Your Car May Soon Serve You Ads

I create my own things to listen to. A CD, or a USB stick of music - or a good audio book. Heaven forbid if they figure out how to interrupt that with an ad now and then !!!

It would be great if there was an "advertisements" fuse on the car just for lulz. A big 50A one in the underhood block. Lol but yeah it's not 1995, cars run everything thru a PLC essentially so that trick isn't working without affecting a bunch of other shit.

Sad thing is the guy that came up with this idea has probably already got 3 promotions and 5 raises over it.

Last edited:
I create my own things to listen to. A CD, or a USB stick of music - or a good audio book. Heaven forbid if they figure out how to interrupt that with an ad now and then !!!
whats a CD?

whats a CD?
My car can play audio CD's. Not MP3's or FLAC's or anything else. Just Redbook CD's.

This isn't a big deal, really. I drove my car for 2 or 3 years with a locked radio due to a battery change. The only thing I missed was the clock on the radio.

Beginning to think that my 1975 Chevy pickup maybe one of the few vehicles still moving after the great malware incident of 2026 kills all the network connected vehicles.

good luck adding ads to this :cool:

image.jpeg

And when the bend over and take it in the ass crowd saying shit like "well, it will save me money, I won't mind seeing ads, I'll just ignore them" shows advertiser and other corporate companies that they appreciate the amount of lube offered, it will become ads with small fees for services, then ads with the same fees for services that you thought were eliminated when you accepted the ads in the first place. God this shit disgusts me!

My car will never serve ads because I wont buy one that does, and Im sure most other people won't either...this "tech" is not going anywhere

I sure the fuck hope so, I'm glad there is at least two of us.

GTFO! We seem to have a GD ads disease. First it ruined cable, then the Internet now cars. Houston we have a problem, this shit has to be toxic to society.

Reactions: PaulP
like this
this eventually leads to corporate ownership of all cars, which are then leased to you for a nominal fee in exchange of ads, ads , ads and in car purchases.

damn, the future is scary.

like this
I use waze to spot cops while I drive via a tablet mounted to the dash. Whenever I stop I get an ad for random stupid crap like Arby's or Ikea in my area. There's no audio or video, just a banner, which quickly goes away once I start driving. I'm ok with this since Waze is free and it does give me the advantage of real-time traffic + seeing where all the police reports are. Obviously this system is rife with opportunity for abuse going forward, but then again if you're getting something for free what can you say?

I see this as a natural progression in the face of driverless cars. The car drives you to your destination and you can sit by enjoying the ride and thinking about the deeper meanings of life? NEGATIVE; you will be bombarded by ads from several built in screens in the vehicle whole time. And unfortunately to get this model car you signed up for this to knock 10% of the price.

I already see ads at the gas pump. Why can't we have a society where the good products don't need ads, they just sell?

like this
I will have to pick my next vehicle very carefully. It may be my last if this retarded shit goes down.

Fucking NOPE^2 ....... I also don't want internet services connected directly to my car, since car manufacturers have proven they are incompetent when it comes to security.... "Let make sure our internet connected infotainment device is not separated from the cars Bus".... what could go wrong.....

will not buy or I will hack it to remove it if it is forced...

Good luck with that.

States with inspections will be mandated to enforce the DMCA on your vehicle, hack your Adware on your car, get your emissions sticker then get arrested for copyright violations. Welcome to the future!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who said HELL NO!!! I'm so sick of ads! I was paying $60 a month for the cable portion of my cable bill. Then I realized WTF why are there ads? Ads on cable TV stations, ads on the On Demand, why the hell am I paying good money to spend time watching ads? That's double dipping, I pay for the content by subscribing to cable TV there shouldn't be ads too... Needless to say, I have nearly cut the cord, just can't give up my local NFL games... So now I pay $30 a month to be advertised to during football season.

Back