Yate Loon = God of Cheap Case Fans?

Yeah, so basically I have a build that is almost done except for the case fans.
I've looked around and it seems that the Yate Loons have great prices for the amount of air they push and they're not hurricane-sounding(thank god).

Are the Yate Loons the end-all for cheap case fan(ning?)?
Or is there something more value-packed?

Thanks guys,
Long live the [H]!:D

Theres a reason yates are used so much.

Cheap
Effective
Reliable (to an extent)

That's all I can really say about them. I have 4 of em' in my case, love em.

For the price, $3.50, Yate Loons can't be beat.
For the performance and silence, the Scythe S-Flex 120MM fans are a better choice but are a bit pricier at $14 per fan.

However since Yate Loons are sleeve bearing fans, they will wear out faster than ball bearing fans like the S-Flex. If you mount the Yate Loon horizontally, it'll wear out even faster.

But for the price, they're gods of cheap decent case fans.

Yate Loon also has ball bearing models for about $5. D12B* (* being L, M, or H).

No word on how well they do, but let's face it, they're Yates.

Now, S-Flex's and SilenX fans use fluid dynamic bearings. That's one step up.

Considering the next step up from Yates are about 4 times the price, you really can't go wrong.

Yep they are cheap and work great. They seem to basically be the OEM version of Nexus fans iirc from reading about them on silentpcreview.com

You can sometimes get great deals on them from places like directron or jab-tech, check the hot deals forum for some of the more recent deals and see if they are still active.

For the price, $3.50, Yate Loons can't be beat.
Jab-tech is the only company that I know of selling Yates that cheap. Some people (myself included) have reason to believe that these fans are not made by Yate Loon. I have no definitive proof, but comparing Jab-tech's Yates to Petras Yates show very visible differences. Also, most of the Jab-tech Yates that I received made an annoying scraping noise when oriented horizontally.

For the performance and silence, the Scythe S-Flex 120MM fans are a better choice but are a bit pricier at $14 per fan.
NCIX sells these for $11.37 per fan - you should shop around a bit.

However since Yate Loons are sleeve bearing fans, they will wear out faster than ball bearing fans like the S-Flex. If you mount the Yate Loon horizontally, it'll wear out even faster.

But for the price, they're gods of cheap decent case fans.
I agree with this.

Also, it may be useful to know that Jab-tech sells '-C' 'Yates' that are only 20mm thick. These may be helpful if space is an issue (mounting an MCR radiator in the top of a TJ07, for instance). Be warned that both of these that I got made scraping noises.

The Yate loons I get from Jab-Tech and the ones I got from my bulk supplier are the same.

They're the -c variant, slightly thinner and about 9% exhibit horrible grinding noises (9 in 100, and 11 in another batch of 100).

another vote for YL's. I purchase all my YL's from nexfan(no affiliation with them at all) as they usually send a code for better deals or free shipping now and then. The shipping can be slow at times, but no worries about any of the dozens of fans I have purchased since.

The Yate loons I get from Jab-Tech and the ones I got from my bulk supplier are the same.

They're the -c variant, slightly thinner and about 9% exhibit horrible grinding noises (9 in 100, and 11 in another batch of 100).

Isn't that 10%? ;)

another vote for YL's. I purchase all my YL's from nexfan(no affiliation with them at all) as they usually send a code for better deals or free shipping now and then. The shipping can be slow at times, but no worries about any of the dozens of fans I have purchased since.

Ah nextfan, thats who I ordered through not directron. Did it for some buy 2 get 1 free deal a while back.

Not considering price, yate loon's are good fans. They're consistantly quality (in my experience).

Add on the price, and they're absolutely brilliant.

Back