You ever have that "scare" every now and then?

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
So I am installing PuTTY on my phone and try to connect to my home server, and it keeps giving me an error that it is the incorrect password, so I try to SSH in from my desktop and same thing... I start to think to myself...WTF, so I try to log into my router... incorrect password.... and I start to think have I been hacked... who would want all my wedding pictures on my server?

Anyways turns out that I forgot that I was originally SSH'ing into my router instead of my server so of course they would have different usernames and passwords, and I forgot that I changed the password on my server the last time that I was on it (I remembered it though, so thats not a problem) and the problem with logging onto my router was I forgot to knock first.

But do you ever get those moments where your just scared for a second something is horribly wrong? Oh and for some reason the logs on my router think its December 7, 1970.

Last edited:
Yes they happen, and this is why I check, double, triple and usually quadruple check configs before pushing them to offsite clients.

Setup NTP on your router ... this is a must if you plan to do anything useful with your logs.

yeah and it normally happens when i press F5 in a sql query window and run 10 selects at once thinking shit do i have half an update statement in there somewhere

That's happened before. Usually exactly like you said, I had forgotten I changed setting X, which is why setting Y is broken ;)

Back