your 7900GT oc's!

Jason711

Supreme [H]ardness
share!
mine is at 595/1600

whats a good way to test for artifacts in windows?

My XFX 7900GT Extreme 520/1500 version does 540/1750 stable so far. I hope I can get another 20-30MHz on the core.

pxc said:
My XFX 7900GT Extreme 520/1500 version does 540/1750 stable so far. I hope I can get another 20-30MHz on the core.

Someone at xtremesystems.org forums has his at 565/1800, with more headroom to come on the RAM... you should be able to swing it with a bit of luck :)!

My results will come soon... UPS needs to hurry up! Scheduled delivery of Friday, but it's already in transit to my state, so it may come tomorrow :D !

Jason711 said:
share!
mine is at 595/1600

whats a good way to test for artifacts in windows?

That weird-named tool RHITRBL or something is good, but the BEST way is definitely to scan by eye for artifacts during runs of 3dmark and game timedemos, or just while playing.

what are you guys using to OC??? I am not digging coolbits. it barely overclocks my 7800 gt's.

Use systool. They sky is your limit, oh, maybe a crash would come before.

hehe.. he didn't ask in Latin...but I think he means post your stable gaming max OC.. :) (not factory numbers, your numbers)

Powerstrip is a great tool for overclocking, and it's also good for HTPCs as it lets you do all kinds of custom resolutions and refresh rates too.

why not make a topic about all overclocks on the new products??? Not everyone bought a GT you know :) Even us poor folks with our 7600's need love. Either way my BFG is running at 615/795 stock is 560/750 if anyone can confirm that the new artic cooling accelero will fit on the 7600gt I might go that route and try to take both to the "next level"

psychoace said:
why not make a topic about all overclocks on the new products??? Not everyone bought a GT you know :) Even us poor folks with our 7600's need love. Either way my BFG is running at 615/795 stock is 560/750 if anyone can confirm that the new artic cooling accelero will fit on the 7600gt I might go that route and try to take both to the "next level"

They aren't the same card or even the same model basically. Make one for them if you want, but they aren't directly comparable in overclocking to the 7900GTs.

to put it simply, its a different core. most likely it will OC to different speeds. and thus, isnt that comparable.

I honestly think the best 3d app to test for artifacts is NVIDIA's Luna Demo
try it

Jason711 said:
to put it simply, its a different core. most likely it will OC to different speeds. and thus, isnt that comparable.

I thought my explanation was simpler :p :) !

GoldenTiger said:
They aren't the same card or even the same model basically. Make one for them if you want, but they aren't directly comparable in overclocking to the 7900GTs.

Never said i was comparing my clock to your clock I know my 7600 wont run as well as the 7900gt no matter the oc. It would just be nice to have a topic where others can post there oc's and not just be an elitest pissing contest. Instead of making 1 topic for 7900gt and 1 for 7600gt and 1 for 7900gtx why not just have a big one for all so us 7600's topic wont get lost because only 7600 users will look at it.

its not just a pissing contest.. it is information. and this way, it keeps it simpler. instead of having to weed through and see results from other cards, we see one and compare. and from that info we can get a good judge on the limits of these particular cores.

i understand where you are coming from though. :)

psychoace said:
why not make a topic about all overclocks on the new products??? Not everyone bought a GT you know :) Even us poor folks with our 7600's need love.
That would be pretty messy.

You could always click
newthread.gif
and make a 7600GT overclocking thread.

have since backed my clocks down to 575/1590.

running RTHDR windowed my core tops out at around 82C. and the idle temp after shutting down the app is about 55C.

I can't even get past 525/1400 ...... What am I doing wrong? (7900GT's in SLI [EVGA])

I must have picked up a dog. My XFX 7900gt (520/1500 stock clocked) tops out at 540/1600 on water with no sinks on the memory. I can tell you that stock heatsink and fan is a tiny piece of shit, Nvidia did a bang up job on this chip that they can get away with such a pos hsf.

yeah, when i looked at it during the installation it didnt seem up to par with the 6800GS's sink. i think i need to get a new sink... 82 seems pretty warm, not to mention that its basically a 30C rise in temp.

RexPokinghorn said:
One question: For SLI using coolbits, does the value alter BOTH cards?

SLI requires that both cards have the same clockspeeds. By that logic, I would say it's safe to assume that it overclocks both cards.

Bona Fide said:
SLI requires that both cards have the same clockspeeds. By that logic, I would say it's safe to assume that it overclocks both cards.
Cool.

I'm running 555/1610 right now

My XfX UDF7 (475/1.37) stock does 526/ 1804 on detect optimal settings (coolbits) with the stock HSF. When I watercool it later, I will see what/ if that improves the max setting some more :)

XFX 7900GT Extreme over clocked to 575/1800 right now have benched and played call of duty 2 no problems yet. Load temps are about 65

I have the same XFX Xtreme version and I'm running at 560/1630. Temp never goes above 40C with the maze4 waterblock on it. Overall I'm pretty happy with this card, and I never used the tiny heatsink so I have no idea what my temps were before the watercooling.

Bona Fide said:

Early SLI with the older driver would only run if you had 2 card same MFG, BIOS revision, and clock speeds...

The newer drivers allow SLI to be ran with difrent brands, diffrent BIOSs and diffrent clock speeds. So no SLI dose not require the same clock speeds, and no the drive dont chance the clocks to make them the same.

I(illa Bee said:
Early SLI with the older driver would only run if you had 2 card same MFG, BIOS revision, and clock speeds...

The newer drivers allow SLI to be ran with difrent brands, diffrent BIOSs and diffrent clock speeds. So no SLI dose not require the same clock speeds, and no the drive dont chance the clocks to make them the same.
So wait, coolbits only alters the clock frequencies for one video card?

How do I get it to alter the other, or both?

Back