Your favorite old school games

Birds of Prey was one of my favorites, played that game for hours and hours.
I still have it in its box. I think it's 21 years old.
I think this game as well as Combat Air Patrol above it used that Manual copy protection where it will ask you for a certain word on a certain page of the Manual before the games would run.
sgi.jpg

Yeah, I had Birds of Prey on the Amiga and loved it! :) Also, Star Control II had me hooked and Wing Commander 3 and 4. :D

Final Fantasy 3 SNES

Super Metroid SNES

Metroid NES

Mike Tyson's Punch Out NES

Kid Icarus NES

Thunder Force 3 Genesis

Double Dragon Arcade

are the best!

Uniracers was awesome
Day of the Tentacle
NBA JAM and Street for PS2
The Simpsons & Ninja Turtles arcade side scrolling beat em ups
FFVII
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Gran Toursimo 3
Battlefield 1942
Medal of Honor
FEAR

I'm looking at all the great games being posted up here, and I'm thinking i wasted too much of my childhood on sports games. I owned at least 5 different iterations of Madden.

Golden Axe
Gauntlet
Kung Fu Master
Rampage
Ghost N Goblins
Galaga
Contra

all the games that i can think of atm.

Longbow Apache, Wing Commander, Motor City Online, Star Wars Tie Fighter, Half Life, and Doom

Mario games
Zelda Games
Street Fighter Series
Diablo
Outlaws
Q3 (crazy that this is now old school)

Dungeon Siege. I played the hell out of that wonderful game. It was described as "Diablo II on Crack". :D

Starsiege: Tribes

The latest FTP one wasn't horrible, and I thought it was actually pretty well done, but AFAIK its dead now:(

Pillar of Eternity

Ultima Online is my hands down favorite

also like Dark Age of Camelot

This list is always a tough one for me, but I've been thinking about getting roms of these particular old school games to play again:

Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage

Vector-Man

Power Rangers: The Movie

Hardball 3, NFL 2K(Dreamcast), Syphon Filter 1 and 2, NBA Jam, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Sonic Pinball, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Goldeneye, Crash Bandicoot, Silent Hill, Doom, X-Files(PS1), Resident Evil.

These are just a handful that came to my mind.

Back