Yet another 120Hz LCD: Alienware OptX AW2310 23" 16:9

oh and also is it better to have your... i guess graphics card settings... set to auto detect from software or game... or manually set them all to 16x filtering and 8x AA etc
and vsync off right?

I personally don't mess with the filtering and AA settings unless i do it in game. Most games will allow you to do this. You won't want it enabled in every game as sometime, especially with AA the performance hit is huge. As for AFiltering, the performance hit is usually really low.

Some games its just not supported and it'll cause it to crash.

Has anyone has problems with attaching their USB keyboard to the hub on this display? If I do so, I cannot use my keyboard at my boot loader.

It works perfectly fine if I attach the USB keyboard directly to a USB port on the PC. It also works perfectly fine if I attach the keyboard to the hub on my old CRT.

But with the Alienware hub it's non-responsive until I'm in Windows. Note: I also ha to disable the "no-keyboard" warning in BIOS.

One thing driving me crazy is that the keyboard gets power just fine. Lights come on, etc. But it's not recognized.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has played CoD4 with this monitor at a resolution of 1920x1080 with 120hz? Cause my Samsung 2233RZ just died and the res for that was 1680x1050 and my favorite game ran fine. Just wanted to be 100% sure CoD4 worked with the new higher rez at 120hz before ordering the AW2310.

Back