Your opinion of ASUS Maximus II Mobo???

I have an Intel Q9300 CPU and want to hook it up with a P45 Mobo. I'm looking at getting the ASUS Maximus II.Aside from surfing the internet and some standard business aplications I want to be able to play new games and OVERCLOCK. Does anyone have any experience and or opinions of this board?

Insanely overpriced for what it is, but if you're willing to pay up it'll certain let you OC.

Granted, almost any P45 with a decent cooling solution will. You might be better off buying something like a P5Q Pro and a full set of Thermalright heatsinks for it.

Well, I can personally say that I have seen it OC, and the BIOS has so many features, it can make your head spin. That said, it also OC'd my friends E8600 to 4.7 o H2O. Yeah, it's overpriced, but you get the BIOS features with the money.

and it also looks like a transformer toy lol, only reason to spend the extra money on this over the P5Q is for the looks.

After looking at the P5Q Pro, I decided to go with the P5Q-E. I like having the dual NIC's and the cooling system is a bit better on the -E.

MIIF is a decent board, great bios options and easy as hell to overclock.
Phase Pull Ins are still broken and some dividers are not working 100% but as soon as Asus lets the Engineers code the bios again instead of the cleaning staff the board should be a winner
ROG boards are normally priced a little higher than the rest

500FSB_MIIF.jpg

Back