Yet another KS space-sim: Starfighter Inc

Interesting. They seem to keep harping on the "what" of peoples past creations more than what they intend to do with their creative past to make the new game better.

They also seem to be trying to copy some of what Star Citizen did with the "realism" side of it contradicting the earlier statement about crossing CS with WOT... What made X-Wing and all of those so damn fun was you could focus on just flying your ship around shooting stuff all SciFi wise. Let the Star Citizen world have the crazy realism and make a fun shooter in space like CS as you claim to want to do.

I'm interested but that video does not entice me to part with any cash unfortunately for them.

I thought that was a pretty cool website, until I turned on the javascript. Looked all artsie... (You need noscript extension to know what I'm talking about.)

I didn't complain for $15.....

I'm going to keep my eye on this. I love space flying sims, but I've been hesitant to get on board with both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. They seem to have a whole lot of non-combat things, and while it may be fun to get completely immersed in the life of a space pilot, I don't have time for that. I want a straight up space combat game. I'm fine with realism from the standpoint of flight, weapon, damage, etc. but I would prefer a game that focuses on dog fighting and nothing more. I played the hell out of both StarLancer and Bang Gunship Elite on Dreamcast.

I'm going to keep my eye on this. I love space flying sims, but I've been hesitant to get on board with both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. They seem to have a whole lot of non-combat things, and while it may be fun to get completely immersed in the life of a space pilot, I don't have time for that. I want a straight up space combat game. I'm fine with realism from the standpoint of flight, weapon, damage, etc. but I would prefer a game that focuses on dog fighting and nothing more. I played the hell out of both StarLancer and Bang Gunship Elite on Dreamcast.

Try Strike Vector. TBH, I haven't played it, but it looks good.

Looks okay, but is it free to play? If so, I am not interested. A more tactical space combat sim is needed. Star Citizen (with a hopefully good SP campaign) is nice, but the MMO aspect of it and Elite don't appeal to me. But I'd prefer that over a free to play game, which always has a combination of terrible gameplay and menu design.

All devs seem obsessed with pvp and mmo nowadays, even with star citizen there is complete silence on the promised sp campaign.

I hate this world we live in. MP should be a bonus, an add-on to the SP portion of any game that you can have fun with a few times, but not the sole point of the enitre game.

All devs seem obsessed with pvp and mmo nowadays, even with star citizen there is complete silence on the promised sp campaign.

I hate this world we live in. MP should be a bonus, an add-on to the SP portion of any game that you can have fun with a few times, but not the sole point of the enitre game.

I didn't even realize initially that this was MP only (unless they hit 1.5M). That seriously is disappointing. I just want a game with a good single player component that I can join on my own.

I don't mind MP games, but it is free to play and MMO that annoys me. A regular pay game isn't nearly as grindy, and actually ends up being cheaper in a lot of cases. Problem is if it is built around the free to play concept, there will be comprises to the gameplay. Especially if they are claiming to be more simulator like. What disappoints me is that there are four MMO space games in development including this one, which makes the market look too crowded for a proper space game/sim.

Our only hope for a game that isn't an MMO / free to play is a Star Wars game, but Star Wars is limiting and basic. But it certainly is a sad state of affairs. We got a revival of space games, but they're all MMOs / free to play. Hopefully Squadron 42 will be good. Unless they make massive changes to Arena Commander, it will always feel like a tacked on budget title and not be a proper MP component.

I don't mind MP games, but it is free to play and MMO that annoys me. A regular pay game isn't nearly as grindy, and actually ends up being cheaper in a lot of cases. Problem is if it is built around the free to play concept, there will be comprises to the gameplay. Especially if they are claiming to be more simulator like. What disappoints me is that there are four MMO space games in development including this one, which makes the market look too crowded for a proper space game/sim.

Our only hope for a game that isn't an MMO / free to play is a Star Wars game, but Star Wars is limiting and basic. But it certainly is a sad state of affairs. We got a revival of space games, but they're all MMOs / free to play. Hopefully Squadron 42 will be good. Unless they make massive changes to Arena Commander, it will always feel like a tacked on budget title and not be a proper MP component.

What?

This game is NOT an MMO. It's more like the counter-strke version of a space sim with match making multiplayer sessions. Think of the missions in XVT,This game is MP only and will not get a singleplayer unless it makes enough in the KS.

I backed this one, as it looked interesting and $16 is well within my entertainment budget for the month. Even at the current amount needed to get the game ($25) is still a cheap game.

The updates have been interesting. So I am looking forward to seeing what this looks like at the end.

What?

This game is NOT an MMO. It's more like the counter-strke version of a space sim with match making multiplayer sessions. Think of the missions in XVT,This game is MP only and will not get a singleplayer unless it makes enough in the KS.

XvT while good (if you like to turn turn turn turn turn)..

XvT didn't become memorable for me until the Balance of Power Campaign - a great way to experience Xwing/TieFighter - completely co-op :)

They broke 200k so I dropped my two cents into the hat.

49k and 4 hours to go...

I mean, if you're THAT close, don't you just go out and anonymously donate the rest of the money in order to not lose all of that cash? even if kickstarter takes some sort of fee...

I mean, if you're THAT close, don't you just go out and anonymously donate the rest of the money in order to not lose all of that cash? even if kickstarter takes some sort of fee...

I would not be the least bit surprised if that's what happened to the Descent kickstarter.

Because there is no money to be made with SP. In PvP it's a perpetual cash cow because people will be spending real money to get ahead. No so in SP.

Before Star Citizen lovers chime in with that it isn't P2W, puh-lease ..., the primary purpose of a business is to make money. Just like in EVE Online you are technically aren't P2W since you are buying in-game currency, but the one with the most material will win the war of attrition.

Because there is no money to be made with SP. In PvP it's a perpetual cash cow because people will be spending real money to get ahead. No so in SP.

Sadly. And they aren't games like BF where you pay once; it is a constant pay in deal. Even BF games have a lot of unlocks, but they aren't too bad. But lots of these newer franchisees are based on unlocking and grinding rather than playing. You could tell the direction these guys were going based on their description. Mercenary theme says it all.

Had it been a combat focused, no unlock space sim with tactical gameplay modes I would have backed it. Ambush/protect the carrier with randomized start positions? Stand off data linked cruise missiles? I'm in.

Organize your clan/social media, pink space ships, 351 varieties of point and click based weapons with ships that fly like horrific BF3/4 planes? No thanks.

Back