Yoga 2 Pro - Gaming

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone here have one? I'm trying to find a great laptop to replace my desktop as I am moving.

The only game I currently play on my computer is League of Legends. All other gaming will be on a ps4 or xbox one in the future.

Does anyone know how this laptop (with 8gb of ram) handles League of Legends and at what resolution / settings?

Thanks!

It should perform similar to other devices equipped with a i5-4200u. Try expanding your search to other similar devices as well, for example the Surface 2 Pro.

I'd assume at least 1600x900 at medium from what I've heard. From my research the Surface 2 Pro can do 1920x1080 at medium. Using the full 3200x1800 is highly unlikely.

Just a note though the Yoga 2 Pro does not have an active digitzer.

You may want a device with a lower end dedicated chip like the 750M.

You may want a device with a lower end dedicated chip like the 750M.

Meaker -- Not really; that's why I ask the question. The game is not very graphic intensive so I'm more worried about issues with the high resolution panel specific to this system.

limitedaccess -- I do know about the lack of the digitizer. This just seems like the most well rounded laptop out there these days. Thanks.

Well the nice thing about a 3200x1800 display is that it will quarter to 1600x900 and have no scaling issues, so that should be possible with medium/low details.

Meaker -- Not really; that's why I ask the question. The game is not very graphic intensive so I'm more worried about issues with the high resolution panel specific to this system.

limitedaccess -- I do know about the lack of the digitizer. This just seems like the most well rounded laptop out there these days. Thanks.

I might be able to actually directly compare a i5-4200u IGP vs a GT 750m for you next week. Not sure yet but what sort of numbers/data are you looking for?

Another suggest might be to post somewhere like notebookreview forums since they have a larger notebook community and a large Yoga 2 Pro owners thread. More likely to get a response form someone that actually has this specific laptop.

I brought up the digitizer since it seemed like something that might have been overlooked. I know I was actually really interested in it until I found out it didn't.

I've heard some complaints of Windows not really handling DPI scaling that well for such a high resolution. Something to consider before you commit as well.

I've tried the yoga 2 pro out for a few minutes at best buy and it looks solid. I do agree it really could have used the digitizer, but it isn't make or break for me.

I have posted over at their forums in the owners threads, but figured I'd post something here too.

If you can compare that would be great. I'm just looking for it to be perfectly playable with no lag or spikes in performance at maybe medium graphics w/half the resolution.

Back