Yamaha RX-V575 problems

Budman

I put the Bad in Bad Grandpa!
I have a 4 yr old Yamaha RX-V575 & a 4yr old LG 55" LED tv. We have Direct TV and an OTA ant.

I have the Direct TV receiver on HDMI 1 A Pany blu-ray player on HDMI2 Xbox360 on HDMI3 & Roku on HDMI4.

We went to watch something on netflix via the Roku & couldn't get any sound. It's just the wife & I and 2 dogs,

so nobody messed around with any connections.

I gave up on the Roku as we were eating supper & switched over to Direct tv to watch local news & wow

my TV screen has this hot pink cast to it. You could still see the picture but the pink hue was something else.

Like watching TV thru a bottle of Pepto. I do some troubleshooting & low & behold I take the Yamaha out of the hookup

my picture is just like it should be. OTA ant looked great as well.

Sounds like something is messed up in my receiver. Anybody experience anything like this before?

I tried moving HDMI 1 & 2 around but still the same results. I never did try HDMI 3 & 4 or the Xbox & DVD player to see if

they had problems. Any body have any suggestions before I start looking for a new receiver?

Connect the tv box to your tv screen and see if it goes away, if it does and reset doesn't work than your receiver is bad most likely.

I have taken the receiver out of the loop & have the Direct tv box & Roku hooked up via HDMI ports on the back of the TV & everything works fine. I been to busy the week to seriously look into it but plan on doing that this weekend.

I will try the factory reset once I did it out of the tv cabinet.

Well... it seems that the Factory Reset did the trick. Everything seems back to normal. I did find a faulty HDMI cable to my Blu-Ray player which I changed out while hooking everything back up.

Thanks for the advice & link to the Factory Reset.

Back