Your latest videogame purchase

Didn't buy anything for months, but the last week I've gone on a spree. Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Titanfall, Thief, and Dark Souls 2. Other than Mario Kart and maybe Watch Dogs, I think I've got everything I want for a while.

Bought some station cash for Planetside 2, not much but a few bucks. Other than that, picked up Titanfall last month.

Tomb Raider. Absolutely fantastic game.

Gotta say, I'm dumbfounded by how many people bought RoS, after the ass fucking blizzard gave PC gamers.

Do you know how many stages are in the early access? The alpha was huge with 15 or so, if they doubled that, I'm so in. I just can't buy anymore Early Access games, but.... damn this game is so much fun. Do want, pretty bad actually.

It felt like at least 30 before the credits rolled.
Now that they've updated with the 'map' mode, I don't know if they've added more to the regular game but the map mode has added some more levels it seems.

I really like it and the selection of Bros so far are great (save for maybe Agent Bro because the Noisy Cricket gun has so much kickback [although rightfully so], and Brode because his sword takes several hits to destroy ground/objects). I highly recommend it even in it's current Beta state. ;)

Titanfall.....and I even play it streamed to my nvidia shield..

Inquistor for PC came out in 2012 never seen such a awesome game before wish I knew how the hell to play it lots of text and not sure how to play it. It's like a good looking Ultima Online.

HAvent bought anything for few months, I still have impressive backlog :) Besides, I'm buying games only during Steam sales, can wait few months without playing something, that will be much cheaper soon :)

God bless the Steam sales for me too. Despite a healthy backlog, I finally bought Max Payne 3 and promptly lost all interest in Batman (the first one, honestly, what was all the fuss about?)

Diablo 3 RoS.....man I am getting old, I have changed my ways!

Now I look forward to car parts and upgrades for the house.

Arkham: Origins during that Uplay sale, picked it up and its season pass for $15.

Game itself is actually quite good; the detective mode and Year One touches have been my favorite aspects so far. The Riddler metagame is getting a bit old now, but I appreciate that it's been streamlined quite a bit in it.

Oh, and the new (old) suit looks really good. I like the use of plates and straps, reminds me of Bermejo's Batman.

Gotta say, I'm dumbfounded by how many people bought RoS, after the ass fucking blizzard gave PC gamers.

Me too, and now its not going to stop. people keep buying these bad games, crazy priced DLCs, etc etc:(

Me too, and now its not going to stop. people keep buying these bad games, crazy priced DLCs, etc etc:(

Lot of ass banging for sure, but the game is in an excellent state at the moment, almost all the real issues were fixed. Bittersweet in the end, on all accounts? For sure, but still a great game to play with friends.

My latest purchase that has been added to my ever growing list of "haven't even played but have them anyway" games is the last PC/Steam Humble Bundle.

I... may have a problem. :eek:

Last game purchase was dark souls 2.

Though I did score the last 3 splinter cell games and watch dogs when i purchased my new zotac nvidia game yesterday.

Saints Row 2 for PC...... And I shouldn't have bought it. THe controls are just as clunky as I remember it. And man, does it give me a huge freakin' head ache.

Factorio.

http://www.factorio.com/

This game is great if you are really into building large, complex systems. You start out with a meager automation setup and eventually you will have structures and automation systems spread out over a large area, defended by automated laser turrets. What are you defending from exactly? Just the local fauna that mutate with the amount of pollution you are outputting from your crazy factory.

Did I mention trains and conveyor belt systems with rudimentary logic gates as well to control everything?

DreadOut and pre-ordered Tropico 5 a few days ago. DreadOut is like a spiritual successor to Fatal Frame and is pretty damn scary. My friends and I are looking forward to the multiplayer co-op of Tropico 5 so we all pre-ordered it.

Preordered the WatchDogs the most basic edition for PC, along for half year FF XIV subscription, as I decided to come back, and am having blast there :)

Bought Watch Dogs. Waste of money. My system should have no issues here and yet I get stuttering and crashes. :mad:

Should have bought Wolfenstien... maybe.

Murdered: Soul Suspect.

I hesitated but the story and concept got me hooked. I can't wait to play it tomorrow when it's released.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron. I have yet to play it though... I get caught up so much playing QL.

Last edited:
But mostly, it's about buying the game for a few bucks, and having the joy/satisfaction if it being in your account. That warm glowy feeling of owning the game. Playing it, though? Nah. Who does that anymore?

Lol, and I'm fine with that. Thankfully I do get to play some of mine, even if I'm not able to dedicate the time to it that I'd like to, but even when I don't I'm OK with it because I'm supporting a hobby/industry that I've loved for as long as I can remember.

Its a beautiful thing. And hey, it beats piracy.

Most of the time, with the exception of crazy unreasonable DRM or $50-$60 retail games that are actually worse "out of the box" than the pirated versions, yes it sure does. It's been forever since I've downloaded games from illegitimate sources. I don't even do the "try before I buy method" and I've gone so far as to repurchase a lot of my older games that I didn't have on Steam, but had already bought the physical version of in the past.

Dark Souls 2. Kb/M controls are so wonky I can't even get into the game.

I know it sucks but it's just not meant for mouse & keyboard. Controller all the way for this one.

My last purchase was Banner Saga. I've played about 30 minutes so I can't really decide on how I feel about it yet.

Before that Dark Souls 2 which was fucking amaze balls.

Back