Your Favorite Twitch "Gamers"

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
So who are your favorite Twitch gamers, and what do they play? No, "cam girls" don't count.

At the moment I really only follow a few:
  • Republic of Play aka DarrenTotalWar. Darren was a SEGA employee (Creative Assembly) from Dublin who did streams and YouTube videos for SEGA's Total War franchise. He left SEGA in August 2017 to grow his own YouTube and Twitch channels. He primarily plays PC strategy games (e.g. Total War, Stellaris) and often gets early press access to upcoming titles. Occasionally mixes in games like Escape from Tarkov and PUBG. Chill guy, funny community, somewhat right-leaning in his views and humor.

• Adron_FoE. This guy is promoted on hardforum when he goes live and primarily plays Hunt: Showdown. I've only been following for a few days and I've yet to see a streamer who's anywhere near as responsive to their twitch chat. Also the first streamer I've seen use Tobii eye tracking on the stream. Nice guy, super chill streamer.

• Ninjahund. He's a Danish streamer who almost exclusively plays Total War games (e.g. Total War WARHAMMER 2) in online PvP. He's an excellent player with sound tactics and theory crafting. Personally he's among my most hilarious streamers to watch because of his fits of rage and ranting. Very involved in chat as well.
If you're like me and ever thought "why would anyone watch someone else play video games," then I'm still sort of with you. I almost exclusively watch these streams on my downtime at work, where I've already chewed through my daily YouTube content and want a semi-interactive experience. Twitch fills that niche quite nicely.

Last edited:
Capcom Fighters is where all of the major Street Fighter tournaments stream from. Some larger events feature Tekken, Smash, Injustice, etc. so I'll piggyback on those similar channels, too.
That's pretty much the only game streaming I watch.

I watch a lot of Hearthstone.

Stuff I watch:
  • Omnislash - Stylized "Omni/". There are 5 hosts associated with that channel. Technically Omnislash is a show that is hosted by Brian Kibler and has a core group of HS players that provide content for Youtube. (Those players are: Brian Kibler, Firebat, Frodan, StanCifka, and Zalae). Other than on Omnislash, I don't watch most of them separately, except...
  • Brian Kibler - Probably the most entertaining HS player (either him or Disguised Toast). As a game designer and one of the highest grossing players in MTG, he really understands the mechanics of the game. But he really plays because he wants to enjoy the game rather than be hyper competitive (although he could be if he chose to). As a result, he often will plays absurd decks with intricate mechanics to essentially generate lulz. Commentary about the game is incredibly good, and even though he's playing a lot of meme decks, it's possible to learn a lot about how to play the game from him.
  • Firebat - I would say Firebat is probably my favorite HS player to watch right now. Really high degree of skill and his commentary is really great (as in, he really understands the strategy of the game and can explain what he's doing to counter, and also what the odds are).

If I run out of stuff to watch or the other people didn't produce a lot of content for that day, then I'll watch some Savjz, Thijs or Disguised Toast.
I may stop watching Thijs though, his reactions are over the top and kinda annoying after a while, but he is a great player.
Savjz is super solid.
Disguised Toast is probably the best combo player with the greatest understanding of the mechanics in competitive HS play. But he generally just plays meme decks rather than competitive decks on stream.

Stuff I don't watch or stopped watching:
  • Kolento - He's a great player, but no fun to watch and very just unhappy in general. Hard to understand unless you watch him. But the dude never smiles. All his jokes are sardonic and sarcastic. And he's super monotone.
  • Day9 - As great as he is in SC, he's annoying a lot of the time in HS as he goes on far more ADD tangents than I can generally stand. And despite his depth of understanding in SC, none of that has translated for him in HS. He doesn't really bother to think often times about what he's doing. People watch him more for entertainment value than for skill level.
  • Kripp - Is also not enjoyable to me to watch. He just generally seems like a jerk. Maybe he's not, but I can't shake that vibe from him.
  • Trump - I used to watch him a lot when I first started playing, but I've noticed that as much as he loves value, he often makes massive misplays and trades far too much. I used to think his sarcastic, psuedo arrogant personality to be great to watch, but now after a long time it just grates on me.
  • StrifeCro - I can't fully explain why I've stopped watching him. He seems nice and benign. But after a while his super soft voice got to me, and his explanations for why he was doing certain things in game I just felt were super incorrect. He'd play around cards that didn't make sense, and then not play around cards that did make sense. I don't know, I watched him a lot (for at least 6 months), so those are just the conclusions I came to. Obviously he has fans that feel differently. Just my opinions.

Other games:

I think the only other game I've spent time watching is Civ. For that I like quill18. He knows a lot about the game and the deeper plays in it. So I'd highly recommend him. The guy plays on Deity difficulty and Epic length all day and wins consistently (although I will note that it takes him multiple streams to finish one game, but at 800 turns, that's understandable). His understanding of the mechanics is really high level.

I don't watch any other type of game streams. I don't have an interest in watching other people play FPS'. I'd rather just play them myself. I'm also generally not interested in "let's plays". I've watched maybe 3-4 pewdiepie vids on Youtube to see what the fuss was about, and for me, that guy is super annoying. Props to him for making millions of dollars off his annoying personality. But it's not something I remotely enjoy.

Last edited:
Maximilian_Dood: Does a mix of games, but his bread and butter is fighting games. Generally a fun guy with a pretty good community. Despite how large his community is it tends to be pretty respectful.

Quill18: Primarily strategy games like Civilization, Dwarf Fortress, and so on.

StreamFourStar: Mostly whatever they feel like, but they do have a schedule for stuff. I primarily watch their Dungeons and Dragons group. They have a great group for it and its always fun.

GaLm: He also does a mix of games. He does very long streams sometimes so its hard to watch them all in one go.

Maximilian_Dood: Does a mix of games, but his bread and butter is fighting games. Generally a fun guy with a pretty good community. Despite how large his community is it tends to be pretty respectful.

Quill18: Primarily strategy games like Civilization, Dwarf Fortress, and so on.

StreamFourStar: Mostly whatever they feel like, but they do have a schedule for stuff. I primarily watch their Dungeons and Dragons group. They have a great group for it and its always fun.

GaLm: He also does a mix of games. He does very long streams sometimes so its hard to watch them all in one go.

Another Quill18 fan! Yay!

I don't watch streams often except when I'm working from home.

AvoidingThePuddle.. Tekken and other games
Summit1G... But he is being a real whiner lately

Random pick of games I'm playing like Destiny 2 and Elder Scrolls Online

I actually hate watching most female streamers. Something about most of their personality even when its mild turns into the ditsy "look at me" voice. Ive been watching a lot of pyroandy from Method play Pubg, Maximilliondood for his Fighterz coverage and Ms5000watts for her Destiny 2 and Monster hunter gameplay. That girl do some serious fucking damage in destiny and I hope to never be against her lol

Actually, I've only watched Twitch a few times. The knowledge that the cleavage girls are not going to show any more is annoying. Then I realize that everything about their chan is annoying.

Path of Exile - Mathil (unique builds that have broken the game several times) and Raiz (extremely good racer). But sitting and actually watching streams for long periods of time is extremely gay, imo.

None whatsoever.

The only animated game content I watch is part of a walktrough when I'm stuck, for the rest I prefer to play myself what I'm interested in, don't need to see others ruin the games for me.

I don't really get twitch. I enjoy gaming but watching isn't my thing. Only streamers I have watched are friends. One started getting about 15 viewers daily and then quit but he was never super into it. The other just started and his reactions have always been funny to us so hopefully he does alright. https://www.twitch.tv/sneakytaitv

Path of Exile - Mathil (unique builds that have broken the game several times) and Raiz (extremely good racer). But sitting and actually watching streams for long periods of time is extremely gay, imo.

No more than any other entertainment hobby. Especially considering it's free. And if you're playing a competitive game and you're trying to learn things, can be useful. Obviously you feel how you feel. But I think you're being at least a little dismissive.

None whatsoever.

The only animated game content I watch is part of a walktrough when I'm stuck, for the rest I prefer to play myself what I'm interested in, don't need to see others ruin the games for me.

Check what other people are posting. Most of us aren't posting streamers that are doing "let's plays". They posting skill based games that aren't story based. Like StarCraft, Civilization, various competitive FPS', Hearthstone, etc. There isn't a story to spoil in multiplayer or strategy.

I did also watch a HoTS player for a while (Grubby). Definitely nothing to spoil there in terms of story, but a lot to learn to compete.

I've been using my Prime sub on Shroud for several months now. The guy is so ridiculous at PUBG (and other shooters). I think he's entertaining too, but watching him on PUBG is like watching an artist at work. There are literally several moments each stream that make my jaw drop. I must say, I'm a bit jealous of his current income as well lol. He's up around 45k subs now, and people just throw money at him every single stream via tips...often times to the tune of several thousand dollars in a single tip.

I enjoy watching devildoggamer, super personable and he is very good at the games he plays so its enjoyable to watch.

I watch a few other smaller ones like techandjunk for ESO content and i like bigkleb for sports streaming.

I used to watch a ton of upper eschelon when he was doing the division only content just to learn gear info but now that we have both stopped playing that game his streams just arent as good

BurkeBlack for late night variety silly dude acting as a pirate type stuff. He's been hardcore into sea of theives lately.

https://www.twitch.tv/burkeblack

Bikeman can be funny, does a variety of games. Some of the GTAV Roleplay guys are pretty good at times too like Classypax, MrMoon and Thadrius.

I've been using my Prime sub on Shroud for several months now. The guy is so ridiculous at PUBG (and other shooters). I think he's entertaining too, but watching him on PUBG is like watching an artist at work. There are literally several moments each stream that make my jaw drop. I must say, I'm a bit jealous of his current income as well lol. He's up around 45k subs now, and people just throw money at him every single stream via tips...often times to the tune of several thousand dollars in a single tip.

I watch shroud too, I find his super dry personality to be extremely entertaining most of the time, plus his flick shots are ridiculous.

Shroud and ChocoTaco are my go to's. Shroud is ridiculous though...I seen him land in the school area of the desert map in PUBG (im terrible with names and locations in this game) and within 5 minutes, take out 10+ people without a sweat. ChocoTaco is pretty fun to watch as well and is pretty damn good. They both started teaming up in squads recently and thats been highly entertaining.

For me..these two are great to watch and from the background while doing other things. They not obnoxious or overly cuss for the sake cussing (not offended by cussing, but when your every third word is fuck and in a high pitch screaming tone...then you lost my interest and viewership) and do a good job on explaining there tactics.

Acmlm - Perfect for falling asleep to. He runs rather boring games like Dr. Mario, Sim City and Toe Jam & Earl. The lack of speaking with the monotonous music is easy to fall asleep to.
Arcus87 - Plays nothing but NES game. Is the most chill streamer I have ever seen. There is a clip of him apologizing for rage when it is anything but rage and it's hilarious.
Grimmybear - Pro H1Z1 player. Also plays Fortnite. Occasionally plays other games like Dark Souls. His reactions and narrations are very entertaining.
iNcontroLTV - Former pro Starcraft 2 player (Geoff Robinson), plays a variety of strategy games and hosts a talk show about Warhammer 40K.
LordBBH - Is playing randomly playing through every arcade game using MAME. IIRC he's approaching 1900 games played. Also does 1CC attempts.
Zoasty - Super Metroid speedrunner, primarily. Fills in downtime with a little guitar playing. He's currently doing attempts in Street Fighter II.

These are the ones I watch regularly these days. I follow a lot of streamers on Twitch, but some of them don't stream regularly or have disappeared entirely. I generally only follow streams that average less than 500 viewers. I hate people that do characters or act fake, which is what seems like a lot of the popular streamers do.

I watch a lot of Doc and HighDistortion.... always consider myself the oldest person watching twitch.

It's quite entertaining and much better background noise if you ask me than stupid crap on TV.

Back