your ideas.

Malikman

[H]ard|Gawd
hey were do you guys get your ideas for 3ds max and maya etc. and how did you guys start to learn and get experience?? :) thanks for your input.

Ideas? Anything, depends on what you want to design, if your going for photo realism just look at the world around you and try to mimic it. If you want to design something fantasy then use your imagination, a pencil and paper is a great place to start, and some good clay. Or many hours infront of the screen moving vertices and poly's around :)

Best way to learn, is just to open the program and start to play around with it. I found that the best way to start learning the interface. Hit up some online sites and run through a few basic tutorials to help get you some more interface knowledge. You can buy books. I have the 3ds6 Bible, rather thick but informative book.

Best way to learn is to just make something. By time you are done with something or halfway through it you already are better at it and want to go back and start over again. :)

3dsm and Maya? Yuck! ;)

I usually build stuff I see. Sometimes I make sketches of real houses and build them. The best way to learn how to model is probably to take something sitting on your desk and building it.

im still a nub at learning them both.

but practice is the key.

and other peoples work and tutorials for ideas. toys help a lot to. cause you have the actual object you want to make or use part of the design for. especially character models.

simplymax.com
simplymaya.com
pixel2life.com
cgtalk.com

are a few of the places to learn a lot from. i also going to school for it, but your not gonna learn everything there as the programs are so in depth that they cover only what your trying to get a degree in, gaming or movies, or design. some school might be more complete than mine.

asking questions helps, trial and error helps to, but sometimes you get stuck and man when that happens it sucks.

also florida libraries carry maya books, and training dvds and cds, its possible libraries in your area carry maya or max stuff. great way to save money as most maya and max books are $45 and up

I find video tutorials to be the most helpful.

There was a site that had a few tutorials on basically all the basics in Maya but it's in German.

Back