Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

inside.jpg

darkflash.jpg

That's mah dorm way back when I was still living there... ;)

Sniper|3d-R| said:
yes, its a 1wattt amp. It's worth the money when I used it all the time... now it just sits.. :(

Once defcon come around again, and the updates for the distro come I'll be using it alot more around vegas. :D

I power it on the adapter it came with + I've made a series of batteries with duct tape and electrical tape to make it portiable.
How much did it cost? And how much does it increase your transmitting/recieving range?

MY NEW LAPPYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asus M6BNe (super sexy and light)
1.6GHz Dothan
1GB PC2700 Micron Ram
40GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache (Samsung)
CDRW + DVD Combo Toshitba drive (this drive is loud and it sucks, but its the only 1 i could get)

Compal CL56 (built thru the stupidity of tigerdirect, they formatted my XP Home partition in FAT32!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!)
1.6GHz Dothan
1GB Kingston PC2100 Ram
60GB 4200 Toshitba HD (this HD is slower than any other 4200 HD ive used)
DVD-R (once again tiger direct chose a loud and obnoxtious toshitba drive, i hate toshitba)

the moral of this story is you DO NOT BUY TOSHITBA and you DON'T LET OTHER PPL assemble your lappy, DIY!!!!!!!!!!!

CL56M6BNe.jpg

CL56.jpg

M6BNe.jpg

I'm interested in the M6ne I JUST ordered one, and ma curious how you like yours? Thats too bad about the cdrom drive :( *sigh*. I have the exact same specs as you even the samsung harddrive. Anyways what do you think of her? Can I get some more pics out of you? Thanks!

klowngoblin said:
MY NEW LAPPYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asus M6BNe (super sexy and light)
1.6GHz Dothan
1GB PC2700 Micron Ram
40GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache (Samsung)
CDRW + DVD Combo Toshitba drive (this drive is loud and it sucks, but its the only 1 i could get)

Compal CL56 (built thru the stupidity of tigerdirect, they formatted my XP Home partition in FAT32!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!)
1.6GHz Dothan
1GB Kingston PC2100 Ram
60GB 4200 Toshitba HD (this HD is slower than any other 4200 HD ive used)
DVD-R (once again tiger direct chose a loud and obnoxtious toshitba drive, i hate toshitba)

the moral of this story is you DO NOT BUY TOSHITBA and you DON'T LET OTHER PPL assemble your lappy, DIY!!!!!!!!!!!

CL56M6BNe.jpg

CL56.jpg

M6BNe.jpg

Funny... Toshiba s1905 rev 301 going on 2 years old and 3 upgrades runs like a dream still

started out 2.0ghz pentium 4 40gb hd dvd-cdrw combo 256mb

now, 2.0 pentium M 60gb hd same dvd cd drive
1024 mb ddr

runs windows xp and fedora core 2 for wireless uses toshibas internal wlan minipci at home on the road it uses an orinoco gold,
P7270018.jpg

My laptop is a little broken right now so when i find the other half of it and get it fixed ill post a pic.

Vision864 said:
Funny... Toshiba s1905 rev 301 going on 2 years old and 3 upgrades runs like a dream still

1024 mb ddr

runs windows xp and fedora core 2 for wireless uses toshibas internal wlan minipci at home on the road it uses an orinoco gold

how did you upgrade a P-4 to a P-M???

This particular laptop has a Standard socket 478 interface and desktop 845 chipset, ebayed for the pentium m 2.0 dropped right in, updated the bios. so far so good

didnt help the battery life as much as i hoped, but then this notebook was not meant for the pentium M either, the Fastest cpu ive had in it so far frequency wise was a 2.6 pentium 4 that sucked down the battery so fast it wasnt even funny

My Sager 5690:

Intel P4 3.4ghz
1 GB RAM
ATI 9700 128mb
60GB 7200RPM HD
Dual Batteries
UXGA Screen

laptop_desk1.jpg

RogeR how long of battery life do you get from your dual batteries?
darkangelamd how is the screen on that laptop? That is pretty much the only thing keeping me from getting it

I get around 1hour and 30min of battery life using both batteries at the same time... That's using a internet browser and other normal operations.

winuser2000 said:
darkangelamd how is the screen on that laptop? That is pretty much the only thing keeping me from getting it

I don't have it yet, It will be here tomarrow, I'll let you know what I think. I was asking the previous poster about it. :)

Time for more retro goodness:

701c.jpg

IBM 701c, with the 'Butterfly' keyboard. Running Windows 95 OSR2, rock solid...runs AIM and mIRC for weeks at a time without rebooting in the dorm room, while I turn off my main pc when I go to sleep. 16 Megs of ram, but it's been upgraded to a 4 gig hard drive and I added the network card.

Cwllr said:
Time for more retro goodness:

http://www.nathanweller.com/t14/701c.jpg

IBM 701c, with the 'Butterfly' keyboard. Running Windows 95 OSR2, rock solid...runs AIM and mIRC for weeks at a time without rebooting in the dorm room, while I turn off my main pc when I go to sleep. 16 Megs of ram, but it's been upgraded to a 4 gig hard drive and I added the network card.

I remember working on those "fold-out" keyboards! As a PC tech I had to support several of those models many years ago. They are still awesome laptops to type on. It seems that IBM really knows how to build a laptop keyboard.

Vision864 said:

1024 mb ddr

runs windows xp and fedora core 2 for wireless uses toshibas internal wlan minipci at home on the road it uses an orinoco gold,
P7270018.jpg

I have the same one. :)

512mb and 40gb HD, Orinoco mini pci for the wireless.
Runs like a champ. 4+ hours just browsing (silent mode and long life settings), 3+ hours doing real stuff, 2.5 hours DVD, 2.5 hours+ Games.

Really love the silent mode (gets the cpu to about 1ghz from the 2ghz and saves power and well becomes silent :) ).

Runs linux very well (even knoppix).

Spectrumbx

i have to ask on knoppix did yours suffer from that nasty little boot bug where if you didnt feed it the -noscsi option that it would freeze, thats one problem that drove me up the wall when i was using knoppix-std on it.

once you feed it knoppix -noscsi works flawlessly (at least on my rev 301)

one other thing thats really nice unlike alot of books that lock out other brands of cards (even newer tosh) ive ran different types of mini pci wlan boards from one i tore out of a dlink +520, linksys WRT54g, somedamn broadcom msi thingy. funny thing i always end up going back to the orinoco based toshiba internal.

Vision864 said:
Spectrumbx

i have to ask on knoppix did yours suffer from that nasty little boot bug where if you didnt feed it the -noscsi option that it would freeze, thats one problem that drove me up the wall when i was using knoppix-std on it.

once you feed it knoppix -noscsi works flawlessly (at least on my rev 301)

one other thing thats really nice unlike alot of books that lock out other brands of cards (even newer tosh) ive ran different types of mini pci wlan boards from one i tore out of a dlink +520, linksys WRT54g, somedamn broadcom msi thingy. funny thing i always end up going back to the orinoco based toshiba internal.

Yes, I had the same issue. But feeding the -noscsi option to the boot loader did not bother me at all. I actually created a second CD and modified the boot loader with the -noscsi as default.
That was something that affected all computers with firewire cards. All my computers with firewire had that same issue.

We don't have to do that anymore though with the latest version of Knoppix.

The orinoco mini pci is the best. There are a lot of linux drivers for it. It think redhat or mandrake detected and configured it automatically when I installed the distro.
For windows xp, are you using the orinoco drivers or the one from Toshiba?

The orinoco drivers are much better. The problem with toshiba as all other laptop manufacturers is that they are slow if ever at updating their drivers.

I always use the latest drivers from the parts manufacturers.

I am also running on Toshiba bios 2.10. What about you?

Dell Inspiron 5100.
Pent 4 2.6
256 MB ram :(
radeon mobile 7500
30 gig hdd

prety new to this, but I got it for 300 bucks.
brother in law needed money desperatly to make a car payment...so I made it for him.
got that 5 year in house covers everything but me taking a hammer to it warranty. only thing I was impressed about was how easily Dell transfered ownership

lappy.jpg

p4 2.4ghz

512ddr 266mhz ddr ram
40GB HDD
radeon 9000 with tv out

15'' SXGA does 1280 x 1024

DVD/CDRW drive 24xcdrw

Floppy disk drive

4 x USB ports, infrared port and Parallel port

36small.jpg

got it sitting ontop of an akasa notebook cooler ..wouldnt run doom 3 before i put this under it ..now i can play it at 800x600 at med ..which is not bad for a year old card with limited dx9 support

not sure if you noticed but i need a better desk ..i'm getting rid of the wardrobe (seriously who needs one) so if anybody can suggest a massive desk i'm all ears.

another
uk.jpg

and anybody spot my wrist/cpu ? :D

this is my new toy, sadly the price dropped 200 bucks 2 weeks after i bought it.. i guess thats how things go.

p4 2.8
512 ram
60gb hdd
ati radeon 9000 igp
802.11b/g wireless
15.4 widescreen
24x cdrw drive

e3eb669d.jpg

1712ca5d.jpg

6613e045.jpg

aa087cbb.jpg

6956c1c4.jpg

8a60760b.jpg

bought this last week @ akihabara

p-M 1.3
256 ram
40gb
12.1" (1024x768)
shitty EXTREME video >.<
6 hours battery =D

DSC00390.JPG

My two, (no pics since my server died)

Dell Inspiron 8200
15" Ultra XGA
P4m 1.6Ghz
384MB DDR
24X CD-ROM (wish I had DVD)
Floppy (wish I had the 2nd battery)
Cisco Aironet 350 Internal Wi-Fi (Best internal wireless next to Orinoco)
nVidia GeForce 2 go
30GB Hard Drive

Dell Inspiron 5000e
Intel Celeron 600Mhz
128Mb SDRAM
15GB Hard Drive
24X CD-ROM (usually out in favor of 2nd battery)
External PCMCIA DVD-ROM (when needed)
15" TFT display (1024x768)
16MB ATI Rage Mobility graphics
Xircom 10/100 Ethernet

I have 3 batteries for that older Inspiron because one of the 2 I got originally was recalled. One of these days I'll find a screen housing from an Inspiron 8200 and I'll hack my Aironet 350 into it. My new job has me doing tech work for IBM and Dell so I may see if I am afforded some type of discount.

Here are mine,

IBM thinkpad X21
PIII 600
30Gb Hd
12.1"tft
Dell truemobile 1150
10/100 ethernet
ATI mobility 4MB

Asus M6BNe
1.6 Ghz Dothan
40Gb 5400 RPM HD
15.4" tft
intel 2200BG internal wifi
CD-RW/DVD
ATI 9700
10/100/1000 ethernet

Dubiousduo.jpg

Asus M6N 15.1" SXGA+
Intel Centrino 1.5GHz Dothan
512MB DDR PC2700
Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro 64MB DDR
Toshiba 60GB 5400RPM w/16MB Cache

m6n1.jpg

m6n11.jpg

m6n3.jpg

My Inspiron 9100 (specs in sig)
Top shot:
inspiron9100-1.jpg

Back shot:
inspiron9100-5.jpg

Opened:
inspiron9100-2.jpg

Keyboard:
inspiron9100-3.jpg

Orinoco Classic Gold and 5.5 dB antenna for wardriving :)
inspiron9100-4.jpg

What is the fasted spin HD in Laptops these days? 5400RPM? I wish they'd atleast have 7200s...

Back