Your favourite current gaming mouse?

I had been using a blue laser MS mouse and keyboard which was fine for Windows operations but it would get choppy in D3 (only thing I play on PC right now) so I bit the bullet and ordered a Steel Series Sensei RAW in Frost Blue. It's fantastic, feels great and it's smooth as can be in D3. Best $60 upgrade I've done in a while. Highly recommended.

It is not a placebo effect; you are comparing an S6006 laser sensor (G5) to an A3090 optical sensor (Kone Optical Pure). The A3090 being among the few 'flawless' sensors available.

Unfortunately I didn't know the specific sensors so I appreciate you filling in the blanks for me. But yeah the more time I spend in games particularly FPS the more its apparent I was handicapped with my old mouse.

If ever you want to learn more about mice, my best advice would be to head over to Overclock.net. They are to mice what Geek Hack and Deskthority are to keyboards.

If ever you want to learn more about mice, my best advice would be to head over to Overclock.net. They are to mice what Geek Hack and Deskthority are to keyboards.

+1

that's funny you mention that site, after getting schooled about sensors in the post above my curiosity drove me to google about the sensor in my roccat and sure enough there was a dedicated thread to this mouse and tons of threads on different mice available with large discussions about them. Also some evaluation tools Ive never seen anyone else use for reviewing mice.

I've been using the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical since they were first released early last decade but I think it's time to upgrade as its DPI is really small at 400. So far I'm looking at Corsair's selection of mice.
DPI really doesn't mean much.

I have the new mouse and I'll partly disagree with you on the fact this mouse can change DPI on the fly. I have yet to really test it out but I think it'll help in FPS games though not greatly.
In general on the fly DPI has no benefits for FPS. Not to mention it will throw off your muscle memory.

Back