Your opinions on BF2?

I've played lots of online games over the years, BF2 definitely has captured my time and attention much more than the others (well, Delta Force back a few years maybe a little more) much to my wife's chagrin... :D

Once its patch up fully it shoul.... LOL I couldn't even finish that.
It's patched up some, but still many problem.

But don't get me wrong, its an AWESOME GAME, you will lose your life to it!

if you have played bf1942 and liked it ... you will like bf2 ...

bf2 has a good demo ... gives you a good feel for the game ...

Rustedimpala said:
Its a ton of fun, I like to see some new maps though. And I want A 10 Warthogs!
Warthogs!!

Yes, custom maps would be awesome, and you gotta love the Warthog especially in this game...that'd be sweet...

I stopped playing BF2 because of the Idiots and the TKs. I don't like random deaths and minutes of running before the instant death. I haven't played since the previous version. It might be better now cause of the patch, but I'm sticking to CS:S for now.

its a great game....

if you plan on playing on that laptop. might not run so good.

only real problem with an A-10 is it would be considerably slower than other jets and would just be too easy of a target to kill.

Wildace said:
its a great game....

only real problem with an A-10 is it would be considerably slower than other jets and would just be too easy of a target to kill.

As long as the stingers remain as ineffective as they are now, I wouldn't worry about it that much.

i wasnt talking about stingers, any other jet including the bombers would shred an A-10 in a dog fight. only thing that could keep an A-10 alive in a dogfight would be a force field from ID4 the movie :p

ofcourse its main gun could completely destroy any of the other jets without much effort. but in order to hit a mig29 with it. the enemy pilot would have to be totally distracted and not know your there

I really need to get it, pics look good but no money
frown.gif

I dug it at first, but then just got tired of the rampant bugs. Too dominated by air, especially in competitive play. The jump-proning also wears me out; dont get me wrong, I can do it well enough to avoid even tank shells, but its so....stupid. Server browser is shit as well...then they put in a splash screen to stymie Xfire. Sigh

it's frustrating at times and EA is an evil piece of shiiit but wtf? it's the best multiplayer fps ever.

The aspect of global points gives it a similar addictive feel like in MMORPG where they level up their character...in BF2 you get promoted and are able to be commander over other less ranked players when applying.

Yes there are some strange problems from not being able to connect, to not being able to install...idle vehicles on a slight slope will slide (even tanks) but taken into account alot of the little details one can gander at (especially on high settings) its pretty damned impressive.

Wish I had more time to play it.

Best Multiplayer Shooter ever though!

If you started the thread because you are thinking about buying it, don't waste the brain cells, enlist today!

the last thing the US needs is another jet thats worst than the mig. what they need is an F-22. instead of the F/A-18. the A-10 wouldnt stay alive long enough to kill a tank if theres a good mig pilot :p

the only way the A-10 would be usefull ingame is if it was in a new map where the MEC or chinese had the russian counterpart. and there would be no super sonic fighters to fly circles around it.

as the current maps are there wouldnt be a way to balance an A-10 into them without it either being unstoppable or just flat out useless i dont think there would be sweet spot for it.

id like to be ableto fly an A-10 but id also like it to be some what usefull. cuz i know if i had a mig unless they magicly make the A-10 supersonic its just gonna be a turky shoot.

Wildace said:
the last thing the US needs is another jet thats worst than the mig. what they need is an F-22. instead of the F/A-18. the A-10 wouldnt stay alive long enough to kill a tank if theres a good mig pilot :p

the only way the A-10 would be usefull ingame is if it was in a new map where the MEC or chinese had the russian counterpart. and there would be no super sonic fighters to fly circles around it.

as the current maps are there wouldnt be a way to balance an A-10 into them without it either being unstoppable or just flat out useless i dont think there would be sweet spot for it.

id like to be ableto fly an A-10 but id also like it to be some what usefull. cuz i know if i had a mig unless they magicly make the A-10 supersonic its just gonna be a turky shoot.

Yea what he said... ;)

BF2 is not to my liking. Sure it can be fun, if it's what you are into.
Personally, I would like to see more futuristic shooters instead of this trend toward
ultra-realism we have seen in recent years.

Hey, you asked my opinion. :)

I think the A10 would only be a good addition if it is only in maps that have no fighters. The MEC and China would have their counterparts too. There were A10s in Desert Combat and Point of Existence and, if you did not have good air support on your team to keep the enemy fighters busy, your A10 would be blown to bits before you even got to your target.

The Other said:
I love the game...

I love the MP..

but I wish SP was little better, and campaigned...

If you bought BF2 for the singleplayer, I have no sympathy for you.

Battlefield 2 is good.

BUT IT SUCKS COMPARED TO DESERT COMBAT FOR BF1942

The Desert Combat mod was so much better, with many more vehicles and much, much better maps. The BF2 maps aren't very good.

Positive

Nice looking engine, no crashes and vehicles are solid.

Negative,

Registration with IGN (I don't like or trust the company). I haven't registered and I won't which means no online play.
Single player is very rough (in other words I made a mistake buying this game).
Too realistic, I would have prefered it to be a bit more gamier.
A flag capture is often a death sentence thanks to the lack of cover around capture points.

Sorry for the criticisms, I loved 42 but was disappointed by BF2.

Well BF2 is typical EA release. They many times force devs to rush in the game and thats what happened with BF2.
Its still a solid game. nice graphics, nice set of weapons, vehicles etc.
But then again it has its own share of problems while playing online.

This is 100% team game. And hardly 10% people on the server will beehave like a team most of the times and try to be rambo and die or get teammate killed.
If you are playing on a clan server and find a whole clan on 1 team then its almost impossible to beat em if they stay organished. Same with any team with just 3-4 players staying organised. They can kill any ambush possible if they listen to the commander and play as a team. Many times i find myself ran over by jeep or tank on teammates crashing their mig into their own team for fun.

This is not exactly game problem but the way people play the damn game. In games like CSS 1 pro player can win on his own. Not gona happen in BF2.

Back