You Sunk My Battleship!

Did you happen to read the accompanying article at all? What I think is irrelevant, but the movie's director, Peter Berg, seems to think so.

"The core of the game is this very violent component, which is a great engine for a movie." 

Funny enough, Berg also made a movie in high school based on the game Stratego. And soon enough we'll all know for sure if Battleship ultimately hits or sinks.

Uhm... this has no relation to the board game whatsoever and I hope you are joking thinking it's in any way related...

I'll go see it. Looks like it'll be good with a nice sound system.

Liam makes me groan, but otherwise, not horrible. I've probably seen much worse.

Looks cool, but why the name? That's just dumb if it has nothing to do with it.

I want to see a Monopoly movie where 6 people bare knuckle fight over who gets to be the racecar.

:eek: oh my gawd Chuck Norris is in the Expendables 2 #$$#^@#^%&#@ :eek:

Battleship director Peter Berg:
"(in the game) I have figured out where he is and I try to kill him as violently and quickly and brutally as I can. He's going to get desperate and try to find where I am and kill me. The core of the game is this very violent component, which is a great engine for a movie." 

If he wants to do a movie with a violent core and based on a game, how about...
Razorback 2: Hungry Hungry Hippos

more like Battleshit.

who the fuck thought rihanna could act, even in a movie that requires no acting ?
It's painful to watch her speak her lines.

who the fuck thought rihanna could act, even in a movie that requires no acting ?
It's painful to watch her speak her lines.

Their marketing team, of course. This will be a huge deal to her, though, since it makes her a real actress now.

Can just see all the kids now: "omg she wuz so amazing in transformers 2k12"

Oh, and it really does remind me of Crysis 2.

one name sums it up... Mother fkin' Liam Neeson. Enough said. I pay for the movies he plays in.

Anyone who thinks that Battleship the game involves "killing violently and brutally" has a screw loose.

Pretty much. I'm going to see it because Liam's a pretty good actor.

Judging from the previews it seems that Liam's character gets killed pretty early in the film. He may only have a minor role in this one.

I call this one a huge stretch.

That, and battleships haven't been the tactical advantage for years. Aircraft carriers took that a long time ago.

Well.. err.. at least it has Alexander Skarsgård. :)

Can't wait for the Connect Four reboot.

That looks more like BattleShots... :D

That is what it's called.

Anyway...What did I just see? What does this have to do with Battleship? Liam Neeson + Eric from True Blood + Rihanna + Aliens? The fuck? :confused:

Judging from the previews it seems that Liam's character gets killed pretty early in the film. He may only have a minor role in this one.

Eh, he died in Episode 1 of Star Wars too but not til the end. :-P

Would have been a pretty good movie if it wasn't so focused on Pod Racing and Jar Jar Binks and extremely unlikely scenarios (a 9 year old blew up a Federation ship from inside while lifelong professionals cannot?).

Anyways, Liam himself was a pretty damn good Jedi in Episode 1 and Scottish rebel in Rob Roy.

Liam Neeson is typecast. He might be a good actor, but you can't tell from the last several years of movies, because he's the same character in all of them.

Eh, he died in Episode 1 of Star Wars too but not til the end. :-P

Would have been a pretty good movie if it wasn't so focused on Pod Racing and Jar Jar Binks and extremely unlikely scenarios (a 9 year old blew up a Federation ship from inside while lifelong professionals cannot?).

Anyways, Liam himself was a pretty damn good Jedi in Episode 1 and Scottish rebel in Rob Roy.

Liam is a very good actor, and as someone else said, with his roles being the same, he had alot of tough times over the last couple years and went a little darker and kind of decided to stay there for a bit.

Taken was a great film.

Oh dont forget one of his first roles too: Krull

I really liked Neeson as Rā's al-Ghul in Batman Begins, though there wasn't much to him in that movie.

Oh dont forget one of his first roles too: Krull

Yes! I have loved that movie since I was a child. Very good fantasy adventure movie. I had the Atari 2600 game back then also, heh.

On a side note, why isn't this a Michael Bay movie?

Watched the trailer. Had aliens and shit getting blown up. Seemed loud. Will probably see it. If you disagree with my sentiment you can probably still rent Bridges Over Madison County.

Watched the trailer. Had aliens and shit getting blown up. Seemed loud. Will probably see it. If you disagree with my sentiment you can probably still rent Bridges Over Madison County.
If you are going to ridicule people, at the very least, get the name of the movie correct.

"The Bridges of Madison County"

And no, I have not ever seen it.

If you are going to ridicule people, at the very least, get the name of the movie correct.

"The Bridges of Madison County"

And no, I have not ever seen it.

idiocracy%20justin%20long.jpg

Hmm Iowa class battleship (Missouri, New Jersey, Iowa, and Wisconsin) has been out of active service since '97.

Why does the movie look like it turns into Crysis towards the end, and why is the exosuit looking guy borrowed from GI Joe?

Back