YMMV: Band Hero Bundle $59 Wal-Mart

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
Saw this at my local walmart They had a shelf full of the PS3 band bundle for Band Hero, was clearanced down to $59 ...

Going back up tommorow to grab one for my kids.. (Damn Taylor Swift..)

Again YMMV it's wal-mart so might not be at all stores...

Thanks for this. I was able to find them clearanced fo $90 each at one of my Walmarts(the other I checked did not have any). I was able to get the 360 version, still a great price. The drum set is great.

seen them at my local walmarts a few weeks back at that price. (Green Bay, WI) Was going to get one but didnt think i would play enough.

When I went back they rang up the normal price $159.. But they marked it down for me and told the guys in electronics to fix the shelf price.

Today's Toys R Us ad has the Guitar Hero - Warriors of Rock Band set for $89.99, so stores are clearing these out.

From what I understand they are discontinued now. Don't think either company is working on any band games for the near future.

My local K-Mart also has a few original Rock Band bundles for $49.

Yea, no new games. But hell, after the first one you never needed a new game, just song tracks. Which there are plenty out available for both RB and GH. So I am happy to be late to the genre and enjoy it at a much cheaper entry fee.

Rock Band 3 is by far the best option among these games.. While it doesn't carry over ALL of the songs that came with RB1 and RB2, it does bring some of them over, which is nice.. RB3 has a LOT more songs that can be downloaded and a much better variety.. Hell, I even got my wife on the microphone a few times in the last couple days.. Now THAT is worth whatever the price is!! LOL!!

With that said, I still think the GH : World Tour and GH 5 guitars are the best of the bunch.. The RB guitars are ok, but the recessed buttons make it a little harder to slide your hands for those quick note transitions.. The only "perk" on the RB guitars above the GH guitars is the effects switch, which I never really used anyway..

Back