Your favourite current gaming mouse?

Tych-0

Gawd
I have a G500 right now, which I have been very happy with for the last few years, but it's been acting up on me lately. When hold down the RMB, it occasionally thinks I've released it.

I'm looking to get a new mouse now and would love to hear what your favourites to help me figure out what might work for me. I've never used a wireless mouse before due to latency, is that still a factor? Is there any diference between the gaming performance of high end wireless and a wired mouse?

Thank you!

G602 is my mouse of choice. I don't notice any latency on my end. It feels just as responsive as the wired corsair I had before it. Also I think Logitech has the best software in the biz. It's extremely comfortable in my hand and I love the way all the buttons are laid out. Definitely worth a look in my opinion.

I'm liking my G700. My cousin who uses the claw grip hates it though, but for me using the palm grip it's perfect. Better than my Roccat Kone+ IMO, and wireless vs wired seems to have no impact.

I use the G9 with my monitor and G700 on the tv. Both are excellent mice, but I think the G700 has a better shape to it for me, and being wireless is nice.

I've used crappy cheap wireless mice before and they just suck horribly for any gaming. The G700, or the new one the G700S are spectacular. I don't do competitive team gaming anymore, but I have played online for fun a fair bit with the G700 and it's still easy to rack up kills in fps games. No noticeable lag to me and no tracking issues. Battery life isn't the greatest, but a 4 pack of eneloop AA's and it's no worry. The cool thing is you can plug up the USB cable to it and it's a wired mouse again too if needed for absolute performance or charge while you play.

I've been itching to try the G602 as well. Don't think it has quite the stats of the G700s as far as gaming, but it boasts far better battery life. Although that's with 2 AA disposables. It can operate with one to make it weigh less, but then your battery life is halved, and probably further so if you want to use rechargeables. Would also require a battery charger as it doesn't use a recharge cable like the G700s.

Loving my G700s. Going to buy another for work. I use a palm grip and wear a large size glove. I can easily hit all four buttons on the side with my thumb. A problem I usually have with other mice. I can not detect any lag ether.

A few minuses though...

1. Battery life. It takes 2.5 to 3 hours in Stalker SoC till a full charge hits zero bars power in the Logitech software. I will be replacing the Sanyo Eneloop 1900 mAh battery with their 2500 mAh version to help that (hopefully).

2. The cord. The cord is too stiff. Playing a game with it connected is a NoGo for me.

3. Weight. I like lighter mice, so this one is on the heavy side. It's not to bad, but most of the weight is at the front of the mouse. It would be better if that weight was at the back of the mouse for me. I lift the front of the mouse and pivot on the back for my style of lift off.

I have an eneloop in mine I think, and mine easily lasts a day on a single charge, and often up to 2-3 days if not used often.

Even when mine hits 10% remaining, it can easily last another 3-4 hours of web use with intermittent gaming.

I use to have the G700 and I found that by taking the battery out and using it in wired mode made the mouse quite light. It was whole different experience after that. Granted I used a much thinner more pliable usb cable then the one that was supplied.

I have the Corsair M65, the G700 and the G602. My fav is the M65. The G602 and G700 are fine too but the battery life on the G700 (have Duracell rechargeable in it btw) just isn't that good. The G602 battery life is simply amazing. For that reason, I use it at work. The M65 tracks so well and glides amazingly that I use it on my gaming computer.

I use a G9x and dont see that changing anytime soon. I am interested in the new Steelseries wireless 1ms mouse coming out, but the price tag is ridiculous.

Had a Logitech G5 for 4 years, replaced it with a Logitech G500. My Logitech G500 finally wore out on me after about 3 years of use. I just purchased a Logitech G500s a couple weeks ago and love it.
Each time, I noticed either the right or left click start to act strangely. With the G5 it was the right click. Started noticing the problem when it was difficult to get my FPS characters to aim down sights. With the G500 it was the left click. I would notice it especially when using burst fire on weapons in battlefield where I would burst 5 times, but only 4 out of 5 actually have the gun firing. And I don't mean no hit registration as is common with Battlefield games, I mean the gun actually didn't show the fire animation and no bullets subtracted from the counter on my HUD.

TBH, I am amazed they last as long as they do. I usually put around 1000+ hours into each Battlefield game when they are released, and countless more hours on other FPS games in-between (e.g. Planetside 2). If I had to guess, I average about 15-20 hours a week playing FPS games so I am absolutely brutal on them. The mice last their warranty period, then they wear out. I get more than my money's worth out of them.

The Logitech G-series are the only mice I can find that have decent enough quality, precision, and fit my preferred grip without causing too much finger strain. I prefer a palm grip with the large surface area and high arch they have. Mice with more flat layouts cause my fingers to strain and I feel slower to react and fire...maybe because the high arch means my fingers are already slightly bent (albeit flat against the mouse) meaning less movement and force for the finger to register a click. Claw and fingertip grip mice cause a lot of wrist strain for me, so I prefer high DPI high sens palm grip mice. I have learned over the years to be extremely precise while only moving my mouse 1-2" for a full 360 degree turn. I guess it just came naturally after using shit mice at school for so long trying to be incredibly precise on CAD drawings. Since I am on a computer 12 hours a day (8 at work, sometimes 4 at home), having the most comfortable mouse is of utmost importance. If I could design a better mouse than the G series, I would probably make the arch slightly higher and slope the front with the left and right click even steeper than it is now. I know there are now more mice out there that fit this shape such as the steel series rival, but I went with what I knew this last time since my local microcenter didn't have much selection and money was burning a hole in my pocket.

Last edited:
I use a Razer Naga paired with a Logitech t650 on my desktop, and a Logitech G602 with my Surface Pro. Fingers crossed that the Naga doesnt degrade into runny pieces of sh!t like other nagas I've seen, but a few months in, so far so good.

The G602 is actually fantastic, the wireless dongle is tiny, and the polling rate can be set as high as 500ms. No rechargeable batteries but the mouse has a low power mode which reduces polling to 250ms. In 2 months of ownship the battery monitor hasnt switched from high to medium yet, with 9-10 hours of use per week. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
I'm still fully in love with my G500, though I wish it was a little bit wider. I still feel pretty attached to the idea of a wired mouse. That said the G602 is pretty tempting, even if I'm a little thrown off by the 6 thumb buttons, seems excessive, I think the G500 had it right with three.

Hmmm

I'm still fully in love with my G500, though I wish it was a little bit wider. I still feel pretty attached to the idea of a wired mouse. That said the G602 is pretty tempting, even if I'm a little thrown off by the 6 thumb buttons, seems excessive, I think the G500 had it right with three.

Hmmm

The 6 buttons Are pretty unobtrusive to me, unlinke the Naga where your thumb has no choice but to rest on at least a row of buttons. Once I got used to them, I found the placement pretty awesome.

I got the G600 a week ago. It's really nice. The buttons are fairly easily pressed in every game, not just mmos. It fits my big hands like a glove too.

Hmmm

You'll find useful things to do with the thumb buttons. I have the usual forward and back buttons, but also close and open new tabs, and show desktop and metro. Makes browsing the web and using windows that much better.

G700s for gaming at home, G602 for school/gaming on the go.

Tons and tons of awesome functionality with the g602, and I haven't changed the batteries since I bought the thing in october (I think it was october... )

Corsair M65.

Before that, Razer Diamondback Plasma Blue (still my all-time favorite mouse, R.I.P. :()

Well, I went with another G500. I figured the wireless just wasn't worth the hassle of batteries and that increase in input lag (however slight), and I couldn't find another wired mouse that was as appealing as the G500.

That and my experience with Logitech customer service has been great, their software is decent and already all set up on my system.

So I suppose I would recommend the logitech G500s to anybody looking for a great gaming mouse.

Keep the input coming for others also looking for new mice though if you have it!

Did Logitech ever come out with a replacement for the discontinued g9x? I'm still using mine after so many years but I would kill for an optical mouse with the same ergonomics as the g9x.

Logitech G602. Going to order 2 more for my other computers. Best mouse ever!

It's still a bit new for me, being a month old, but I'm loving the Roccat Kone Pure optical. I retired my G9x after it started having cord issues (3 years of service isn't bad) and wanted to check out where current optical mice were with performance; happy to say that after acclamating to the new grip I'm more than happy with it. From the build quality and weight to the tracking and switch performance it seems like a solid mouse and I'd put it up there with the old Logitech MX500 (not quite on par, but closer than most anything else I've handled recently).

Logitech G9x is great for "claw grip" I've tried razors but they feel too show-offy for me.

Razer Deathadder 2013...check that..

Corsair Raptor M45

Last edited:
Mice with more flat layouts cause my fingers to strain

Same with me. It feels really awkward to have the fingers forced straight out forward when fingers have a natural curve.

The only thing I don't like about the G500 is the thumb area --- Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the left side should stick out more (I've never tried the R.A.T. mice, but the feature where you can change that part to your liking must be really nice). Thumb hurts from using it a lot because of this. Also, when your thumb is resting on the thumbrest, only one of the 3 side buttons can be easily reached. I've heard people say it's the most comfortable mouse they've ever felt, but I've been using it for 1 year and I feel it's not for me.

Was really interested in TT eSport VOLOS, but I read that the xbox style buttons on the side are pretty out of reach of the thumb, defeating the purpose. Also have my eye on the Mionix Naos, it looks like it might be the perfect shape for me. Hard to tell if these have the flat design or curved...

OP, sorry I don't have a solid recommendation here, I just haven't had much luck myself ;)

LOVE my G602. Logitech's new design philosophy is really nice. The battery is truly the selling point though. I've left it in performance mode the month I've owned it, and the software still shows 3/4 bars on the batteries it came with!

I was concerned about the 500hz polling, but I honestly can't tell any difference between this mouse and all my wired ones. If you don't use ultra-high dpi settings (I generally always use something around 2000), the G602 is the best wireless mouse out there right now, imo.

I recently replaced a Logitech G5 that I had been using since 2007 shortly after it came out. While it still worked, the pads had worn out and it would stick and the scroll wheel had become quite noisy. So, I went with a Corsair M65 and have been quite pleased with it. It's comfortable and does what I need it to do, and glides so effortlessly compared to my worn out G5. Prior to the G5 I had a G7, but the charge it held was abysmally short. Prior to that was an MX-518.

I moved my mx518 to the office after deciding to jump in on a Mionix Naos 8200.

For a small hands guy, this takes some getting used to. It's curvy and wide, but if you like the customization of it all, this thing is pretty effing cool, and almost too responsive.

G9 still going strong after almost 7 years. MX518 now moved to server use, still going strong after 8 years.

Im still using my trusty MX518 but thinking about upgrading to something like a G500S

g9x. I had a g9 for 3 years before one of the buttons started misbehaving. called logitech and they replaced it with the g9x under warranty. Logitech has replaced no less than 3 devices for me under their phenomenal warranty and will always be my first choice assuming they have what I want.

My g9x buttons are also starting to act up a bit, so I may be in the market for a replacement. I don't see anything like it on logitech's site, though...what are they thinking?

I dont want wireless or palm grip. wireless adds lag and batteries and it's impossible to twitch aim with a palm grip mouse.

I dont want wireless or palm grip. wireless adds lag and batteries and it's impossible to twitch aim with a palm grip mouse.

Check out the Roccat Savu. That's the closest size and shape to the G9x I've been able to find as a replacement for mine.

G500. Cable doesn't fray on my glass desk's edge, scroll wheel and mouse buttons work perfectly and haven't broken, good tracking and options. Finish shows no signs of wearing off, this mouse doesn't build up hand gunk. Have a steel series mousepad and sometimes the mouse is a little hard to start moving initially (bad for trying to do small precise movements like in graphics editing software). I took out all the weight including the tray and it's a bit better, I don't notice it as much after getting used to the mouse.

I had a Razer deathadder black edition before this. The shape of this mouse in the hand was perfect, and the finish felt great. Problem is, it went to shit very quick. The matte finish on the left side of the mouse rubbed & scratched off leaving a shiny finish (which quickly gets dirty and feels terrible). The fabric cable frayed completely off where it made contact with my desk's edge. Most importantly, the scroll wheel turned into complete shit. Scrolling up/down = would go the wrong direction or not move at all. Upgrading firmware and software wouldn't help it. Never buying a Razer product again after that. Have had the G500 for almost as long and it's as good as the first day I bought it.

Regardless, I see mice as a consumable item. The clicking will get messed up over time, the mouse as a whole is going to wear out, etc. Some last longer than others, and so far it looks like the G500 will be that long-lasting item.

I wouldn't touch a wireless mouse. Batteries are a PITA I don't care how much of a charging system you have, make it hassle-free and stick with a corded mouse. Latency is really a non-issue... the gaming purists who rage out about polling rates etc might take issue but for general gaming it's really not a problem. Really boils down to being nagged about low batteries, and if you ignore them, your mouse dies while you're trying to do something important.

Back