Yep... which mobo.

Stay away from MSI or DFI, Junk and crappy customer service, Asus A8V Deluxe all the way. Stable as a ROCK. PC World magazine used the A8V in their dream system. And it was recommended by Maximum PC as best 939 Mobo, maybe not the best overclocker, but what good is overclocking if it isn't reliable.

thomasward00 said:
Stay away from MSI or DFI, Junk and crappy customer service, Asus A8V Deluxe all the way. Stable as a ROCK. PC World magazine used the A8V in their dream system. And it was recommended by Maximum PC as best 939 Mobo, maybe not the best overclocker, but what good is overclocking if it isn't reliable.

Walter tango foxtrot?

I beg to differ on this post, as currently both the MSI and DFI boards currently on the market overclock higher than their ASUS counterparts, Anandtech and Gamers-Depot have had shoot-outs between the different boards from ASUS, DFI, Gigabyte and MSI.

DFI is number one, MSI second, ASUS third and Gigabyte last for the SLI comparisons for example.

ASUS had built a reputation for quality solid products, but after my last set of problems in the Athlon XP world, I've stayed clear from ASUS.

While building budget, any reason you are sticking with AGP? There are several inexpensive nForce4 boards and you can get either a 6600 or 6200 turbo in PCIe (PCI express).

Both PCI and AGP are busses that are phasing out.

If you're really on a budget, get the Chaintech VNF4-Ultra. Only $97 at newegg. (And don't listen to the ASUS fanb0y...lots of companies make good boards. And every company has a few duds along the way). Get a cheap 6600GT, and game on.

Back