You guys have to play this game!

CodeX

2[H]4U
This is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. It is a remake of invaders but don't let that throw you off, it isn't a simple or easy game. There is really cool ship upgrade system, boss ships, tons of different enemies, really cool techno style music (if you've got a sub you'll love it), an online high score table... and the best part is its only $10. The demo gives you about an hour of play time... check it out:

http://www.puppygames.net/titan-attacks/index.php

Whatever... I think its one of the best indie games I have ever played. I'm sure most of you didn't even play it.

...and people ask why the game industry is so screwed up...

Abyss of Borg said:
Why are they charging for a space invaders remake that could have been done in flash?

my grandma could make a better game then that for free!!

Brucelee said:
my grandma could make a better game then that for free!!

Oh really? Because I happen to be a programmer who makes games and I kind of doubt it :rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling that you coded the game yourself and are trying to sell it through a distributor?

Abyss of Borg said:
Why are they charging for a space invaders remake that could have been done in flash?

It couldn't be done in flash, you either didn't play it or know nothing about programming. Flash is garbage and I wish no one would ever make anything in flash.

CodeX said:
Oh really? Because I happen to be a programmer who makes games and I kind of doubt it :rolleyes:

really? my grandam's a programmer for this company called 3-D vision... she know's ppl who kno people.

MasterOfNone said:
Why do I get the feeling that you coded the game yourself and are trying to sell it through a distributor?

OMG. I wonder if he ever played Rambo for the NES!!! maybe he can clone it.

Should be 100 levels of outdated shooter action/for 5 and up and 65+

MasterOfNone said:

Check my website, my stuff is very different, and not nearly as refined.

Brucelee said:
what version of flash do you use in ur stuff?

LMAO! My stuff is written in C++ with my own engine using Direct3D, DirectInput, FMOD, and Lua

Heh, if you find it entertaining CodeX, that's fine.
But what was in the demo was anything but inventive or fun for me. A basic space invaders clone with a very simplistic upgrade system that has been done to death. And on top of that it has some major bugs / terrible design choices. Occassionaly holding down the ctrl key will cause the gun to continue firing endlessly after the key is released, and sometimes just mousing over a button will cause the button to be 'clicked.' (This may or may not account for why it sometimes seemed to skip over the upgrade page after a level).

Patched up it would be a nice nastalgic game, but right now it's not even worth the download.

Because I don't have a quarter of a million dollars, lol. Professional engines cost a lot of money.

You guys may not have liked it but I just found this review of it at gametunnel, where it won game of the month for April, and also their gold award:

"At it's best Titan Attacks pure retro goodness heaped on so high that you'll wonder how anyone could have put together everything in such a cool package. The game is honestly just shy of perfect and at such a low price is something that every gamer should immediately put into their home library. The graphical style builds on the fantastic Ultratron, but this one is better than even Ultratron, making that rare combination that will keep you playing for hours. My only issue was those moments when you watch your shields drop from 7 to 1 in a matter of 2 seconds. Just a moment of invulnerability after getting hit would have saved my computer from my verbal barrage of frustration! However, in the end I find myself going back to play again and again. This is one of those rare games that I started playing even before the last round-up was done because I was so excited about it, and that excitement was well placed!"

I have no idea what the people in this thread are talking about. Just reading it has made me feel sorry for what the gaming community has become. That was a excellent game and thanks for posting it.

Edit: My comments were not directed at the last the last post by FreiDOg.

FreiDOg said:
...on top of that it has some major bugs / terrible design choices. Occassionaly holding down the ctrl key will cause the gun to continue firing endlessly after the key is released, and sometimes just mousing over a button will cause the button to be 'clicked.' (This may or may not account for why it sometimes seemed to skip over the upgrade page after a level).

Patched up it would be a nice nastalgic game, but right now it's not even worth the download.

I played for over an hour and didn't experience any bugs at all... seriously, I'm not just trying to defend it, none of that happened to me...

Flak Monkey said:
I have no idea what the people in this thread are talking about. Just reading it has made me feel sorry for what the gaming community has become. That was a excellent game and thanks for posting it.

I'm glad someone else liked it. It would be interesting to see the age difference between those that liked it and didn't, nastolgia is a big appeal here I think...

no offense but the screenshot of the game was enough to backspace out of there. But thanks for the link...

Pkirk618 said:
no offense but the screenshot of the game was enough to backspace out of there. But thanks for the link...

Most intelligent post ever :rolleyes:
The graphics are great by the way, one of its best features.

CodeX said:
I'm glad someone else liked it. It would be interesting to see the age difference between those that liked it and didn't, nastolgia is a big appeal here I think...

Hrm... I was playing the Atari 2600 for a few years before you were born and I have no interest in that game. I even had a friend who was an Intellivision snob. :p

Look... if you didn't play it, don't comment.
If you played it and didn't like it, thats fine, but take it for what it is. I realize its not the next Half Life, but for what it is it is great.

I liked it, and it was fun. If I saw a hard copy in the bargain bin, I'd definetly pick it up. But me no have paypal =\

Didnt like it but thats my personal opinion which I'm fully entitled to. CodeX I dont understand why you have to "prove" this is a good game. If someone doesnt like it you shouldnt try to argue with them, not everyone enjoys the same things as you. But thanks for the link and I'm sure there will be others that do enjoy this game. :D

Games are about gameplay, not shiny eye candy. If a games got good gameplay thats all it needs. Oh, and game programming is not easy.

Baker said:
CodeX I dont understand why you have to "prove" this is a good game. If someone doesnt like it you shouldnt try to argue with them, not everyone enjoys the same things as you.

It's fine if you didn't like the game, I'm not trying to convince everybody. I just don't like people mocking it when they obviously haven't played it.

Codex, screenshots usually help market games and what I said implied this particular screenshot didn't do it for me. Don't be an ass because I made a comment about a screenshot.

And for the record, I tried it and the game sucked.

jeesh.

I agree, the game sucked a big fat one. No different than every other wanna-be rip off flash game on the net. What is it with these Indie folks falling in love with garbage?

I thought the game was a kick. I bought it for a ten spot but mostly so the kid can play it. Though, I am sure I will play it here and there with insomnia :)

Nice find either way.

Back