Votes: 16 7.6%
  • Uncharted 3

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.7%

• Total voters

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
So there have been plenty of new games released in the last month or so. Which ones stand out to you?

Rather getting into a huge "which release is best" flamebait thread, just pick and post about the recent release you've enjoyed the most or have had the most fun with.

Poll was limited to 12 slots, so I tried to pick the 11 most prominent games talked about here with a balance of multiplatform releases and platform-exclusives.

Last edited:
Call of Duty 3, we held a party to celebrate it's release and play some LAN. Not that I enjoy the game now that I got to play it.

My favorite game so far would be Skyrim.

I'd have to go with Skyrim... mostly cuz it's the only one I've played so far that's on the list :)
)

MW3 is laughable. Skyrim gets my vote. It's expansive and the environments are beautiful.

I haven't played it yet but I absolutely loved the first Batman game so I picked Arkham City. That was gonna be a day 1 buy for me but I had some unforeseen money problems creep up so Ill have to wait a bit.

Skyrim. There's just soooo much to do. Fantastic game. Haven't picked up BF3 yet, but its sure to be a close second.

I thoroughly enjoy Batman Arkham City & Skyrim. I'm having a tough time choosing one over the other...

A multi-select poll would be better for this I think

I voted BF3.

My love for it goes a little like this:

Work all day, get home, eat dinner, get text on phone "Where the #$%^ are you you #$%^ greasy #$%^ get in the #$%^ #$^!#*(!!!" - all in good humour of course, this is just how my one friend talks normally.

Sign on to battlelog, get the voip goin, bro out with bros, slice the pie on every room entry, defib ALL THE THINGS.

Even if we lose a round, its still a great time, because we're playing with friends... and we always blame our losses on our team hahaha. I should be goign to bed around 11pm at night, but with this battlefield schedule its more like 2am.

I would love to pick up skyrim and the witcher tho. They look hella fun. I'll get skyrim after the UI is darnified.

Gonna have to say Skyrim. I bought BF3 and played it for 30 minutes because of Skyrim, heh. Oh well.

I enjoyed my time with Arkham City the most. Though, my playtime was on a console :eek:

Skyrim. I played BF3 then it was like I was holding onto cookies and dropped them in favor of cupcakes. I really need to get back on BF3 though

I enjoyed my time with Arkham City the most. Though, my playtime was on a console :eek:

You're dead to me.

Had to pick BF3, waiting for Skyrim to get Crossfire support before I pick it up. Plus quite frankly I know that once I do get it, I won't be doing anything else for a long, long time.

You're dead to me.

Had to pick BF3, waiting for Skyrim to get Crossfire support before I pick it up. Plus quite frankly I know that once I do get it, I won't be doing anything else for a long, long time.

Don't blame me, blame the PC port being a month late (and needing a patch ASAP)! Though, I'll stand behind AC being a major improvement over AA. It's surprisingly well done, all the way to the end. Coming from a person that hates DC comics.

AS for BF3, I don't have it yet, though I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even had a lot of fun with BC2.

Skyrim - Well, it is fun. IMO a lot of the RPG mechanics are fairly broken and unbalanced. But, taken as more of an adventure game, it has solid points.

Last edited:
Don't blame me, blame the PC port being a month late (and needing a patch ASAP)! Though, I'll stand behind AC being a major improvement over AA. It's surprisingly well done, all the way to the end.Coming from a person that hates DC comics.

AS for BF3, I don't have it yet, though I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even had a lot of fun with BC2.

Skyrim - Well, it is fun. IMO a lot of the RPG mechanics are fairly broken and unbalanced. But, taken as more of an adventure game, it has solid points.

I just had to give you a hard time, that game is a very good style of a console's controls.

Hmm, that gives me even more reason to hold off of Skyrim. While I enjoy the adventure part, it is mostly because it is in conjunction with the RPG parts. Is this something that they have acknowledged, or will it be up to modders to fix?

I just had to give you a hard time, that game is a very good style of a console's controls.

Hmm, that gives me even more reason to hold off of Skyrim. While I enjoy the adventure part, it is mostly because it is in conjunction with the RPG parts. Is this something that they have acknowledged, or will it be up to modders to fix?

By broken, I mean there are several extremely overpowered skills, character builds that can be far more powerful than others, dragons tend to be ... easy, needs ini tweaks for the controls to be playable, race has very very little effect on how your character plays or progresses in skills (a wood elf can tank as easily as an orc within an hour of starting the game), UI is fucked. Otherwise, it is surprisingly unbuggy for a Bethesda game, and the environments and dungeons are far better than those in Oblivion. Combat is somewhat improved, too.

I'm expecting mods to deal with these issues, as Bethesda rarely patches anything but critical bugs.

A lot of worthy games on that list but I had to choose Uncharted 3. Awesome from start to finish and finally a game that looks great on my 3DTV.

I've been having the most fun with Saints Row The Third, so I'm going with that.

Hard to say, I'm now splitting time between Skyrim and BF3, since they are different types of games for different situations for me. Although I may slow down on Skyrim and wait for the patch next week, and play something else like DXHR, Witcher 2 or Oblivion in the meantime, not sure yet.

The game I'm actually most wanting to play is the one I don't have, Batman:AC. Not sure when I will get it yet. I'm still itching to get to play with the Creation kit for Skyrim as well.

I'm waiting for modders to fix Skyrim before I play it.

I read it has loot scaling. I like to play thief characters, so loot scaling is a huge peeve of mine.

I voted for Dark Souls.

Honestly, and it scares me to say this because of how much I hated oblivion... (Yea, hated. )

Skyrim. By miles. SOMEHOW.

I didn't even realize how much I was actually playing it until the other day and noticed I was above 65 hours... God knows what it's at now.

I'm waiting for modders to fix Skyrim before I play it.

I read it has loot scaling. I like to play thief characters, so loot scaling is a huge peeve of mine.

I voted for Dark Souls.

You don't need to wait.

I'm playing as a thief on the highest difficulty, and I rushed all my thief skills to max before my combat skills. There hasn't been any issues with scaling. The game isn't that hard, and being better at sneaking than combat doesn't take away from the fun of the game.

Just use the gold that you make from being a thief to raise your crafting skills (Smithing first) and make good gear.

Last edited:
You don't need to wait.

I'm playing as a thief on the highest difficulty, and I rushed all my thief skills to max before my combat skills. There hasn't been any issues with scaling. The game isn't that hard, and being better at sneaking than combat doesn't take away from the fun of the game.

Just use the gold that you make from being a thief to raise your crafting skills (Smithing first) and make good gear.

Protip: Enchanted Iron Daggers

Thank me later. ;)

I voted BF3.

Sign on to battlelog, get the voip goin, bro out with bros, slice the pie on every room entry, defib ALL THE THINGS.

Sums BF3 up perfectly for me.

Took a while to get used to the new feel of BF3, but now me and my mates are all settled in, it's really good.

I have to admit though, I've abandoned my medi-whoring days in the light of the fact reviving is now massively counter productive except in rare instances.

How the hell can deus ex not be on the list? easy one of the best games for me so far this year..

How the hell can deus ex not be on the list? easy one of the best games for me so far this year..

I guess it's not a recent enough release? It's not GOTY poll, it's a "best recent release" poll.

Voted BF3 because I have yet to buy Skyrim. Not say I don't plan on it, it's just a matter of time because I know for sure that game is going to ruin my life.

Skyrim should not be leading that list, that game was severely over hyped and lacks depth. Wheres The Witcher 2? :(.

Skyrim should not be leading that list, that game was severely over hyped and lacks depth. Wheres The Witcher 2? :(.

Witcher 2 bored me to death in less than ten hours.

Skyrim kept me from Zelda, Battlefield, and had me passing on a TOR weekend voluntarily.

Back