You Don't Have To Be Okay With Violence In Video Games

Ya it is quite apparent that most of the half-wits that posted, didn't read the article. Steve included by his own admission.

Some of us "half-wits" are at work when we see these, and either don't have time to inspect them with a fine-toothed comb, or can't access the full article. We then proceed to discuss based on the conversation in progress, or based on the small amount we could read. A topic is a topic. There may be finer points to it that some of us missed. I fail to see how contributing to a conversation already in progress is a bad thing. If it's a big enough thing, I'll go back and read the full article when I can.

Aside from that, finer point about marketing aside, I don't think anyone in here was that far off the mark about this guy or his quest. He's still an idiot who wants to complain about something for attention while at the same time continue to play the things he's complaining about.

It all comes down to what you consider to be a lie ....

Every word ever spoken/written by anyone in marketing. ;)

And the ones that arent just straight up lies are straight up smoke. Yes i'm seriously over buzz words and advertisements that say a hell of a lot... but actually say absolutely fking NOTHING in reality!

Way before we had video games, we had toy soldiers with which we pretended to kill other toy soldiers. Then toy guns. We're simply teaching kids to prepare for whatever might come at them. The fact that you only see very rare incidence of a kid actually shooting anyone is pretty good evidence that all this play violence doesn't inspire the real thing, considering that I'd say about 90% of boys play violent first person shooter video games (and yeah, we had these too 50 years ago, it was a bb rifle hard mounted on an arcade game where you shot at the enemies which moved back and forth mechanically).

Some of us "half-wits" are at work when we see these, and either don't have time to inspect them with a fine-toothed comb, or can't access the full article.

Or articles that are obvious click bait which I wouldn't read anyways.

Back