Yes, a Pregnancy Test Can Run Doom and Skyrim

erek

[H]F Junkie
"It’s important to note that the pregnancy test hasn’t actually been reprogrammed.

“It’s using a mask rom microcontroller… and a simple LCD that can only show 4 things,” Foone said to Gizmodo.

“So basically all I did was put an OLED display and my own microcontroller into the case. That took only an hour or two. There’s existing libraries for running the OLED that I could use, then I wrote a simple script to push pixels to it over USB.”"

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/09/yes-a-pregnancy-test-can-run-doom-and-skyrim/

For me, I find the most interesting part of this is the teardown of the supposed "digital" test kits that are just a standard test strip inside of a fancy shell.

For me, I find the most interesting part of this is the teardown of the supposed "digital" test kits that are just a standard test strip inside of a fancy shell.

What did you expect to find in one?

Well, the output is digital: it's either True or False, 1/0, etc.. But they still need to get the data from somewhere, thus the analog test strip (and probably some kind of chemical or photo diode to read the result; Edit: maybe a ChemFET?).

what garbage article. they gutted a test stick, jammed something new into it and all it does is play a "video". thats like putting an itx system is a toaster and then say you hacked it to play pc games.
It's more like saying you hacked a toaster to play music when all you did was wire a Raspberry Pi to the input and send an FM signal through the elements.

Sure, the toaster isn't generating music, but it is doing something it was not originally designed to do. Maybe it would've been better to say they hacked the display to play skyrim?

It's more like saying you hacked a toaster to play music when all you did was wire a Raspberry Pi to the input and send an FM signal through the elements.

Sure, the toaster isn't generating music, but it is doing something it was not originally designed to do. Maybe it would've been better to say they hacked the display to play skyrim?
installed a new display and controller to play a video, maybe. its nothing that the headline makes out.

Reactions: Nobu
like this

All that was done was to gut the toaster and put under the empty shell a speaker that’s plugged into a phone. The toaster is gone.

Reactions: Nobu
like this

What did you expect to find in one?

For how much more expensive they are, I think the real surprise is that they are literally just reading a blue line / whatever off of a regular strip with a photosensor, which likely isn't even as accurate as just looking at it yourself.

Like everyone else said this is a bull shit post and article. Guy gutted the shell and put a small display in it. you can hallow out anything and do that. go find road kill and you can “make that play doom” also.

Bush pictures?
1599838529855.png

But...

But....

But.......

Can it run Crysis, hahahahaha ???????

OR better yet....

Can it run "can it run Crysis mode" to see if it can run Crysis ??????????????

Sorry. I just couldn't resist :)

Last edited:
Back