Your Extreme 975 Intel Core i7 3.33 GHz Quad-Core (BX80601975) IS HERE!

The1stCAV

[H]ard|Gawd
Selling a well loved and barely used LGA 1366 Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Processor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181109907329?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This was originally running in Frank N Stein until Upgrading to the 990X. At which time I was having issues I was troubleshooting so I RMA'd this CPU (which come to find out the CPU originally was fine) and Intel sent me this one back as an RMA CPU. It sat in storage until about 6 months ago when I put it in my daughters PC to use.

She barely ever used her PC and when she did it was the normal web surfing/email thing - so I finally purchased a 920 to replace this with and now selling this. I would rather someone else be able to tap the power of the unlocked multi- higher QPI,l more Cache, etc than say the more popular 920 many people bought.

This also comes with the original box, CPU cooler and PCI bracket.

PRICE: $299 OBO
PAYMENT: PayPal
HEATWARE: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63019

975001.png

975002.png

975003.png

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No offense dude but you're asking too much for this. A 3770k is cheaper than this and much faster and cooler. Heck even a sandy bridge eee is way cheaper.

With four processing cores, the multitasking monster Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Extreme processor delivers fourfold the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. The powerful processor delivers serious performance on the ultra-demanding games of today and tomorrow. The innovative 45nm quad-core technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.

I bet my 3630QM is on par with this chip, that price is too rich for my blood.

GLWS though

Yea, the only real benefit is the unlocked multiplier..The extra cache and QPI speeds really don't make it any better then a 920/930..You can easily get a used 970/980/980X for the same price, which will blow this outta the water..I sold my I970 with an Asus Rampage II MB for $330 over a year ago..I think you *might* be able to squeeze $150-200 tops on eBay..

Searching closed, recent, ebay auctions (I always do before listing anything), they've recently sold for $250-300 so the price is a little high but not outrageous.

Searching closed, recent, ebay auctions (I always do before listing anything), they've recently sold for $250-300 so the price is a little high but not outrageous.

Hmm, I tried to search ebay closed to find these - so you are saying they normally go for $250-300? Interesting, all I could find was the $600 range, so priced below that to sell.

Will adjust the pricing then - would rather sell this than have it sit. Thanks for the info.......

People can list things for whatever price they want, the closed auctions listed with a green color text are the ones that actually sold though. All the others in red had no buyer.

I had a 3770K. Didn't like it, went back to my 980X :)

3570 doesn't have unlocked multipliers. Some people are content with their LGA1366 setups.

The i7-975 is on par with an i5-3570k, and the latter is $220 brand new on Amazon right now.

True - but lets see you drop that in a LGA 1366 board.

Everyone wants to talk about how the latest chips are at X price - Hello? Are you not factoring in the hardware upgrades it takes to buy that chip? Motherboard and RAM are two things necessary. Many users out there would benefit greatly by upgrading CPU over the whole system - thus why this 975 Extreme is more than worth its price.

Sure you could get a 3570 right now, if you also purchased the motherboard and RAM to go along with it - or you could still be on par with that 3570k simply purchasing a great priced 975 Extreme. :D

lmao Mr34727 - only because I was running a 990X when I got it froma RMA, or it would have been OC'd lol.

No offense dude but you're asking too much for this. A 3770k is cheaper than this and much faster and cooler. Heck even a sandy bridge eee is way cheaper.
dude I did not know you were the official "lets crappy" the thread guy. If you don't like the price then move along and go buy a 3770K. Don't feel responsible to point out prices on threads dude

dude I did not know you were the official "lets crappy" the thread guy. If you don't like the price then move along and go buy a 3770K. Don't feel responsible to point out prices on threads dude

Try reading post number 7 and STFU.

Good luck with sale, OP! the 9xx series of chips is amazing.

True - but lets see you drop that in a LGA 1366 board.

Everyone wants to talk about how the latest chips are at X price - Hello? Are you not factoring in the hardware upgrades it takes to buy that chip? Motherboard and RAM are two things necessary. Many users out there would benefit greatly by upgrading CPU over the whole system - thus why this 975 Extreme is more than worth its price.

Sure you could get a 3570 right now, if you also purchased the motherboard and RAM to go along with it - or you could still be on par with that 3570k simply purchasing a great priced 975 Extreme. :D

Bet, you go cav :)

I use the same and the price is lower

The auction is over, the CPU sold, but I have to know - WTF are you saying? What relevance does your post provide in this thread anyway? Just curious as you felt the need to post, I felt compelled to ask......... :eek:

Glad you sold her Cav..I think that is a pretty good price you fetched for it..Can't wait to see Frank's upgrades..

Back