You Mad Bro? (checkout this guy, beware I guess?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Man

[H]ard|Gawd
So this guy contacts me for after I had opened a thread for buying a 780, but within a certain budget. Look at how he ignores showing any heat:

Rhaylols: Are you still looking for a 780?

Me: Well it depends upon how much you're asking for?

Rhaylols: Prolly looking for 580 on it.

Me: I think I'll pass, declined an offer for $550, only looking for a good deal, that's all.

Rhaylols: What price are you thinking? I can be reasonable.
This is an EVGA ACX 780 btw.

Me: The ACX Cooler is definitely more expensive, but I'll anyways be throwing a waterblock in it, so even just the PCB would be fine (just sayin, for my needs). And well how reasonable would that be? Gimme your best shot.

Right now, I'm basically looking to trade in my 680 and some cash on that as a first priority. The offer I got for that was $240 with my 680, but that was a bit too much.

Rhaylols: Would you do 220 and your 680 for it then?

Me: Nah, the max I'd do is $150 with my 680. The performance jump isn't even worth the extra 100 or let alone 200 bucks and my OC'ed 680 @ 1306Mhz performs swell compared to a stock 780. Everyone knows that.

Rhaylols: You know the 780 can overclock too, right? That's kinda like comparing apples to oranges lol.

I can do 150 if you can send me a screenshot of that 1306Mhz at 99% usage + everything else needed to confirm it's stable. I think that's fair, right?

Me: Yea I can do that, but two questions first. Why sell such an awesome card, I'm curious? And also, do you have any heat?

Rhaylols: I bought SLI 780s when it turns out I really didn't need SLI 780s. So if I sold it or got a lesser card for the wife's rig + some cash to replace one of my monitor's that just died, it would benefit me greatly. :p

Me: Alright, fair enough. What about some heat?

Rhaylols: Hey, just wondering, why post in your thread "this 680 is faster than any 770" then say you're looking for a 760? lol That doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, still waiting for your screen of the card OCing that far and staying stable.

Me: Well its known as 'downgrading'. Some trade for a higher-end card, some for a lower-end one.And it is stable under watercooling, not exactly air-cooling, the reason why I've brought down the values in the thread till 1267-1280Mhz (if you even took a look). As it stays well below 40C. I don't think I need to show you anything as you weren't even interested.

This is the bench I ran at 1333Mhz:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7034867

Rhaylols: "Downgradng" yet you were looking to trade up for a 780? Uh, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And if I even took a look? Um, didn't I just state I checked your thread again? I was interested, hence our discussion via PMs over it. All I asked for was some verification on what you stated to be true. I'd like a timestamped verification aswell, if that isn't too much trouble for you. I can't see you declining this unless you have something to hide, since these aren't unreasonable requests. In fact, in trades and sales, these are pretty much the norm.

The 3dmark is unnamed and doesn't confirm what you were running at, so it's not really anything acceptable. I mean, it's not even tied to an account.

Me: I don't think you realize what may happen with time. Yes, I was willing to go for a 780 (still am, but not with outrageous prices), but that was a week back, when I got your last reply. During that time, my FS thread for my GTX 680 was closed, and I just opened a new one up today and ironically, you just hit me up today, call it coincidence?, I donno.

May be two 670's are faster than a single 780? Ever thought of that?

Btw, I have nothing to hide, if this card was just average, then hell, I really wouldn't be boasting about it. Check the following links:

http://content.screencast.com/users/...09-06_1649.png

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7123972

Need any other bench run? I'll happily do that too.

Rhaylols: Thanks to your condescending and rude attitude, I don't want to do business with you. Looked over some past trades you've had and it looks like I'm not the only one to echo these statements. You've been dishonest in the past during trades and you can't even give confirmation that you own the card. I'm starting to think you might be looking to scam some people, I will PM a moderator about how you cannot timestamp your card, aren't truthful with the cards specs, and how this isn't the first time this has happened from you.

Good day

Check out his last sentence, I ran the bench in hurry and over read his needs for a certain 'time stamp', and for that, all the crap he wrote, I mean, seriously?

I'm well known on multiple forums, can verify from all of them, have only had one bad transaction, but I correct it by complying with the buyer around five months back. There's a difference between 'trade' and 'trades'. Beware of him guys.

2013-09-06_2205.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back