YMMV - Microcenter GTX 1060 6Gb Open Box 210$

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Your mileage may vary but watch your local MicroCenter

I just picked up an open box MSI GTX 1060 Armor 6Gb for 207$

here my final after tax (Texas) was 224$.. which is still about 35$ cheaper than it was from the cheapest online (260$ Normal) :)

snagged a open box 1070 strix for $359. I dont mind paying sales tax, microcenter is a great company and return policy is worth it.

Picked up a RX 480 for $207 then a GTX 1060 Armor for $216 both prices after tax. Love their "open box" deals
The RX480 had very lil dust in the fan while the 1060 is like new, the Armor 1060 is one FUGLY card though but so quiet and cool compared to my 480.

At the Microcenter near where I live, they have a nice custom XFX R9 380 2GB for only $120 (brand new) before tax. That's a solid deal, IMO, for a good budget video card (this is in NYC).

At the Microcenter near where I live, they have a nice custom XFX R9 380 2GB for only $120 (brand new) before tax. That's a solid deal, IMO, for a good budget video card (this is in NYC).

But then you're stuck with an AMD. But if you can stomach the drivers and extra heat, I guess its okay. Been there/done that/never going back, personally.

1060 = cool, quiet, low power.

But then you're stuck with an AMD. But if you can stomach the drivers and extra heat, I guess its okay. Been there/done that/never going back, personally.

Well, from the NVIDIA side of things, when I went to MicroCenter on Labor Day and yesterday, they had brand-new GTX 980 Ti cards (MSI Golden Edition, amongst others) going for around $320. And custom GTX 980s for $217-230 (several different ones). With the 8.875% NY tax that comes out to $348 for a top-tier GTX 980 Ti (Golden Edition, Gigabyte G1, and so on) and some good, custom GTX 980s for $236-$250, mostly brand new w/a few refurbs. Quite reasonable, if you ask me (what little extra you pay over used online stuff you get back w/MicroCenter's good return policy, even on refurbs/open box). And their motherboard/CPU combo deals almost always leave Newegg, Amazon, and other top online sellers in the dust as far as pricing goes.

Occasionally their in-store pricing is a bit out of date (saw refurb GTX 770s going for $120 on their website that were marked as $179.99 in-store), but just talk to a service rep. and they'll make the change for you. Oh, and they price match a lot of stores, including Newegg (I picked up a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum mechanical keyboard that way).

Last edited:
It's amazing how my MC is still constantly OOS of the good 1070s and all the 980 Ti's.

AMD really shit the bucket with their high-end GPU game.

Ive been using ATI cards since 08 and have never had to RMA a single one. Never had an issue. Bought two r9 290s and some mid range card that came out in '08. I bought one of those all-in-one liquid coolers for my r9 290. IDK man but I love AMD

Back