honestly, a marvel of modern gaming.

EQ1
EQ1
Pre-nerf SWG
EQ1
LotRO

54-72 man raids in EQ1 could be quite difficult to coordinate, but so rewarding, and honestly, a marvel of modern gaming.

this and done without voice chat the old EQ general population was just so much better then any other game I have played.

I can't even name five...I have never found an MMO that interested me for more than 10 minutes before I was completely bored of the nothingness they offer as gameplay.

Anarchy Online x10
WoW

These are the only two I've actually been able to play for more than a few months.
But Anarchy Online is just pure win hopefully the new engine will bring many players back!

1. Everquest

Honorable Mention: Guild Wars (not really an MMO, and I went through it purely solo)

Dishonorable Discharge: Vanguard

I haven't played any others.

Pre-CU SWG
EQ2
AoC
WoW
Vanguard

Should say I didn't play MMOs until SWG was out, so I missed out on UO and EQ.

WoW: My first MMO played it from launch on for about 9 months. I was pretty impressed with the whole thing!
Age of Conan: Great fun for the Conan IP and the bloody combat. Very good looking game too.
Dark age of Camelot: Played this some after leaving WoW. It was okay, but had dated graphics and the game world was a ghost town after coming off WoW.

1.) Age of Conan
2.) Guild Wars

I hated every other MMO I've ever played.

Phantasy Star Online
Star Wars Galaxies(original not the current iteration)
Ragnarok Online
SilkRoad Online

keep in mind I dont think any of these games are currently good and frankly I havent seen a good mmo in 5 years.

1. WoW
2. WoW
3 WoW
4 WoW
5 Guild Wars

:(

Only MMO that actually kept my attention, that is until WolTK, now the game sucks so I quit

Last edited:
1. Ultima Online
2. Everquest (lots of fond memories, was the 2nd mmo I ever played, after UO). I still remember being a newbie and getting lost outside Qeynos when it got dark at night because I had no light source. Also remember the trains :D.
3. Warhammer
4. WoW (I played it before any of the expansions came out, it was fun but not great IMO). Most fun I had was rolling my Orc warrior on a newly openend pvp server and the mass battles that took place until the first couple of 24/7 accounts got their paladins etc. to 55+ and came to ruin the lvl 30-40 pvp.
5. EQ2. Was fun, but by the time me and my brother played it it had been out for a while, and it was basically impossible to get any kind of player to player interaction since the people who still played when Sentinel's Fate came out (when we bought it) all had their mains and the only chars that weren't super-high level all just got power-leveled by their guildmates etc.

1. Eve Online( quit to play WoW, might be going back to it)
2. Lineage 2 (loved the game, hated the grind)
3. WoW (quit a few months ago)
4. Planetside ( could not fully enjoy the game since I had a horrible 56k connection when it was in its peak)

Pre-CU SWG (Was on Gorath)
This game was so much fun and it was my first MMO!

WoW
I played for a few years... it's crack.

Back