Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

I tried using one of those toughbooks at work for a bit. We have a lot of laptops in service shops and needed something that could take a beating. We only got one though as we are much happier with dells + complete care. It's amazing what dell will cover under complete care. We get them back dropped + covered in grease and never hear any complaints from Dell.

I have a toughbook that i use pretty often. Its Very old. Originally ran windows 95 with pentium two processor. It now runs xp perfectly. It is as fast as it was new. I dont know why it still works but those are great machines.

@bennetvu, is that VX revolutio worth it? I have the mxRevolution and love it...

damn tedro, I'm jealous. What are the vid card and screen options on those toughbooks? :eek: Really pretty slick hardware tho. Helluva lot nicer than the D610's we get where I work -.-

- Intel® 945GMS graphic controller, DVMT up to 128MB
- Touchscreen PC version:10.4"1024x768(XGA) transmissive daylight readable TFT Active Matrix Color LCD

The screen is great, I can read it in full direct sunlight.

For me it is because a back, forward, and close button is a must have for me. And battery last very long.

i have two, one for my desktop and one for my laptop. Awesome mice.

Then again, i got both for around $10. :p

macbook1.png

Here is my new Black Macbook. If you remember two summers ago I purchased a Sager 3880 but due to ATS going out of business and my warranty being voided I have decided to sell it and purchase a new machine. This is the Sager's replacement.

black macbook? [dies]

they are soooooooooo pretty. i want! i want!

I bought it on Saturday (Feb 2nd) from the Apple Store in Pittsburgh and already I have used it almost non-stop. The switch back to Mac OS (the last time I owned a Mac was in 1996) has been completely stemless. Now I just need to find some decent office software, gawd I wish Office 2008 would come out sooner.

heres my beastly laptop :) its pretty good for what I need and it was free so I cant complain to much.

lappy1.jpg

lappy2.jpg

lappy3.jpg

its a pentium 4 1.6 with 512 megs ram a 80 gig hd and a radeon 7500 vid card.
sorry for the crappy pics they were taken with my phone.

My current laptop. Vaio SZ360P/C (the carbon one). Core 2 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB SATA, Go7400 256MB, 3.7lbs:

CIMG0436.jpg

CIMG0437.jpg

CIMG0438.jpg

My Asus V6Va and its new Booq PowerSleeve.

I'm probably gonna upgrade to an Asus A8Js in a few weeks. If anyone wants a 9 month old V6Va, PM me. ;)

My baby.

15.4" 10:9 1440x900 Screen
120GB 5400rpm HD
2.16Ghz Intel CD Processor
2GB RAM
Radeon X1600 Mobility

May be going for a tricky mod to replace the screen with a 15.4" 1920x1600 screen. Only seen it done a few times, but it's quite possible.

dsc00245dl2.jpg

dsc00248gq4.jpg

Not pictured are two external Hard Drives, a 120GB and a 100GB, which are used for video and music/backup, respectively. Peripherals include a Razer Diamondback, Kensington Wireless Command Center, which is out of batteries, printer, which is out of ink, headphones, which aren't used very often, and ancient iPod. On the right you can see a disassebled green laser, which I'm tuning to be brighter than legal...

^^^ you could get a USB extension and remove all that USB clutter so that your MAC will look more appealing.

Wow I see that dorms in the country (assuming ur in a US college dorm) all have the same damned wall look.

My baby.

May be going for a tricky mod to replace the screen with a 15.4" 1920x1600 screen. Only seen it done a few times, but it's quite possible.

dsc00248gq4.jpg

For goodness' sake: if that's your only computer, DON'T MOD IT.

If you're still in college, you don't want to explain that you can't check the online notes for a lecture or that you lost your paper because you wanted a slightly sharper screen. It's not a great idea even between terms.

I'd recommend just getting an external LCD if you need more room.

I still haven't decided whether to go forward with it or not. My warranty expires in a couple months, meaning that screwing up my computer leaves me out a pretty significant chunk of cash, but if I mod it, that voids the warranty anyway. If you check out this thread, it looks like it's possible, thanks to some seriously dedicated Mac geeks, but there's as many sob stories as successes. I'll probably try a similar mod with my Dad's ancient powerbook, and if that goes wel, then I'll think about trying my hand at a screen upgrade. I just don't like the idea of bending the very very thin aluminum my computer is made of... :eek:

100_1747.jpg

100_1748.jpg

100_1749.jpg

100_1750.jpg

Gateway MX6453
* AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
* 15.4-inch Ultrabright™ WXGA TFT (1280 × 800)
* ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150
* 2048 MB DDR2 Memory
* 160 GB PATA hard drive (4200 RPM)
* DVD+/-RW Multi-Format Double Layer Optical Drive
* Integrated 802.11g Wireless LAN
* Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* 4-in-1 Digital Media Manager
* Microsoft® Windows ® XP Media Center Edition

Not bad for 800 bucks

My baby.

15.4" 10:9 1440x900 Screen
120GB 5400rpm HD
2.16Ghz Intel CD Processor
2GB RAM
Radeon X1600 Mobility

Not pictured are two external Hard Drives, a 120GB and a 100GB, which are used for video and music/backup, respectively. Peripherals include a Razer Diamondback, Kensington Wireless Command Center, which is out of batteries, printer, which is out of ink, headphones, which aren't used very often, and ancient iPod. On the right you can see a disassebled green laser, which I'm tuning to be brighter than legal...

hey man where did you get that background?

My Dell Inspiron E1505
Specs: Core Duo T2050 1.60ghz, 2MB DDR2, i945G board, GMA 950
Laptop2.jpg

Laptop3.jpg

Laptop4.jpg

Laptop6.jpg

as you can see simple...the desk and room might be a lil much..but ya. Thanks for viewing.

XPS M170 laptop - Pretty powerful lappy. Can play alot of games at 1920x1200 rez.

Nvidia 7800gtx
2 gigs of RAM
Deck mini keyboard
z-board FANG
Copperhead
Razermat

Picturetoc011-2.jpg

Picturetoc010-2.jpg

Picturetoc015-1.jpg

Picturetoc013-1.jpg

Picturetoc005-3.jpg

Picturetoc003-4.jpg

Picturetoc007-3.jpg

XPS M170 laptop - Pretty powerful lappy. Can play alot of games at 1920x1200 rez.

Nvidia 7800gtx
2 gigs of RAM
Deck mini keyboard
z-board FANG
Copperhead
Razermat
How do you like that razermat? I have the copperhead and like it, but I have yet to get a hold of a good mousepad.

Got another system to add to my inventory, so to speak.

E1705 for DTR Multimedia & Gaming

T60 listed above for general use

and, an R100 for ultraportable use (CarPuter)

R100-top.jpg

R100-open.jpg

R100-nickle.jpg

2.4 lbs, .7" high, and about 2 hours of battery life. Not bad for a 4 year old system.

How do you like that razermat? I have the copperhead and like it, but I have yet to get a hold of a good mousepad.
Reminds me I have to get a real mousemat from somewhere, I've been using the back cover of Battle Royal volume 1 ever since I got my Krait 3 weeks ago...

EDIT: New MacBook's arrived to replace my venerable ThinkPad T20 which has a dead screen/cable/inverter/graphics board/etc;

workstation&

Reminds me I have to get a real mousemat from somewhere, I've been using the back cover of Battle Royal volume 1 ever since I got my Krait 3 weeks ago...

EDIT: New MacBook's arrived to replace my venerable ThinkPad T20 which has a dead screen/cable/inverter/graphics board/etc;

I ended up getting the Razer eXactMat. Glad I did. i love it.

// New Laptop =] and Xbox360 along side.
I may hate Dell's, but all that white looks nice.

Well, its been a long time coming, but here it is finally, the laptop I won in a design contest (info here):

4 fans and a subwoofer, lol :D

As you can see for reference purposes, not only does the damn thing have a clock but also is 2 inches thick. :eek:

Sorry about pic quality, had to use a cameraphone. From what I can tell, it is a Sager Midern (NP9750-V or C, can't tell). It has:
8 channel audio, 4.1 built in speakers
7900Go GTX, 512MB :)cool:)
1GB DDR400 RAM
80GB 5400RPM SATA (hopefully can upgrade this in the near future)
4200+ AMD Athlon X2 dualcore (2.2ghz)
a shitload of I/O ports including Infrared and assorted video cables (no TV tuner but who am I to complain?)
a 1.3MP webcam (its that little dot at the top of the screen in that one photo)
802.11g wifi along with 10/100mbps ethernet and 56k modem

Did I also mention that it weighs in at over 11lbs ? Not exactly designed to be portable either with a 60 minute battery life either :p

here is mine a brandnew hp pavillion dv6000 specs.. 160gb hd.. centrino core 2 duo...1gb ram... windows vista...15in widescreen...built in webcam.. wireless b/g network card.. all kinds of cool litle features i love this thing

Back