Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

thanks, its a powerbook g4. I had to sell my desktop and compaq x1000 laptop last year to buy it. I had to get it because I am majoring in film. Although Apple is really nice I am gonna probably get an nforce4 setup when they come out.

ya cha cha said:
upload_242982.jpg

All I see is the Spymac image replacement :eek:

ya cha cha said:
thanks, its a powerbook g4. I had to sell my desktop and compaq x1000 laptop last year to buy it. I had to get it because I am majoring in film. Although Apple is really nice I am gonna probably get an nforce4 setup when they come out.

Dude, all I see is the spymac image. T'was a joke. :rolleyes:

broken_apathy said:
is.php

how's THAT for retro? that thing actually is pretty feature-packed, considering it was made in what, 1989? 8088, baby, with a HARD DRIVE! it has a built in modem too, and you can't tell (super-low contrast), but its on in that picture.

just for fun, i put it next to my comparatively new dell l400 laptop. nice laptop except the terrible rage mobility-m craphics.

is.php

fun stuff :)

edit: dunno why its not showing up right in the forum - i'm a n00b at forums

If you think about it... laptops haven't changed that much :p

Black & White High Res - Top

Click to view larger image

Black & White Low Res - Top

Black & White High Res #2 - Top Angle

Black & White Low Res #2 - Top Angle

Black & White High Res - Open Laptop

Baclk & White Low Res - Open Laptop

Black & White High Res #2 - Open Laptop Angle

Black & White Low Res #2 - Open Laptop Angle

Color High Res - Open Laptop

Color Low Res - Open Laptop

click to view larger image

here's my brand new IBM T42
1.7GHz Pentium M Centrino
512MB PC2700 RAM
14.1" 1400x1050 + Mobility Radeon9600
IBM Wireless Mini PCI a/b/g Atheros

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Stang Man said:
here's my brand new IBM T42
1.7GHz Pentium M Centrino
512MB PC2700 RAM
14.1" 1400x1050 + Mobility Radeon9600
IBM Wireless Mini PCI a/b/g Atheros

Hm..the 2378-FVU? That's the model I have :)

pat said:
Hm..the 2378-FVU? That's the model I have :)

yah, i had gotten the Intel 2200BG wireless mini pci, but i had thought the IBM atheros a/b/g would be better... needless to say, the Intel is much better imo, in terms of speed, range, and linux support.

btw, anyone try running linux on this? gentoo sucks, that's all i know

That 9200 looks awesome, but I don't see why they didn't make the keyboard bigger, there is so much space!

vapb400 said:
That 9200 looks awesome, but I don't see why they didn't make the keyboard bigger, there is so much space!
Yes, it's an awsome lappy for sure..
I wish that a num pad would have been added, then it would have been a badass biatch :D

heres my aopen 1557GL

Specs:
1.6 Pentium-M
512mb DDR PC2700 Ram
40gb 5400rpm HD
54g Wireless
SXGA+ 15in Screen
M11 Radeon 9700 128mb

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1188.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1186.jpg

Here's my Lappy

Laptop.jpg

Compaq Presario X1000
15.4" 1280x800
Pentium M 1.4
512mb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 64mb
Windows XP Home

Here's an updated pic of my Lappy in its new home (under my monitor)

DSC00138.JPG

It's a Dell Inspiron 8200 with Latitude C840 BIOS in a C Dock II docking station.

qpid said:
Picture%20062.jpg
Picture%20063.jpg
Picture%20064.jpg

my new sony s :cool:

Please for the love of god tell me that you didn't actually put those stickers on a beautiful machine like the Sony S series... :eek:

cc2096 said:
Please for the love of god tell me that you didn't actually put those stickers on a beautiful machine like the Sony S series... :eek:

All my laptops have had stickers, my ibook, my sony v505, my emachine 6811, I'm a sticker freak

desk1.gif

desk2.gif

Gateway 200X. I <3 my laptop.

1.4GHz PentiumM (Centrino chipset)
640MB Ram
40gig HDD
upgraded .11g wireless
DVD-RW

Mr_Evil said:
Here's an updated pic of my Lappy in its new home (under my monitor)

DSC00138.JPG

It's a Dell Inspiron 8200 with Latitude C840 BIOS in a C Dock II docking station.

what is good about using the C840 bios cuz i have the same laptop lol

I posted before, but I don't have (all) the laptops I had before...so...

IMG_0003.jpg

(in honor of the stickers comments above me...I have it there for when I'm at LAN parties...)

IMG_0005.jpg

And while it's not a laptop, it is the reason I sold my X30.
IMG_0004.jpg

(I just noticed how poorly the screens show up. Blame that on the black backgrounds that I use due to TightVNC's failure to remove desktop wallpapers.).

markt435 said:
what is good about using the C840 bios cuz i have the same laptop lol

The only benefit I can see to using the Latitude BIOS is so you can use Latitude Docking stations (which are much cheaper than the Inspiron ones on eBay). If I still had the Inspiron BIOS on the machine, the Laptop would balk and say it doesn't support the docking station (despite being physically and electronically compatible). Most Inspiron Port Repicators go for up to $100 on eBay, but the Latitude CPort and CDock can be had for under $20. My CDock II ran $15 (excluding shipping). The only other modification I had to do to the Inspiron was remove a small metal plate from the hinge cover that blocks the docking station's security hook.

Had to return my M3N. Great little laptop and nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't work for my needs. I'm thinking of selling my desktop and going for one of the following:

Sager 7620
Shogun (the new Uniwill P-M w/256MB ATI 9700...it's available from ViciousPC.com)
Acer Travelmate 8104

here's my new laptop :) got a great deal on it... specs: sempron 2600+ (64-bit) 768mb pc2700 (128 shared w/ video) 40gb hdd

laptop1.jpg

laptop2.jpg

laptop3.jpg

Just replying to let you know your images are down to us (EDIT, after replying one worked, but the other two are still errors)

does anybody know where i can get drivers for this laptop to use in fedora core three....i have been looking everywhere and cannot find them anywhere

jordantellier said:
does anybody know where i can get drivers for this laptop to use in fedora core three....i have been looking everywhere and cannot find them anywhere

Maybe you could ask in the Mobile COmputing Forum and not the picture thread :p

Back