Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

Well, its been a long time coming, but here it is finally, the laptop I won in a design contest
Did I also mention that it weighs in at over 11lbs ? Not exactly designed to be portable either with a 60 minute battery life either :p

That is one sweet ass design job man, be proud....

This HP was also my first laptop. Back in July I bought a very nice dell desktop. I realized that for my needs a mobile pc would work the best. I sold the dell to my dad and bought the laptop.
100_0785.jpg

063.jpg

This HP was also my first laptop. Back in July I bought a very nice dell desktop. I realized that for my needs a mobile pc would work the best. I sold the dell to my dad and bought the laptop.

how do u like the hp?

Its great. I bought an almost identical hp before it with the only differences being a 32bit proccessor and winxp. I purchased them both from CC. I returned the first one because of certain keys sticking. I figured I could just exchange it and get a new one. They stopped carrying it and wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee. That didnt happen. So I was reading the adds a week later and saw this one on sale for $850! I bought it and have loved it ever since. It looks and feels so expensive and is very well built. The really nice features are the lightscribe dvd burner, the touch sensitive media controls, the remote, the built in webcam and mic, the card reader and much more. I highly recommend HP's pavilion notebook line.

pic3.jpg

Here's my V5305WM I bought for $399 around black friday last year. Came with a 3300+ sempron and a Radeon 200M GPU. Felt the sempron was a bit slow and bought a turion 64 MT-37 for 70 bucks and went ahead and upgraded it. Since then I added some ram and installed vista ultimate on it. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Its great. I bought an almost identical hp before it with the only differences being a 32bit proccessor and winxp. I purchased them both from CC. I returned the first one because of certain keys sticking. I figured I could just exchange it and get a new one. They stopped carrying it and wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee. That didnt happen. So I was reading the adds a week later and saw this one on sale for $850! I bought it and have loved it ever since. It looks and feels so expensive and is very well built. The really nice features are the lightscribe dvd burner, the touch sensitive media controls, the remote, the built in webcam and mic, the card reader and much more. I highly recommend HP's pavilion notebook line.
Agreed. I got a dv6108nr from Best Bizzle as a replacement when my old one died under warantee. It's not awesome (see sig) but it was a bit of an upgrade from the older one (they opt to get as close as possible to your original system when they do replacements). So far I love it for what I do. I get WAY less battery life from it compared to XP MCE that it came with now that I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.

posting my baby

core 2duo T5500
2gb ram
160g hdd
17" wide
dvd rw
bose speaker
mx revolution mouse
linksys wireless-N
DSCN1960.JPG

DSCN1961.JPG

DSCN1962.JPG

posting my baby

core 2duo T5500
2gb ram
160g hdd
17" wide
dvd rw
bose speaker
mx revolution mouse
linksys wireless-N
<snip>
I saw one of those in a local store and was just awed by it. The things like the integrated tv tuner just make it amazing. Enjoy!

00001oy4.jpg

00002jg0.jpg

Code:
Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Core2Duo 7200
2GB PC-5300
14.1 SXGA+ TFT
100GB 7200RPM HDD
ATi x1400
9 Cell Battery
Logitech mx900
Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy Eft"

If I had had more money, I would have that exact laptop (except with SuSE not Ubuntu). Pity I could only afford the MacBook.

If lenovo has the rights to the thinkpad brand, why is there an IBM sticker in the lower right corner where it says "thinkpad"? :confused:

If lenovo has the rights to the thinkpad brand, why is there an IBM sticker in the lower right corner where it says "thinkpad"? :confused:

Lenovo got branding rights with the deal (5 year I think) and IIRC the thinkpad name will go back to IBM after that time. If not than at least the IBM part with disappear.

LOL, why the gaming mouse on the Linux laptop?

umm when have you ever seen a gamer use a wireless mouse...zomg battery died and I forgot to put the other one in the base...owned or zomg battery died now I can't pick mid or tell team because my talk button is bound to mouse click...

Can you adjust the polling rate of a bluetooth mouse....

umm when have you ever seen a gamer use a wireless mouse...zomg battery died and I forgot to put the other one in the base...owned or zomg battery died now I can't pick mid or tell team because my talk button is bound to mouse click...

Can you adjust the polling rate of a bluetooth mouse....
I used an MX Rev. for a while as my gaming mouse for fps's. Worked very well. I ended up replacing it with a Razer Copperhead for games and a Microsoft Natural Wireless laser mouse for every day stuff.

As for games on Linux, how much luck do you have with that Wine stuff? I have an older machine i was thinking of turning into a home server, but if I could also drop some games on there it would be cool (I am thinking of installing Kubuntu).

Wine and Cedega work fairly well for a lot of titles. www.winehq.com has a fairly large database of what works and what doesn't.

My two favorites: Red Faction and BF1942 + DCX work flawlessly.

Wine and Cedega work fairly well for a lot of titles. www.winehq.com has a fairly large database of what works and what doesn't.

My two favorites: Red Faction and BF1942 + DCX work flawlessly.
Red faction...mmmmmm that goes back.
I wonder why more companies didn't adopt that technolo...what was it called... geomodding? ...where you could actually dig through the dirt with explosives....
That was so cool. Combine that with a havoc physics engine or ageia. Madness...

'Business line' = ThinkPad.

And y'know you should try NOT to stress the screen cable that much.

No, when I say HP business line notebook I mean HP's business line notebook. As they have a consumer line = Pavilions and a business line = nx, nc, nw series.
I realize pavilions and some other consumer notebooks can't bend the screen all the way down, but the nx series can with ease. I'm sure Hp realized that if they were to make a laptop which screen can go all the way down, they would give the screen cable enough slack as to not damage it.

here's my review for more info:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=1944177

I'm sure Hp realized that if they were to make a laptop which screen can go all the way down, they would give the screen cable enough slack as to not damage it.
That's the same as saying "my car's rev-meter goes to 6500rpm before it redlines" but if you actually rev to 6500 often, the engine is going to wear a lot more than if you drove more sedately. Yes, most laptops do bend all the way back, but you are putting unneccessary strain on the cable.

That's the same as saying "my car's rev-meter goes to 6500rpm before it redlines" but if you actually rev to 6500 often, the engine is going to wear a lot more than if you drove more sedately. Yes, most laptops do bend all the way back, but you are putting unneccessary strain on the cable.

So I'm assuming you think nobody should ever run benchmarks for video cards and CPU's since it causes unnecessary strain ehh? The point of it is to show what it can do, and to push it to the max. It doesn't mean we push things to the max ALL the time. I hope you don't think every time I open up my laptop I bend it all the way back. I'm assuming you think that since your car example refers to having to redline often. I bend it back so I could take the picture to show how far it could go.

Thinkpads arent just business :p
T60p 2007-93U
T2600 2.16GHz
1GB ram (soon to be 2)
100gb 7.2k rpm hd
and, most importantly, the now discounted
15" 1600x1200 UXGA IPS Flexview (HELL YES)
this screen is AMAZING
IMG_3038.jpg

Just because I'm a pic wh0re!

Sager 9750
FX-60
2GB PQI DDR400
2x Hitachi Travelstar 100GB 7200rpm drives in RAID0
7800GTX 256mb 440/1200

3dmark 2006: 4326
Currently in Vista x64 Ultimate

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

HP dv2000t
T7200 2.0GHz
2GB ram
Go 7200
120GB HD
LightScribe 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth
Vista Home Premium
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Awesome HP DV2000! I was between that and the Macbook. Still love that HP. How much did you pay for it?

I'm looking for a smaller notebook and that HP DV2000 really looks impressive. I configured one with the same specs as above for $1139 shipped. Haven't clicked the "Buy" button, yet, but I'm awfully tempted!

Back