You think this is salvageable? lol.

friend of mine had someone bring that to him due to "overheating" problems. *faint*

Does it atleast have thermal grease on the core? Yeah I'd say that the CPU is salvagable but the board I'm not sure.

since most thermal paste is nonconductive it should be salvageable. just wipe it off and it should be fine.

honestly tho, i see little point in fixing it. a person dumb enough to do that is just going to blow it up some other way. ESO all the way

That is actually not that odd looking. If you use a phase-change system, many of the instructions tell you to completely coat the entire socket with nonconductive/capacitive grease to help prevent condensation. Although something tells me that guys didn't have a vapo setup if he was complaining about temps ;)

Kanati said:
That is actually not that odd looking. If you use a phase-change system, many of the instructions tell you to completely coat the entire socket with nonconductive/capacitive grease to help prevent condensation. Although something tells me that guys didn't have a vapo setup if he was complaining about temps ;)

Maybe he installed a Pelt upside down?

Back