YEA!!!! finally got my new 9300 in!!!! couple questions to fellow owners!!!

doug_7506

2[H]4U
we just got a brand new dell 9300

its a bautiful machine sporting
6800 go
2.13 ghz
100 gig
2 gig ram
dvd burners
17 inch true life
xp pro

and on on

but heres a couple of quick questions

1. no OS disk or drivers? it says on a slip included from dell that you dont need os disk that you can use recovery??!! i bought from a third party but it has the certificate of authencity on it so i has the serial at least, but no drivers or os disk??

2. it was suspose to come with 2 9 cell batteries, i was wondering if they are obth built in, when i turned it on system life said to be 5hrs so its good but when i went to the bettery icon only 1 battey showed up? any info??

My opinon only played with it for about an hour so far but it seems fast and good only complaint is deel stuck alot of crap on it lol.

Thanks,
Doug

doug_7506 said:
1. no OS disk or drivers? it says on a slip included from dell that you dont need os disk that you can use recovery??!!
Dell stopped including OS CDs a couple of months ago and driver CDs a few months before that. You can burn the OS CD from the start menu (some Dell group in All Programs). The drivers can be downloaded here. The recovery menu can be accessed by pressing F12 on the keyboard when the Dell text banner briefly apprears during boot. The card explains this or points to the documentation, so I don't know why you just didn't follow the directions. :p

2. it was suspose to come with 2 9 cell batteries, i was wondering if they are obth built in, when i turned it on system life said to be 5hrs so its good but when i went to the bettery icon only 1 battey showed up? any info??
The laptop only uses a primary battery, so 2 batteries would be 2 of the primary batteries (not a media bay battery like some laptops have). Did the seller advertise it with 2 batteries? Ask him for the other one if it wasn't in the box. But look through the box thoroughly before complaining. :p

(ninja edit)

thanks man

yeah i didnt read it all the way thats my fault, thanks for the info anyway,

no extra battery in box ill just drop him an email and see

thanks
agina

Don't forget to burn yourself a copy of the restore info....or at least Ghost the hard drive. If the seller said the machine came with 2 batteries then that means you should have an extra pack with it. These newer Laptops won't take dual batteries (not that they really need duals)

thanks guys but i had acctually paid 2100 with shipping for it but now i have reviedwed my order and realized it was missing the nvidia graphics card and the extra battery so i talked to the guy from who i bought it and he refunded me 250 bucks and the i turned around and sold it for 1850 to my mom who was about to pay some outrageous price for a compaq :-()

so i went ahead and bought me one today directly from dell with the following

17inch true life
80 gig 7200rpm
6800 go
512mb ram (2 gigs on the way from new egg)
2.13 ghz proc
9 cell battery
windows edia
black/leath quicksnap
4yr preminum warr

$2,131.75 from delll
+ 196.50 from new egg
$2,328.25 for this beats of a machine that i think will compete with if not beat most xps2

o an by the way the 30 percent off ends tomorrow at 6 am if anyone want to try and cathc thiis deal

Ahh I been trying to sell my 2 mo old XPS2 for 1900 but no takers!

2Ghz
1GB
60 GB HD 7200 rpm
DVDRW

etc

if it has a 6800ultra u proably could put it on ebay and get atleast 1800 for it.

but best of luck

doug_7506 said:
if it has a 6800ultra u proably could put it on ebay and get atleast 1800 for it.

but best of luck

Yea, but the problem with Ebay is the fees. I would lose 100 bucks to ebay fees and another hundred in PayPal fess. Then I would have to deal with all the africans from Nigeria who would love to purchase my laptop via certified check!

Back