You guys SURE you want Evga cards?

Now for the record, I have had to RMA an Asus and MSI card and never had any issues. But, the ease of the RMA process from EVGA is second to none. I have been a customer for 15 years now and support has always been very very good.

View attachment 284551
1601669338723.png

Gotcha beat lol.

Now for the record, I have had to RMA an Asus and MSI card and never had any issues. But, the ease of the RMA process from EVGA is second to none. I have been a customer for 15 years now and support has always been very very good.

View attachment 284551

That 78000GT was my 1st EVGA card,bought a 8400GS after,then 2x 8800GTS640 SLI,then a 260GTX 216 ,then on and on,my current is a my 9th.

Why they are making these weird red things on the side is beyond me. They should have gone back to the 1080 industrial style if they wanted something different, at least those were innovative.

View attachment 283617

LMAO! "IMMA FIRING MY RAYTRACE!" Oh wow, I actually want one now, with the googly eyes added.

The 10 series cards looked the best. The FTW3 was amazing. Now they have lost their way a bit with the design.

The 10 series cards looked the best. The FTW3 was amazing. Now they have lost their way a bit with the design.
In my opinion 1080 Ti Kingpin was the best looking variant with the all copper heatsink. The 20 series cards were ok looking. But the 30 series EVGA FTW3 cards just look ugly to me.

Red accents, uneven fan layout, and a wavy fan shroud just doesn’t look good to me. Thankfully I’d immediately slap a waterblock on it and all those issues are resolved.

With the choice being "can I have a card" vs "do you want an evga", I think having product is better than none.

TBH, and I have no clue why, but I have my PC sitting on top of my desk and it has a window... and I do get some enjoyment simply by looking inside of it... lol. However; I also configured my AIO to display CPU and GPU temps, so it's fairly helpful at a quick glance too!

I have an EVGA 980ti and an EVGA 1080ti. I have had both cards since they were released new and the EVGA cards have worked well. At this point I plan to get an EVGA 3080. My kiddo is using the 980ti and is looking forward to my 1080ti. He is the real reason I am upgrading LOL. The HDMI port on the 980ti is getting weird. Every so often the monitor won't wake up and you have to unplug-plug in the HDMI on the back of the video card. I am not complaining about EVGA, that is the only problem I have had with the card in 5 years. I consider that a win.

I have my pc on my desk, it has a window and to top it off, I vertically mounted my GPU. Looks god damn sexy.

I do love Evga products and never had a problem with their products, few times i did call in they were super helpful and resolved any issue or concern i had

D9D4F3D7-6DB2-411A-A320-3798BF3B90B3.jpeg

I got another card in today. I couldn’t land a ps5 pre order to save my life but managed to get 4 3080 cards now without using bots, distill or discord notifications.

Attachments

• 8A687A2F-D43B-43BD-8864-D1E9E1E2132F.jpeg
    8A687A2F-D43B-43BD-8864-D1E9E1E2132F.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 0
Maybe somebody was watching a classic when they decided on the colors?

1602282242248.jpeg

wasn’t there a series of Radeon cards we made this joke about way way back? Seems familiar.

Maybe somebody was watching a classic when they decided on the colors?

wasn’t there a series of Radeon cards we made this joke about way way back? Seems familiar.
i posted this in another thread but yeah.
batmobile cards.jpg

In my opinion 1080 Ti Kingpin was the best looking variant with the all copper heatsink.
I agree they were beauts
1602320554010.png

The only real gripe I have is the red plastic accent. I can tolerate the lumpy shroud and phoned-in RGB blob, the off-center middle fan is actually kind of interesting.

That bright, primary color on an RGB piece of kit, though... that is a sin.

Good thing mine's getting a waterblock ASAP.

I love my EVGA!

I'm on my 3rd 3xxx card, 2 of them EVGA. Sold the EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, got a 2nd and 3rd RTX 3080 FE in the mail the 19th and 21st of Sept. Pulled the EVGA, used the 3080 FE until the 24th of Sept when I got the RTX XC3 Ultra 3090, which I am still using and planning on keeping until the system it's in is sold.

Sold all 3 of the RTX 3080's that completely paid for my RTX 3090, which was very cool and, I am still grinning about.

But, more about the EVGA's

The EVGA XC3 UItra 3080 was 5 + 1 and I didn't have any issues for the few days I used it. I got 1950 OC's with it via nVidia "Performance Tool" I think it's called that's a part of nVifia Experience.

As far and the red accent on the end of the card goes, you don't even see it once it's in your case and honestly, I like the red / black contrast.

The EVGA XC3 3090 is 4 + 2 and the same exact dimensions, size and weight of the XC3 Ultra 3080. Which, at first, I didn't like but now like. There is zero sag and I actually enjoy having a smaller very powerful video card in my system. Before all these 3xxx series madness, I had the MSI Gaming Trio X 2080 ti and that card was a monster. It was at least 25% maybe 35% bigger than the EVGA XC3 Ultra 3090.

Also, I want to point something out guys. The FTW and FTW ultra is all about aesthetics. My friend has the FTW 3090 and his performance and my performance are identical. He is also using the OC tool within nVidia Experience, same as I and we both have the same FPS in the same games. So save your $200 dollars.

I saw a failure rate on video cards several months ago, before the 3xxx series was released and EVGA was at the top of that list. I think Asus and EVGA are the best video cards you can buy.

Also, if you're into small cases or want to run a mATX build, the EVGA XC3 Ultra 3090 is on the small side. It's going to fit I am pretty sure.

I do not think you can OC memory in the GeForce experience tool.... I'd be curious how well the memory overclocks and if it makes a difference on these cards... at least comparing the scale to a 2080Ti memory overclock (which made a decent/noticeable difference in games)

Also, I want to point something out guys. The FTW and FTW ultra is all about aesthetics. My friend has the FTW 3090 and his performance and my performance are identical. He is also using the OC tool within nVidia Experience, same as I and we both have the same FPS in the same games. So save your $200 dollars.

I think the main difference between XC3 and FTW3 is that the heatsink is like twice the size, so I'm assuming there would be a difference in cooling performance. Other than 3x 8-pin vs 2x 8-pin I don't think there's any other differences.

I think the main difference between XC3 and FTW3 is that the heatsink is like twice the size, so I'm assuming there would be a difference in cooling performance. Other than 3x 8-pin vs 2x 8-pin I don't think there's any other differences.

XC3 cards are reference design where FTW3 is custom pcb. FTW3 likely has a better bin and has wayyy better power delivery. Alot more to it then a larger cooler and adding a 8 pin power.

XC3 cards are reference design where FTW3 is custom pcb. FTW3 likely has a better bin and has wayyy better power delivery. Alot more to it then a larger cooler and adding a 8 pin power.

I used the EVGA Precision X1 tool last night and got a 120ish mhz OC and I forget what the memory went to, it was also around 100mhz I think? Sitting at 2125 with boost now

I guess the FTW Ultra would go higher? The record is around 2400mhz and I think that is in the KingPin.

I'm pretty sure there couldn't be much difference between 2125 and 2400. Who knows.

I'm waiting on some custom Aluminum case badges from Poland for my nVidia RTX 3090, a custom Intel 10900K and a Windows 10 Pro. I'm gonna list the system for sale once I get those in.

My new build will probably have the FTW ultra 3090 in it.

FTW3 cards are not binned. FTW3 cards do have much higher power delivery, better cooling, and I believe more thermal monitoring points.

The higher power delivery is mostly a moot point as these GPUs are pretty much maxed out. You’ll push a massive 440w+ through it for a very minimal performance increase.

I got another card in today. I couldn’t land a ps5 pre order to save my life but managed to get 4 3080 cards now without using bots, distill or discord notifications.
What case is that and hows the airflow?

Safe memory OC is +500mhz, pretty much all cards can handle that from what I have read. That's what my XC3 is running right now. If you go higher you will have to test with benchmarks as I believe too high memory won't crash or artifact exactly but it will take a long time correcting errors causing performance to take a hit.

Safe memory OC is +500mhz, pretty much all cards can handle that from what I have read. That's what my XC3 is running right now. If you go higher you will have to test with benchmarks as I believe too high memory won't crash or artifact exactly but it will take a long time correcting errors causing performance to take a hit.
I'm able to run my XC3 at +750 with no problems. Silicon lottery on the VRAM.

I haven't really messed with PX1 much, but the default curve my FTW 3090 tossed at me had a GPU clock boost of 100mhz and a memory boost of 200mhz. That's on par with what the program claimed for my 2080TI.
I accidentally boosted the GPU clock by 200mhz and 3DMark bombed, so whatever my max OC is, it's not too much higher than 100mhz.

FTW3 cards are not binned. FTW3 cards do have much higher power delivery, better cooling, and I believe more thermal monitoring points.

The higher power delivery is mostly a moot point as these GPUs are pretty much maxed out. You’ll push a massive 440w+ through it for a very minimal performance increase.

Pretesting chips to hit a specific clock is the definition of binning.

Last edited:
Personally I don't care how it looks, as long as it works, it will be in a dark case with no tempered glass or I am going to watercool it.

I've run the memory up to 700mhz but gets 1 crash out of 10 attempts. 675 seems to be stable for all benching purposes for me. Suporposition let's me clock +135 on gpu, while timespy only works with +125. No voltage boost with PX1 seemed to yield much higher scores than trying to overvolt. 75% fan speed brings temps to 68C on benching but at a cost of noise. The noise threshold for my setup is 62% which seems to be where it goes to automatically to hold 79-80C temps.

Back