Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

thinkpads are great. rugged as hell. my first computer was a OLD thinkpad that i bought at a garage sale :) i ran stuff on it that never should have ran. i gave it away and the guy still uses it to this day. i wish i could remember the model. i do know it came loaded with win 95.

here's my setup :p

DSC01174.jpg

Like your alienware laptop ^^
What are the specs of those notebooks?

if i can remember

duo core t5 something
1gb ram
70gb hdd
ati mobility x 2000 or suttin.

other than that i paid 2k for this thing a while ago. wished i didnt :(

I don't know if I am allowed to post comments or not so forgive me. After looking through this thread,I miss my lappy. :( I am still trying to get it fixed. You all have some very nice laptops.

Again sorry mods,if this was unwarranted then please delete my post.

I don't know if I am allowed to post comments or not so forgive me. After looking through this thread,I miss my lappy. :( I am still trying to get it fixed. You all have some very nice laptops.

Again sorry mods,if this was unwarranted then please delete my post.

Its cool man, thats what we do around here.... post opinions :D Welcome to the [H]

spartan1000 - its a 14.1WS , unit is super light @ 4.75 lbs with 6 cell battery an really solid feeling

spartan1000 - its a 14.1WS , unit is super light @ 4.75 lbs with 6 cell battery an really solid feeling

Hey Lancer, nice lappy I just got my A305. Looks basically the same as your pic except for the specs in my sig. Don't you love this keyboard? Haha. :p And yeah, it's definitely the most sturdily-built laptop I've ever used (except for a toughbook type of course).

lol , nice - ya i love the keyboard but i also.... hate how it attracts finger prints :( i take my laptop everywhere , an everyone likes how it feels

My new but old dell. Got rid of the sony pcg-grz520 I had and replaced it with this dell inspiron 8200. The laptop was again free so I cant argue to much with that. It has a p4m 2.2, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig harddrive, dvd burner. All upgraded by me on parts I had laying around.

delllaptop1.jpg

delllaptop2.jpg

delllaptop3.jpg

My new but old dell. Got rid of the sony pcg-grz520 I had and replaced it with this dell inspiron 8200. The laptop was again free so I cant argue to much with that. It has a p4m 2.2, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig harddrive, dvd burner. All upgraded by me on parts I had laying around.
Brings back memories. I had one of those in 1999-2000. It had a gorgeous 15" UXGA (1600x1200) LCD which was one of the very best laptop screens I've ever seen.

what are your thoughts when comparing the two?

First, let's start with the specs.

Dell XPS M1530
Intel 9300, 8600 GT 256MB, 250GB 7200, 4GB RAM, LED Backlit LCD, 6-cell battery

MacBook Pro
2.4GHz version, upgraded RAM to 4GB

Performance = M1530 by a huge margin.
Weight = MBP is a little bit lighter.
Build Quality = MBP. But the M1530 isn't too far behind. Dell did an awesome job with this notebook.
LCD = I know the MBP has a better panel but the M1530 is also very good. Can't really tell the difference.
Fan Noise = both notebooks are fairly quiet.
Gripes:
MBP - Vista support sucks ass. Wireless N connection drops, audio pops/crackles, 2-finger right-click has been disabled by Apple for some reason. No problems under Leopard though.
M1530 - Touchpad isn't like my old M1210. It's not as good as the Synaptics touchpads. Notebook gets very hot.

Thanks for the insight! I have been looking at the 1330, the smaller version of the 1530. But I think I will wait for the release of the new Latitude E series. I am looking for something with power but also portability and the new e series are supposed to have excellent battery life as well as a slim chassis. If I am not happy with the new offerings I will probably just go ahead and buy the 1330.

I hate to say it but I love my MacBook Air! I never use my M1330 anymore :(.

img7526yk6.jpg

img7527kg2.jpg

(I definitely used xref's post as inspiration.)

anyone remember that $300 gateway bestbuy was selling a while back? well thats what i have. it came with celeron m 520, 512mb ram, 80gig HDD and vista basic.

it now has a core duo t2300e. 2gb ram, 200gb hdd and vista ultimate.

its plenty fast for what i do and it can play cs 1.6 perfectly :D lol

lol007bg3.jpg

anyone remember that $300 gateway bestbuy was selling a while back? well thats what i have. it came with celeron m 520, 512mb ram, 80gig HDD and vista basic.

it now has a core duo t2300e. 2gb ram, 200gb hdd and vista ultimate.

its plenty fast for what i do and it can play cs 1.6 perfectly :D lol

lol007bg3.jpg

How are you liking those Siberias? And also, how much was it for those upgrades?

How are you liking those Siberias? And also, how much was it for those upgrades?

these are the best headphones ive ever used simply because i can wear them all day. so comfortable. the sound quality is pretty damn good but not audiophile quality.

the t2300e cost me $40 shipped. the 2gb cost me $20 and the HDD cost me $100. I sold the old stuff for a total of $100 to help offset the cost. Also bestbuy gave me a $50 giftcard because they said the laptop had a dvd burner when it didnt so selling that helped too. So in all paid like $20 for all the upgrades.

these are the best headphones ive ever used simply because i can wear them all day. so comfortable. the sound quality is pretty damn good but not audiophile quality.

the t2300e cost me $40 shipped. the 2gb cost me $20 and the HDD cost me $100. I sold the old stuff for a total of $100 to help offset the cost. Also bestbuy gave me a $50 giftcard because they said the laptop had a dvd burner when it didnt so selling that helped too. So in all paid like $20 for all the upgrades.

How did you get the processor so cheap? FS/FT forum? Ebay?

How's your battery life ever since you switched to a processor that actually supports speedstepping? :D

Roliath - What are the apps/utilities you run to get that cool menu bar across the top of the screen?

Back