Yes, you're seeing this, Tron 2.0, and your thoughts.

halc998

Limp Gawd
Yes, I know this game is over two years old, but my question is, What did you all think about the game, what were it's downfalls, what could've made it better.. etc?

A general Liked/Disliked thread. I personally enjoyed the game, as it was very nostalgic for me. I enjoyed the upgrades, and generally disliking brightly colored games, I thought the 'tron' look (think minimalistic, of course) was a very enjoyable atmosphere. Besides a lack of marketing/story being decent, I think the game was worth my $20. What do you all think?

Aside from having the feel of the moive there was really nothing special about the game, thats its downfall.

i knew nothing about the movie, so when i played the game it was in no way fun.

I thought the game was awesome.

The downfall for me was probably how the game ended. Last battle was...eh....odd. Felt a little out of place. But they captured the feel of the movie perfectly

I enjoyed the game .. seeing the original TRON movie is definate plus in preparation for the game tho.

I enjoyed the scenes that took place in the city like environments over the virus infected wasteland type settings ...

weapon /power ups/ammo placement encouraged more exploration within the levels ..especially on hardest settings as you tended to need every damaging morsel you could get your virtual appendages on.

because of the color scheme and over-all look of the game ..some levels were a bit easy to lose track of where you were and where you needed to go.

a couple of the puzzles that needed figuring out to proceed , had me scratching my head for awhile...

all in all , TRON 2.0 is just a standard fps title with a way different look to it which ultimately gives it a different feel for it on the surface..which is a plus for some and a turn-off for others.

it's a good game on its own ...but being a fan of the movie and growing up playing TRON in the arcade adds to its enjoyability and immersion factor for me.

[H]

It was very special indead. Quite unique in it´s approach and very cleverly designed. Monolith always makes good games just look at the NOLF franchise, Shogo and now Condemned and F.E.A.R :). They really outclass both Valves and IDs track record :D. Irrational games is the only one that can compete somewhat I feel. Crytek is to new you don´t know if they are one hit wonders :D when we talk fps genre

LOVED this game. Of course the nostalgia factor was up there for me as well, but really fun & well designed.

Oddly I had just pulled the discs out to reinstall this bad boy.

Personally, I had fun with it. I thought it was actually *better* than the original movie in terms of story and characters, and of course, the benefit of actually getting to *play* as a character inside the Tron universe was cool.

Kind of a drag that Tron himself didn't make an appearance, though.

Jason

I was a beta tester for the game, and as a result they gave me the full retail version for free when the beta was done.. I thought it was just OK.
It was fun at some points, but got old and somewhat redundant fairly quick.

I loved the game. Captured the Concept very well. Best scene of the entire game was when you are in the super computer and the red FORMAT.EXE wall is coming right at you

Mostly it was a run of the mill FPS with pluses and minuses.

Pluses:
-It did the TRON thing very well. So wins points if you are a tron fan.
-Level design was very different, so wins points there if you like the setting and premise.
-upgrades. Lets you personalize your cahracter, which is a good thing and created a context in which the usual key chases etc. make sense.

Minuses:
-Multiplayer. The usual downfall of monolith was even worse this time around. Even if you love the tron concept and world, multiplayer light cycles does not cut it.
-weapons. Not enough variety. Not well balanced enough. most of them are lame pretexts for upgrading, which is a bad thing. If they were all better balanced and more useful, it would have added a level of depth to the upgrade process and character management, as well as making the game more accessible to the average FPS fan rather than the people who are both FPS and tron fans.

I think that's what largely made it a love hate kind of game. Stylisticly it was refreshing for everyone. But in order for the falws to not stand out, you had to enjoy the tron-ness of it.

I like tron, and I really liked playing something that didn't look like 6 other titles that year. On top of that Monolith actually delivered it on time, so it got applied to the massive itch I had built up anticipating it. So to me I thought it was a fantastic game.

I did play it after a video card upgrade because nothign good was out and I wanted to try it out with maxed settings. The issue with the weapons became very obvious if you weren';t being entertained by being able to get to explore the world of tron in a much richer context than just a movie.

Back