Your favourite current gaming mouse?

Recently got a new mouse myself since giving a deathadder black to my brother. I couldn't stand that mouse anymore despite really liking it originally. Anyway, I replaced it with a Tt esports Theron (the laser one).

I originally mocked it for looking kinda crappy but it fits my hand almost perfectly. At least, better than the corsair m65, mionix naos 8200, and the cooler master storm sentinel II that I tried.

I have really big hands and use palm grip pretty extensively so finding a mouse that worked with me was pretty tough. The Theron isnt that long but its tall and fairly wide. What's great about that for me is i can use the mouse without my fingers dragging across my mouse pad.

Build quality and quality control are somewhat of an issue though. I had to RMA my mouse to thermaltake originally for off colored lights and a scroll wheel that wiggled left to right (despite not having horizontal scrolling). Good news is they took it back almost with no questions asked. They even do an advanced RMA which I love. New mouse still has some very minor defects (dragon logo has a very tiny area that doesn't light up and the left and right mouse buttons aren't level with each other) but they're things I could fix on my own if I cared enough. Just hoping the mouse lasts for awhile. =]

No G400 users out there? I chose it over the G500 specifically for kz maps / jumping in CS 1.6.

Still on the original Microsoft Sidewinder (w/metal side buttons/scroll wheel and weights) Sixth year now. Even have one at work and a couple of spares for when this one fails.

Just picked up a Roccat Kone XTD as well to replace an MX518. So far so good, I loved the MX518 ergonomics and this is somewhat similar.

I've had my G500 for a year and half but the annoying left clicking wouldn't go away, Logitech sent me the G500s.

I've been using a Deathadder for about 2 years now but I might pick up a g602 this weekend. I like the idea of having more than 2 buttons on the thumb side of the mouse.

G500 because I bought it Re-Furb and it works used it for about two years now cleaned it out twice (taking it apart) taking out just took the mouse wheel out kinda tricky and the scroll works like butter now I can reuse the mouse feet too which I have moded Hotlines feet on Just cut out doublesided tape and it's almost like new =)

I've been using a Deathadder for about 2 years now but I might pick up a g602 this weekend. I like the idea of having more than 2 buttons on the thumb side of the mouse.

Once you do, its hard to go back. I use them in gaming, and also set macros for different commands when working in Adobe suite. Now most simple commands dont require me ever taking my hand off the mouse. Really convenient and speeds up my work.

No G400 users out there? I chose it over the G500 specifically for kz maps / jumping in CS 1.6.

G400s right here friend.

You are not alone in the optical dream.

I have really big hands and use palm grip pretty extensively so finding a mouse that worked with me was pretty tough. The Theron isnt that long but its tall and fairly wide. What's great about that for me is i can use the mouse without my fingers dragging across my mouse pad.

You may want to give the Brando USB "BIG" Mouse a try. For $21 you get a mouse that's 175mm long and 105mm wide. By comparison, the Theron is 124mm x 73mm.

Check out the Roccat Savu. That's the closest size and shape to the G9x I've been able to find as a replacement for mine.

It's probably horrendous, but don't forget the Alienware clone of the G9x.

It's probably horrendous, but don't forget the Alienware clone of the G9x.

Wouldn't really call it a clone, it's a direct rebadge with some LEDs. Also it's more expensive then the G9x, so I would forget about it.

Personally, my current favorite mouse is the Deathadder 3.5G.

i've gone thru a bunch of mice over the last 12 months.

-Logitech MX1000: 8 years, sensor eventually died.
-Logitech G700: 2 weeks, nice mouse, great scroll wheel, completely wrong shape for claw-grip and USB cord that's too stiff to use corded.
-SteelSeries Sensei: 1 month, another nice mouse, buttons and shape also completely wrong for a claw gripper.
-Mad Catz RAT 7: best shaped mouse for claw-grip i've personally ever used. it's not perfect but it's the best i've found so far.

My favorite at the moment is the Logitech G500S, but I'm on my second one now with a sticky left click, getting real tired of this shit. Had a 2011'ish Death Adder before that, and never had any issues, decided I wanted to try something else.

Anyone have experience with the Ouroboros, it's very slick looking, but I keep reading about issues swapping between wired/wireless, etc.

I will be the first not to recommend the mouse due to various issues but my favorite rodent is the Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro because of it's size, weight and spartan design.

i used a deathadder for years and years (still favorite mouse but mine fell victim to the same problem that was prevalent with the 3500 series.)

now i'm using an m65. i like it a lot, but i still kinda miss my deathadder. i don't miss having the problems... and really actually enjoy the fact that this mouse has given me none whatsoever.

Currently using a Logitech G700. Not exactly happy with it though, mainly due to the fact that the rough plastick-y texture doesn't do squat for making sure my hand doesn't slip around on the mouse, especially in the thick of things when my hand gets a bit sweaty (no jokes please).

While I harbor general disdain for all things Razer, I will admit that their DeatherAdder mice (which my wife uses) has a very slick and smooth plastic finish which aids my hand on the mouse like it was glued to it. This is a much more positive experience than the G700 I am using now.

Used the MSIE3.0 for years, then tried out a few different mice (CM sentinel, G700, mx1000) before settling on a deathadder until it started giving me double-click problems, then a deathadder black until it started giving me double-click and scroll-back problems.

I'm using a Sensei now and it doesn't fill my hand (palm grip) quite as well as the Deathadders did. But I do like the lighter actuation pressure and the on-the-fly DPI switch is a welcome feature, never liked having to flip the DA over to press the switch. I think I can fix the shape issue with a little thermoplastic...

Favorite is a Deathadder when it works. Which usually isn't for too long.

Favorite is a Deathadder when it works. Which usually isn't for too long.
LOL, ain't that the truth. If Razer built their products as good as they try to make them look l337 and "cool" they'd corner the gaming peripheral market in no time.

I've had a Logitech G9X for a while now, and it's been really awesome; very comfortable and reliable. I've handled the G500 and liked it too.

Curious to try the newer corsair mice though, they seem to be of similar shape to the G9X. Also lol@ the deathadder comment. They are freaking great from when I've used one, but seeing threads about them being messed up (not to mention seeing them on ebay for parts or repair fairly often) has always kept me from buying one myself.

Just got my func MS3 V2 and it's quite possibly the most comfortable mouse I've ever had in my life. It's wide enough to accommodate my entire hand, is sculpted damn near perfectly, and tracks well so far.

I got a Razer Taipan and I really like it. I'm a fan of the shape and lack of big buttons on the side.

ok so I couldn't have participated in a more relevant thread...my g9x's right mouse button is now fubar'ed. it was working mostly ok when I first posted in this thread, but now is worthless. I've been following suggestions here but haven't been impressed with anything yet.

what's the overall impression of the madcatz 7? does its mouse wheel click side to side? What about the corsair m65? I couldn't find that info on either, so I'm assuming they don't.

I'll probably end up searching for a g9x old inventory somewhere. it is the perfect mouse for me, and I'd greatly miss any single feature a replacement lacks.

I went to a tiger direct store to get my hand on some gaming mice. but they had limited selection, and nothing I was considering.

All-time favorite? Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

But... you can't really buy those anymore (I have no clue why Microsoft would discontinue such a popular mouse). I have 4 of them and I've worn them all out in various ways, so I had to find a replacement that was still in-production.

I ended up with a Razer Mamba 2012. Sensativity: 800 DPI, Acceleration: 4

Feels almost exactly like my preferred settings on the old IntelliMouse Explorer.

Last edited:
my m705 (not really a gaming mouse, but works for me) has had the same batteries in it for a year. They last a long time...

I'm using the RAT MMO7 and I find it quite fantastic with button layout albeit having some tracking issues initially on some surfaces(luckily it works perfectly directly on my desk).

I'm using the RAT MMO7 and I find it quite fantastic with button layout albeit having some tracking issues initially on some surfaces(luckily it works perfectly directly on my desk).

I've found that removing the skate that surrounds the sensor on the PTE R.A.T. mice seems to help with some of the tracking issues, esp. on glossy surfaces.

how long have u had it? any durability issues? Also, has anyone played with the new RAT Tournament Edition? It's a Rat 7 with an updated laser and fully plastic (instead of aluminum) chassis for reduced weight. I like the idea of the new, hopefully improved, laser, but it's soooo light. I like my mice heavy so they aren't as sensitive to movement when I dont want them moving.

I've been doing extensive online research and I don't think I'll be satisfied with anything besides a new G9x. I'm too accustomed to and take advantage of every single aspect of it:

• Shape - It's got a perfect claw grip shape with the skinny grip. This is why I'm so tempted by the RAT 7... this also leads to...
  • True claw grip- only the RAT series and the CM Storm Spawn seem to offer true claw grip ergonomics besides the G9/x. The M65 may be close, but it definitely appears to be a hybrid with its huge bump in the back. same with the Roccat Kona Pure.
  • Horizontal clicking/scrolling mouse wheel - losing this will severely impact my productivity (i use it to swap between browser tabs quickly, quicker than keyboard shortcuts)
  • Mouse wheel - The free scroll mode is perfect for web browsing and the ratchet/traditional mode is perfect for gaming. In fact the OG G9 and G9x have the best ratchet mousehweel feel of any mouse i'd used to that point (when I bought my first G9).
  • Logitech support is AWESOME. Simply the best in the biz (assuming u have a proof of purchase :D)
  • On the fly bi-direction DPI and profile switching - some of the gaming mice I've been looking at don't even support changing mouse profiles on the fly/on the mouse, and some only allow you to change DPI or profile in a single progressive direction (ie you toggle through a list of DPI setpoints or mouse profiles, unable to go "back" or decrease DPI without first toggling through the entire list). That's not acceptable when I have to swap quickly between a tank and on foot in BF3/4.

ALso, is it me or does this no-name brand mouse look eerily like the M65: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2J219N7307

The chassis looks identical, and it's even got the same aluminum on the front bottom. It appears to be a cheaper mouse in every other way, with no sniper button, cheaper looking mouse wheel, and a different sensor (optical). I wonder if they source the chassis from the same company

wow what are you guys doing to make mice fail so often? I game a lot and my g5 is over 6 years old.

Watch tho.. now that I posted this it will start kirking out very soon.. :p

G9x.
I am always afraid that mine will die, because Logitech doesn't make these anymore... :(

I have the classic logitech G9. My only fear is that it fails because logitech doesn't make them anymore. They don't even have a true successor :( Still going strong after 6-7 years!

I just purchased a roccat pure optical. I love this thing. I went from a G400>Deathadder>M65>Kana>Pure, this thing is perfect.

It's on the smaller side which I like for fingertip grip. The sensor seems to be very good. The macro software is handy.

Ive been using the MMO7 for quite a few years and like it so much i bought a second for another system.

Back