Your opinion on this GTX295 from ebay

Nicolas554

Limp Gawd
http://cgi.ebay.com/BFG-Technologie...emQQptZPCC_Video_TV_Cards?hash=item4a9d525cf0

I made an offer of 360,00$ which was accepted. Free shipping (USPS Express Mail International). He claims the card is new, but the price seems very low to me. I dont know, it seems too good to be true. The seller also has quite a few negative/neutral feedbacks about DOA parts or parts not working.

Now i dont think im gonna pay him, lol. But what do you guys think about this auction ??

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
with that much negative feedback I wouldn't have even bothered.. good luck..

When I clicked your link, it took me to a listing where the feedback is 100% and shipping is $99???

EDIT: Just dug deeper. No way, man. Don't do it!

Stay away from a loser seller like that. What an idiot to charge $99 for shipping, trying to scam people with unrefundable shipping. Like Ebay doesn't regulate a-holes like that.

Not recommended. I almost got rip off on the motherboard. Luckily, I fixed it. Also, You buy second hand product, you won't get any warranty... ;)

This is very weird. He has all kinds of negative feedback and still it shows 100% positive at the top. No way I would buy from this guy, the $99 shipping is a scam, he is hoping unwarry people wont notice it. And looks like you would be paying $459.00 with the shipping which isn't a great deal from a seller like this.

Im going to to say what a lot of others are thinking... research the seller and think this stuff over BEFORE you bid! :D

This is very weird. He has all kinds of negative feedback and still it shows 100% positive at the top. No way I would buy from this guy, the $99 shipping is a scam, he is hoping unwarry people wont notice it. And looks like you would be paying $459.00 with the shipping which isn't a great deal from a seller like this.

Im going to to say what a lot of others are thinking... research the seller and think this stuff over BEFORE you bid! :D

Well the shipping is free, as long as the buyer choose ''usps express mail international''.
But still, im NOT buying from that seller. Too much negatives feedbacks. I feel like i have 50/50 chances of getting a defective product, i dont wanna take that risk !!!
And yea youre right, i should have researched on him before i actually make an offer. I just saw the awsome price and the supposed 100% positive feedback (which, like you said is weird, cause many people actually left negative comments about that seller) Oh well, at least i didnt pay, lol.
Sad thing is that now this asshole is probably going to give me a negative feedback cause i wont pay him, lol.

This is very weird. He has all kinds of negative feedback and still it shows 100% positive at the top.

I think that's because all of the negative feedback is over a year old. I don't use ebay so I may be wrong but that would be my guess.

eBay changed the way that feedback works. After a certain time the negatives don't count anymore and you can eventually raise back up to 100% positive. Reason being, sometimes people change their practices/model to improve customer support so should they continue be punished by something they have fixed?

The $99 shipping is easily a way around paying the stupid-high eBay fee's.

look I might get bashed for this but why would you pay 360 for a gtx 295, it is just my personal opinion I would pay no more than 300 for it and that is me stretching it a little, I am not a fanboy for any company but don't you think hd 5870 will be a better buy for another 40 bucks, unless ofcourse you only want nvidia, than you can simply ignore my suggestion, lol. happy holidays. it is not worth spending big money on graphics cards on ebay, no one will warrant the card for rma, they will just simply refuse service if you tell them you bough it from ebay.

The link I clicked on had $99 shipping and had 100% positive feedback, and I read them too, they were all good. I'd say skip it, and buy it off at Frys or Newegg when theirs a special sale or rebate.

Notice the only listed payment method he accepts is Moneybookers. Know where PayPal isn't accepted and MoneyBookers preferred? Certain countries in Africa. Know what's in Africa? Nigeria, scammer capitol of the world.

eBay only advertises buyer protection for PayPal-paid purchases, since PayPal does the protecting. Neither they nor Moneybookers will do anything for you in the (likely) event that the worst happens.

Besides all his feedback being private, and only three of them being recent. Yeah, I wouldn't go near it.

I remember looking at this same guy when searching for a Q9650. He seems to be selling large quantities of big-ticket items.. a sure-fire sign of mass-scale scamming.

I've been scammed three times on eBay and these are the signs to look for:
1. Small number of recent feedback, often for unrelated or cheap items
2. Large number of items for sale, highly-desired items generally at somewhat attractive prices.
3. "Slow" shipping, often without tracking (it'll take "5-15 business days", or shipped by "USPS Media Mail", etc.)
4. Dodges questions or offers suspiciously general answers (i.e. "I'll ship it soon something came up", "These are BRAND NEW never used with full warranty").

Fortunately PayPal saved me each time since I at least made sure that was the payment method.

Last edited:
Sellers like that have nothing but their own greed in mind there. They want people to buy their stuff without doing their homework and often times sell broken stuff. I would stay away from buying things that expensive on ebay, but that's just me. I would rather spend my money in a place like the fs/t forums here. The chance of being ripped off grows exponentially on a site like ebay.

I concur with the above. Don't buy from that suspicious seller with so much neutral/negative feedback.

Shouldn't these kind of people be reported to eBay? I mean a newbie to eBay might just come along and buy it without hesitation.

Back