Your latest VR purchase?

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Just preordered HP Reverb G2 for $599+tax, to pair with Star Wars Squadrons this fall. I'll keep my Samsung Odyssey+ as a backup and a loaner for friends.

Just purchased Boneworks for $23.99 (-20% off Steam sale)

I got my Valve index a few weeks ago but just haven't had the time to clear space and set it up 🥺

The Morrigan - low poly stylized dungeon crawler with solid combat. Reminding me of a Souls game after an hour with it.

Last edited:
VTOL VR - Supposedly a great entrypoint to VR flightsims without DCS level complexity.

Edit: holy hell this is my new favorite VR game. This is the closest experience to actually flying of anything I've tried.

Last edited:
Finally picked up Half Life: Alyx for $45 because of the sale. Playing it with Virtual Desktop on my Quest

VTOL VR - Supposedly a great entrypoint to VR flightsims without DCS level complexity.

Edit: holy hell this is my new favorite VR game. This is the closest experience to actually flying of anything I've tried.

Flight sims are my jam! Use my vr setup for DCS and X-Plane, just amazing!

After buying the Index, I ordered a Chilldex (thing does seem to get hotter than the Vive) but I'm still waiting on that to show up.

Looking forward to playing more VR 1) when the weather cools down more and 2) when I upgrade my machine (hopefully this fall). GTX 1080 doesn't really feel like it's cutting it with the Index resolution.

After buying the Index, I ordered a Chilldex (thing does seem to get hotter than the Vive) but I'm still waiting on that to show up.

Looking forward to playing more VR 1) when the weather cools down more and 2) when I upgrade my machine (hopefully this fall). GTX 1080 doesn't really feel like it's cutting it with the Index resolution.
I don't find it hot. Turn up the AC!

I just got an index as well. Good to know the 1080 might not keep up well. What’s the rest of your setup? I’m looking to get a 3700x and a 3070 or 2080.

Bought 2 Quest 2s for the Mrs. and I. Spent the afternoon in ecoshpere 180° VR shows, and bought Pistol Whip and Ultrawings. I like Ultrawings while I'm biding my time until I get a new pc this summer, but I took a chance on Pistol Whip, so much fun! I am John Wick!

Well, Besides a Alienware R12, I bought a Logitech X52Pro, I used my first time DCS discount on an F16, F18 and Persian Golf Map. I also bought Bredok's 737 Max8 for MSFS2020. I downloaded a Grumman Goose and The Savage Grravel bush plane... and a 16' USB 3.2 cable to link my Q2 into it all

I've been wasting my life away in Eleven Table Tennis. Truly a terrific replacement for real-life table tennis.

I've been wasting my life away in Eleven Table Tennis. Truly a terrific replacement for real-life table tennis.
That is a great game, they did a great job recreating the feel of ping pong. Though the HP Reverb G2's controller tracking makes it a little hard to do accurate slices lol.

That is a great game, they did a great job recreating the feel of ping pong. Though the HP Reverb G2's controller tracking makes it a little hard to do accurate slices lol.
Yeah just picked up the Q2 updated version yesterday and bought Eleven TT. Lot of fun, spent an hour at lunch playing the AI and was soaked in sweat today. Mainly got the Q2 for exercise and hopefully to get the GF into it as well as already have a Reverb G2, although haven't used it in a while. Trying to finish RDR2 before starting HL Alyx, not enough time...

Also purchased Walkabout Mini Golf.

Yeah just picked up the Q2 updated version yesterday and bought Eleven TT. Lot of fun, spent an hour at lunch playing the AI and was soaked in sweat today. Mainly got the Q2 for exercise and hopefully to get the GF into it as well as already have a Reverb G2, although haven't used it in a while. Trying to finish RDR2 before starting HL Alyx, not enough time...

Also purchased Walkabout Mini Golf.
Nice, walkabout looks fun but I'm worried about tracking with my G2 lol, at least to be accurate enough for a good time. Alyx has thus far been my favorite experience, I'm not super far in. Was waiting for a new computer to give it max settings but it looks really good regardless and the environment, sound, interactions and such are so much fun and really change the world of half life making it a lot more fun.

Just preordered HP Reverb G2 for $599+tax, to pair with Star Wars Squadrons this fall. I'll keep my Samsung Odyssey+ as a backup and a loaner for friends.

Just purchased Boneworks for $23.99 (-20% off Steam sale)
Funny at first I thought this was one of my posts! Same for me minus the SW stuff I have sworn off of. Just replace it with MSFS 2020 :)
So how do you like the new gear? What sticks out to you? What are you underwelmed with and what are you overly happy with?

Nice, walkabout looks fun but I'm worried about tracking with my G2 lol, at least to be accurate enough for a good time. Alyx has thus far been my favorite experience, I'm not super far in. Was waiting for a new computer to give it max settings but it looks really good regardless and the environment, sound, interactions and such are so much fun and really change the world of half life making it a lot more fun.
Yeah I had been waiting on playing Alyx until I got a new pc, coming from a 1080 Ti as well.

Got everything running on my new pc for VR today, and I tried the first 18 hole course in Walkabout with the G2 today. Tracking wasn't noticeably different between the G2 and Q2. Even Eleven TT, which is much faster paced obviously, wasn't hugely different, although I'd give the nod to the Q2 there. Could even be the 120Hz on the Q2 as everything was smoother. Really remarkable what the Q2 can do especially for the price. Disappointed they didn't even do any gfx upgrades on the Rift/Steam versions of the games.

Biggest advantage of the Q2 is no damn cord in the games, and the roomscale system/setup is vastly superior.

Oculus has the Vader Immortal Bundle for $14.99: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/882687799301914/

Already owned the first Episode, so got a further discount to $9.89 for the remaining two. Was disappointed it was so short, but $5/episode I think is more in line. Although I've yet to play the others, so just assuming they're similar in length.

Actually just got a notification on my phone as I was typing this, Quest 2 is having an anniversary sale, lot of titles on sale. Think I'll grab Climb 2 and Jurassic World Aftermath as well.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Just bought the Carenado WACO WYMF5 - Gorgeous aircraft, in VR or pancake mode. Great controls, fun to handle on the ground. Great in the air.
WMF5.jpg

WMF5CP.jpg

Been playing Switchback on the PSVR2 this weekend. It's the sequel to Rush of Blood for the original PSVR and it's every bit as good. It suffers from the focus issues that seemingly every PSVR2 game does, but once you get use to it, it's terrific. Very intense, plus I appreciate that it's designed for sitting down.

The Climb, when I made my first headset purchase (Quest 1) for my dad... but I can't remember if maybe it was using an included $10 coupon or something? I dunno...

Back