You Have 7 Days To Kill Gary Busey In Hitman

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Someone (actually, a whole bunch of people) decided they really wanted Gary Busey in the new Hitman as an Elusive Target, and that is now a reality. The actor can be found in the Sapienza location, where you can snipe him, blow him up, etc. What celebrity would you like to see/kill next?

…lead online designer Torben Ellert suggested future Elusive targets could be more challenging than those we've seen so far. "We probably want the first couple at least to be quite approachable experiences, because it's really important that we make it clear that these are not impossible missions," he said. "Yes, they're tense, because if you screw up, you're finished. But they're totally doable. I think we need to keep that for the next couple, but as we go down the line, we will improve on their perceptiveness, where it makes narrative sense."

You have to locate and kill Matt Damon.

Then you find out, after your target is dead, you ARE Matt Damon.

Jack Thompson.
John Romero. Now you can make him your bitch! (you young grasshoppers will probably not get that :D)
Milli Vanilli (aka Fab and Rob)

I would suggest taking Gary in hand to hand combat because it looks like he's holding that blade backwards

Jack Thompson.
John Romero. Now you can make him your bitch! (you young grasshoppers will probably not get that :D)
Milli Vanilli (aka Fab and Rob)

YES. John Romero, and he is sitting somewhere playing darkatana. That would be funny as hell.

just throw was crack cocaine on the floor, he'll stop his sword and start licking it off the floor.

Is this game any good? When i heard it wasn't a full game and you had to buy missions I was like nope not happening.

Hmm hadn't read up on these elusive contracts before. Bought a code off the forums here for cheap, but didn't even complete the tutorial. Wanted to wait until the game was complete. Kinda crap that whatever targets I've missed to this point, I can never attempt. What is to happen when the official full game releases? What if the game crashes during the mission, you're SOL?

I do want to kill Busey though.

Hmm hadn't read up on these elusive contracts before. Bought a code off the forums here for cheap, but didn't even complete the tutorial. Wanted to wait until the game was complete. Kinda crap that whatever targets I've missed to this point, I can never attempt. What is to happen when the official full game releases? What if the game crashes during the mission, you're SOL?

I do want to kill Busey though.

That is the whole point of it being online. To know you only have a small window of time to complete the hit. It is pretty fun actually.

Is this game any good? When i heard it wasn't a full game and you had to buy missions I was like nope not happening.

Well you can pay $60 and get them as they come out. Then you aren't paying "extra". I like it quite a bit. Though I am huge Hitman fan. If you liked Blood Money you will like this game. It will be cheaper, no doubt, to wait for the full game to come out, but it is worth it to me for all the fun contracts they are releasing.

Anita Sarkeesian

Lets make a nude patch of her so we can see a shit ton of drama unfold on the internet. ;)

Courtney Love, full clothed please. I don't want to see that naked, but I have been wanting to shoot her for a bit now. :)
Or even better, the Prophet Mohamed. He deserves his 70 virgins. :p
I would say Jesus, but he would just keep respawning on us. :D

I know this is all in fun, but how long until the inevitable "simulated violence leads to real violence" with the added capper of inciting people to assassinate public figures?

Why would I want to kill Gary Busey (pre- or post motorbike accident?) or any other public figure for that matter?
I mean, I've played GTA, Postal 1/2, but killing famous people in a game that is already promoting a slightly iffy career choice just feels wrong.
I wonder what Gary himself thinks he thinks about this

Michalrz, do you remember how those Assassin games put Newgrounds on the map in the late 90s - early 00s? They should have to include Brittney Spears, Fred Durst and the Boy Bands for posterity's sake.

Last edited:
Michalrz, do you remember how those Assassin games put Newgrounds on the map in the late 90s - early 00s? They should have to include Brittney Spears, Fred Durst and the Boy Bands for posterity's sake.

Assasin games didn't have that creepy psychopathic vibe that I get from Hitman. Hell, I've seen both games and I didn't even care to play them.
I'm guessing it's the whole methodology, predatory, psychopathic vibe that makes me go "nope". And adding the thrill of 1) an actual person 2) a time window just feels wrong. Maybe I'm repressing something, dunno :D
I do know Postal2 had Gary Coleman in it, and you could assasinate him, but the whole theme of the game was just... too nuts to scare.

Maybe I'm getting dumber or older, but yesterday a dude over here was riding around on a bicycle shooting random cars and shop windows with a pneumatic BB gun. Immediately I thought: ha, a fellow GTA player.

Why would I want to kill Gary Busey (pre- or post motorbike accident?) or any other public figure for that matter?
I mean, I've played GTA, Postal 1/2, but killing famous people in a game that is already promoting a slightly iffy career choice just feels wrong.
I wonder what Gary himself thinks he thinks about this

I am going to assume he is just fine with it since they are using his name and image... I would assume they are paying him. (maybe I am wrong)

As for creepy or not, the fame of the person would not matter to me (outside of any legal image/copyright issues). IF killing in a game is ok why should it matter who? Personally I would support/assume the person in question should have to approve of usage of their name/image just like anything else.

IF killing in a game is ok why should it matter who?

It shouldn't matter, because you're already gone quite far. So, yes, it seems hypocritical of me to draw the line in such a weird place.
But it's surprisingly something I've come to realize just as the issue was raised.
It seems my "nope" line is exactly that bit of realism. It's the straw that breaks the camel's back - for me.

I have a great idea for another controversial video game. It'd be called "Spooky Farming". Essentially the player would be a grave robber and would go around looting interesting burial grounds pokemon-go style.
Crazy, right?
I may need therapy, but being tasked to "farm" everyone from the 27 club - it'd feel odd.

On another note - Gary is a bit of a loose cannon after his incident. I never know if I should dislike him or pity him for his handicap.
And finally the molotov coctail of it all - what if it wasn't Gary, but a female celebrity? I wonder what would happen.

I am going to assume he is just fine with it since they are using his name and image... I would assume they are paying him. (maybe I am wrong)

As for creepy or not, the fame of the person would not matter to me (outside of any legal image/copyright issues). IF killing in a game is ok why should it matter who? Personally I would support/assume the person in question should have to approve of usage of their name/image just like anything else.

Back