Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

dscn1358lr0.jpg

My Dell Inspiron E1505..Picked her up for 711 shipped during Dell's 10 Days of Deals.

CoreDuo 1.6Ghz
1GB Ram
Intel Pro 950 Graphics
15.4 SXGA screen w/ Truelife
6Cell Battery
80GB 5400rpm HD
CD Burner/DVD ROM drive

Small One:
MSI Megabook S271
Turion64 X2 TL-50 (2x 1,6Ghz, 2x256 L2)
Xpress 200M (X300) 128MB shared-mem
1024 MB DDR2
80GB HDD
DVD/RW
12" Glare-Display (1280x800)
Bluetooth, 54Mbit-WLAN, Gigabit-LAN

Bigger One:
Acer Travelmate 800
Pentium-M (Banias) 1,3Ghz
Radeon 9000 64MB (dedicated)
768MB DDR1
40GB HDD
DVD/RW
15" Display (1400x1050)
11Mbit-WLAN, 100Mbit-LAN

(click for zoom)

Asus Z96j (core duo 2.0 ghz, 2 gig 667 ddr2 corsair ram, 80 gig 7200rpm hdd, ati X1600, 1650x1080, 15.4 in, liteon dual layer slot load burner, price 1600ish)

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

Free carrying case
IMG_2693.jpg

I've since upgraded to the following:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX 256MB as well as
2.00GByte (2x1GB) DDR2 PC4200 SODIMMs
Hitachi Travelstar 7K100 HTS721010G9AT00 100GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache

Won't be upgrading until Core Duo 2 is out. No real reason. :D

maxxkillaz said:

Dell XPS Gen2

Intel Pentium M 760 2GHz, 2MB Cache, 533MHz FSB
Intel i915PM (dual-channel support, PCI-Express)
1.25 GByte (1x 256MB 1x1GB) DDR2 PC4200 SODIMMs
Fujitsu MHV2060AH 60GB, 8MB cache, 5,400RPM
17" WUXGA (1920x1200)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra
Sony DW-D56A 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 4x DVD-RW, 2.4x DVD+R9, 24x CD-R, 10x CD-RW, 8x DVD-ROM (read)
Conexant D110 MDC
Broadcom 5702 Gigabit LAN, Intel 2200BG 802.11b/g Wireless, Bluetooth, FireWire
Ports connectivity 6x USB2.0, 1x 4-pin FireWire400, modem, RJ45 LAN, S-Video, DVI, HD15, PCMCIA, line-out (audio), microphone-in, SD Reader
Windows XP Pro SP2
9 cell (80WHr) "smart" lithium ion
Height: 1.67 inches (42.4 mm)
Width: 15.5 inch (394 mm)
Depth: 11.3 inch (288 mm)
Weight: approximately 8.6 lbs with battery

Game with a Razer Diamondback and Logitech G-15 keyboard and when at lanparties, plug in my logitech usb headset

maxxkillaz said:
I've since upgraded to the following:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX 256MB as well as
2.00GByte (2x1GB) DDR2 PC4200 SODIMMs
Hitachi Travelstar 7K100 HTS721010G9AT00 100GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache

Won't be upgrading until Core Duo 2 is out. No real reason. :D
So... a couple months? Merom is launching in August...

teapotman said:
is there just like a barebone i can buy of this instead of getting like the whole system

a barebone? as in just the notebook chassis and motherboard? I do not believe there is such a thing unless its used parts. there are only 2 options for notebooks, you can either get it as is, or configure it through the vendor site (ie changing cpu, hdd size, ram size..etc). but you cannot get a "barebone" for ANY notebooks. w2jb cannot be configured, its sold as is, I have one.

Outrigger said:
a barebone? as in just the notebook chassis and motherboard? I do not believe there is such a thing unless its used parts. there are only 2 options for notebooks, you can either get it as is, or configure it through the vendor site (ie changing cpu, hdd size, ram size..etc). but you cannot get a "barebone" for ANY notebooks. w2jb cannot be configured, its sold as is, I have one.
Wrong. Lots of Asus notebooks are offered as barebone units, or they used to be... Whether or not the W2JB is or is not I know not.

http://rjtech.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=RT

That's one of the sites that sells the barebones.

My Sony Vaio 17" AR11S Blue-Ray Laptop and My Samsung Q1 UMPC
jkbr2.jpg

A bit closer!
jkbr1.jpg

my lappy... got it Free from cbest buy cause they lost my old Tosiba... The painting The wife and i did. its a pavillion zv6000

AMD64 2.0ghz
x200 ATI PCIexpress video card with 128 meg ram.
120 gig drive
1.25gigs ram
DVDRW+DL
Windows xp Home.

13.JPG

14.JPG

lithium726 said:
Wrong. Lots of Asus notebooks are offered as barebone units, or they used to be... Whether or not the W2JB is or is not I know not.

http://rjtech.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=RT

That's one of the sites that sells the barebones.

the majority of asus units are sold as is such as the w2jb which you cannot configure or they're sold as ensembles through 3rd party vendors, but they won't sell you just the chassis and mobo, you MUST pick amount of ram, hdd size, type of cpu and such.

Just another pic
dscn1363ez8.jpg

Inspiron E1505
Intel Core Duo processor T2050 (2MB/1.60GHz/533MHz)
15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screen WXGA
1GB, DDR2, 533MHz
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Microsoft Windows XP Home
24X Combo CD-RW/DVD
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Sun_Tze said:
Conano, nice "painting".

BTW, how does the Graphics card behave?

I can play battlefield 2 pretty good and smooth on the laptop. I couldnt even play that on my main system till i purchased a 7800gs oc for my main system.

Conano said:
I can play battlefield 2 pretty good and smooth on the laptop. I couldnt even play that on my main system till i purchased a 7800gs oc for my main system.

You just made me confirm the purchase of a laptop with that GFX card, my friend. :D

Outrigger said:
the majority of asus units are sold as is such as the w2jb which you cannot configure or they're sold as ensembles through 3rd party vendors, but they won't sell you just the chassis and mobo, you MUST pick amount of ram, hdd size, type of cpu and such.
What's your point? Just becuase the majority of Asus notebooks are sold by OEMs with all the other parts put in and marked up as such doesn't mean they all are. You can still buy Asus barebones, where the poster I was responding too said it was impossible.

if you take the time to actually read before responding, you might actually see my point is to state the w2jb cannot be configured or be purchased as a barebone, so move on.

Outrigger said:
if you take the time to actually read before responding, you might actually see my point is to state the w2jb cannot be configured or be purchased as a barebone, so move on.
I did read it. Several times. If you would read MY post, I stated that many could be, not necessarily that that particular one could be. Considering my post had very little to do with the avaliability of that particular model as a barebone I fail to see how it was relevant.

This isint a debate thread guys.... keep it positive, if your here your all here because you like the same thing anyway :)

How hard is OS X to get running on your PC along side with Windows? I know when it first started being done it was somewhat of a pain but I wouldnt mind trying it now that I bought a new system.

RiDDLeRThC said:
How hard is OS X to get running on your PC along side with Windows? I know when it first started being done it was somewhat of a pain but I wouldnt mind trying it now that I bought a new system.

A friend of mine had it running on a Dell Inspiron 600m for a little while. He had a really rough time getting it to install. I thought it was hilarious. I don't think he bothered installing windows alongside it, he went back to XP a couple days later.

This was about 5 months ago, and the version my friend had was less than "ready" i guess.

the version I had was really easy to install,

I installed os-x first, then xp home, then ubuntu wich installed the boot loader. once all three were installed i booted up linux, set the os-x partition as bootable, then edited the /boot/grub/menu.lst to include XP and OS-X. after I did that all three worked nice. On OS-X i have no wireless or sound, but everything else works really nice. in windows and linux everything works perfect (audio, video, nic and wifi).

check out http://www.osx86project.org/ for more details

Here are pics of my new Thinkpad Z60t:
100_4302.jpg

100_4301.jpg

100_4300.jpg

Specs:
Pentium M 740
1 gig of DDR2 memory
Intel GMA900
80 gig 5400RPM hard drive
7 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
Windows XP Pro

I know its not the best, but its good for college. Plus now I wont have the urge to play a game or anything as I wont be able to play many games on it!

Oh btw that is the Titanium cover on the monitor half of the laptop. Sorry about the crappy pics. Only got a 2.0MP camera and had to shrink down the pictures so that they take up alot of viewing space for the low resolution users.

hey, there is something kinda nice about a widescreen thinkpad. Interesting, hadnt felt that way before. Kinda like it

sin01 said:
hey, there is something kinda nice about a widescreen thinkpad. Interesting, hadnt felt that way before. Kinda like it
Go take a look at one in Office Depot, theyre pretty nice.

lithium726 said:
Go take a look at one in Office Depot, theyre pretty nice.

Yeah they are. The thing is, I brought it out of the Lenovo Outlet store and this Z60t I ordered was suppose to have the 14in screen 1024x768 resolution monitor. Instead I got the1280x768 resolution monitor, not sure if its still 14in though, might be 15.1 but havnt measure it and cant tell by eyesight as this is my first laptop. Also, last I checked it wasnt suppose to come with the Titanium cover or the fingerprint scanner. So im loving every aspect of it so far :D

A2TheRizzo said:
Just another pic
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6928/dscn1363ez8.jpg
Inspiron E1505
Intel Core Duo processor T2050 (2MB/1.60GHz/533MHz)
15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screen WXGA
1GB, DDR2, 533MHz
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Microsoft Windows XP Home
24X Combo CD-RW/DVD
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

OMG PLEASE POST where you got those backgrounds for your desktop and laptop ! ive been looking for wallpaper like that forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remove IMG tags if you're going to quote a pic - odoe

Brand spankin-new macbook pro, put the 2nd gig stick of ram in it, and this baby is flying! I love it so much! New bootcamp came out yesterday/today and I downloaded it and now my webcam works on my windows side, its perfect for all my needs now :)
keyboard.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp1.jpg

installing / moving over crap on the first day
top.jpg

mouse.jpg

my new mouse - a4tech - x-710, has two side buttons and a dpi changer (who knows if I'll ever use that, but I do digg the two buttons on the side for games/extra buttons)
box.jpg

- Intel Centrino Duo @ 1.6ghz
- Nvidia GeForce 7600go
- 1gig o'RAM
- 160gig Hard Drive (2x80)
- Standard other stuff like DVD-RW, Wifi, etc.

Laptop.jpg

Friendlypirate80 said:
that hp pavillion is nice how much was it ? plays games decently ?

OH AND BTW if anyone can tell me where to find these desktop wallpapers i will be ETERNALLY GREATFUL PLEASEEEEEEEEEE! msged the user and nothing :-(

i still cant find them anywhere !

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6928/dscn1363ez8.jpg
It was about 2,000$ with an added two-year warranty and taxes. Play games pretty well. Only tried WoW and Half-Life 2 so far but I'm impessed.

Just got this.. and I love it.

notebook.jpg

Gateway M285-E Convertible Notebook

Intel Centrino Duo T2400
1GB RAM
80GB 7200RPM HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB
CD/DVD Burner
Bluetooth
802.11 a/b/g

Fun stuff... writing on the screen, especially. :p

Back