Your "Greatest" games of all time?

For me it has to be
Morrowing - Just couldnt get enough of the game
Oblivion - Same goes as morrowind
CSS- been playing since steam came out and still a classic go to game for me
TF2 - wasnt the biggest fan then got into it another go to online game for me
GW - jumped in a little late but still like this one cant wait for GW 2

Planescape Torment (Best story ever)
Baldur`s Gate 2 (Huge monsterbashing adventure with a good plot to boot)
Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and System Shock 1/2 (best of RPGFPS)
Fallout 1 and 2 (3 and New Vegas are good too)
Unreal Tournament
STALKER: Shadows over Chernobyl with Complete Mod (Incredible atmosphere in this game, only Amnesia: Dark Descent is comparable)
Operation Flashpoint (Arma 2 is worthy "sequel")
Guild Wars (great team game, frustrating with randoms)
Impossible Mission (going old-school here)
Last Ninja 2
Xenon 2
Hired Guns (Amiga, Tactical co-op, fantastic game with 4 players)
Populous 2
Tekken 3
Final Fantasy 7
Longest Journey (best adventure game I ever played)

Last edited:
In order of appearance:

Zork (all)
Elite (and Elite Plus)
Tradewars
Wolf 3D
688 Attack Sub
Quake III Arena
Diablo II: LoD
DDO

Waiting for Diablo III!!!

In no particular order

Zelda - A link to the past
Zelda OOT
Legend of Dragoon (I love FF7, especially the materia system but LoD was overall a better JRPG IMO)
Super Metroid
MGS

Its kind of sad that as a PC gamer when i consider my top games ever nothing from the PC comes to mind.

I could list several games, but one stands out to me.

Ultima Online, before Trammel

It was such an interesting world. Sure it was dangerous, but the inconvenience of getting PKed was grossly exaggerated. Since it wasn't an item based game, you just grab another suit of armor and supplies from your house and head on your way. The game had a real community, a player driven economy, and housing that wasn't instanced or lame. The world was filled with a variety of players with vastly different goals.

The Longest Journey
Grim Fandango
Dragon Age: Origins
WoW
Zelda Ocarina of Time

N64/Gamecube Zelda games
TES Morrowind/Oblivion
Knights of the Old Republic
Diablo 2
Secret of Monkey Island
Full Throttle
Demon's Souls

Console - Super Metroid for the SNES

PC (tie) - Everquest and Doom.

Both of those games profoundly effected my tastes and gaming choices down the line. While Super Mario Bro's is a very close second , nothing like it when I was a kid.

But the games I listed left me with grand memories that will never be conquered.

one of my first on the PC was LHX Attack Chopper in 1990/91... played it for hours every day, follwed by Gunship 2000.
then cam Wolf3d, and i got hooked on FPS games.
DOOM - all parts of it - the game which defined me as a gamer.
Quake
Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament
these were 3 games for several years of fun.
Later, i had less time for gaming. I liked Doom 3, FEAR, Crysis.

Less interest for consoles, the only game i've played more than casually was Virtua Fighter.

But overall, if i had to choose only one game, this would be Doom. I still play it, with modern sourceports.

The Duel - Apple IIGS
Star Control II - 3DO Probably my favorite of all time. I have three copies of this, one we wore out, one I still play, and one new in the box never opened.
Need for speed - 3DO
Zhadnost - 3DO
Killing Time - 3DO
Turok - N64
Zelda OoT - N64
Goldeneye - N64
Wolfenstein - PC
Diablo I&II - PC I keep waiting for D III

Off the top of my head,

Civilization 1 and 2
Diablo 1 and 2
Warcraft III
Morrowind
X-Wing
Tie Fighter

Diablo
Diablo 2
Mario 64
Battlefield 2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Warcraft 3
Banjo Kazooie
Golf (NES)

Probably a rather long list I will have but here goes.

Jungle/Urban/Desert Strike for the Sega Genesis
Sonic the hedgehog for the Genesis
LHX Attack Helicopter for the Genesis
F-117 Nighthawk for the Genesis
Bomberman 64
Mario 64
Zelda: OOT for the N64
San Fransisco Rush for the N64
Starcraft for the N64 (And the PC, but played it on the 64 first)
C&C on the N64 (And the PC, but same as SC... played on the 64 first)
Goldeneye 007 for the N64
Turok for the N64
Unreal Tournament for the PC
Battlefield 2 for the PC
Worms Armageddon for the PC (Played it on the Dreamcast as well)
Crazy Taxi for the DC

...can't think of any more off the top of my head but there are some gems out there that I spent hours upon hours playing.

Gosh this is tough.

Witcher 1 (still haven't played 2 yet) and Mass Effect 2 probably my favorite single player games
Team Fortress 2 my favorite multiplayer game
Guitar Hero 6 my favorite console game (the only game I play on console, lol)

X-COM UFO Defense
Pool of Radiance AD&D (SSI 1988)
System Shock 2
Quake 1
Half-Life 1&2
Neverwinter Nights
Kings Quest 3
Police Quest 1

Gotta give it to World of Warcraft. Only because it kept me focused on one game for over 5 years and i've had a blast.

Civil War Battleset : 5.25" diskettes, Tandy, omg this is a computer game!

Sim City 3000: ate days of my life

Shogun: Total War: crazy new scale to strategy battles

Starcraft: prob cliche in this list by now

wow so many others in this list lol

XCom: UFO Defense
Civilization Series
Elder Scrolls Series
Company of Heroes
Battlefield Series

In no particular order:

Longbow & Longbow 2 (almost any Jane's sim from that era)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Fallout 3
Battlefield Series
Rainbow 6 / Rogue Spear / Ghost Recon
GTA: San Andreas

Duke Nukems, Half Lifes, Dead Spaces, Bioshocks, Tomb Raiders, Portals, Dooms, Hold'em,

Ultima VII (God, this is dying for a remake).
Fallout 3
Freespace 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Unreal Tournament
Dead Space
Amnesia
Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl
Morrowind (although I'd say Skyrim is a close second)
Outcast
COD 2
System Shock 2

Mine are (in no paticular order):

Diablo 2
Morrowind
Dungeon Siege
River Raid (Atari 2600)
Borderlands
Total Annihilation

River Raid was what really got me started in gaming, waaaaay back in the day :D

I'm sure there's more than that, too, but these are what come to mind at the moment.

Final Fantasy VII on PSX. Thinking about or playing this game brings back a lot of fond memories from my childhood, not only from playing this game but also other memories.

Ultima Online - Best mmo ever, the early days, pre split-world/dimension bullshit with one open world, open pvp, We will likely never see any mmo like this again, at least one that actually has players.

It truly felt like the only mmo I ever played that was actually....an rpg, you know allowed you to play how YOU wanted, didn't foroce you into a themed park ride on a set class/lv experience or story, you could play good, bad, anything in between.

Myth II: Soulblighter - My favorite RTS game. It was truly the "Half life" of RTS games. The MP/community made the game so much more then any RTS I've played. You had a TON of great mods, from simple new maps/units, to complete conversions that changed the game completely, from a fantasy RTS, to Vietnam, to the wild west, etc.

However credit to Bungie, they had a TON of great mp modes that stood out, not just simple "deathmatch" but a ton of off the wall things like Steal the bacon, the deer survival mode (this was WAY before GEars of War's horde mode) and others.

The game itself is still different from any other RTS really, there's ZERO base building, it's just purely focused on combat an dstoryline, it had a great single player storyline and it was fully co opable, so you could do it with a friend.

Severance (aka Blade of Darkness) - IMO This game had the best melee combat system of any game out there, and it still does. No other game did melee combat so well, it felt so brilliant, the sheer control you had during combat. IT didn't hurt that the game featured a fully functional dismemberment system and things. It was also the first game (to my knowledge, even before doom 3) to have real time lighting/shadows.

Whenever a new melee action game comes out, I always compared it to this game, and no game has even came CLOSE to how good the game was in this game. If anyone is a fan of games like say, Rune, Die by the Sword, Mark of Kri, etc you owe it to yourself to check out this game. It is a little older and takes a little bit to get used to, but it's worth it for the combat.

It even features like 4 or so character you pick from (Barbarian, knight, amazon, dwarf) each of which has their own weapon strengths/equipment. Barbarian for instance is great at big huge weapons like great swords/axe/etc whereas the knight is more about a one handed weapon/shields (shields which can break during ocmbat if hit hard enough/many times). EAch character plays differently and each weapon has it's own special movesets, it was way ahead of it's time.

Syberia I/II - I can't just pick one, because they both tell a complete story together. To me the Syberia series is one of the best adventure games, excellent story, great memorable characters, etc. All in all it's everything a good adventure should be.

Sanitarium - Another older adventure game. This one is on my list for both it's story and it's atmosphere, the game sets up some of the CREEPIEST scenes/area's in a game imo. It's extremely creepy and can get under your skin at how creepy it is, especially the town with the "Children" and others. It just has this atmosphere about it that makes the game so memorable, not a game you'll forget ever.

Final Fantasy 7 << My first FF series that I finish!
Diablo 2
Command and Conquer Red Alert
Warcraft I, II, III

Yea def. warcraft for sure.. originals are always better than the 2 and 3rds of the game imo

Back